• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now in the show we see Buu perform a similar feat to what Broly did, Occum's razor would suggest that Fat Buu would be High 3-A just like Broly as this is the justification for him:

This would explicitly make Buu either 3-C or 4-A

Although considering how Buu could tank his put up somewhat of a fight against SSJ3 Goku, and Goku himself comparing Fat Janemba to Fat Buu in Fusion Reborn, this can make it possible to downscale Fat Buu to High 3-A

Any characters such as SSJ2 Majin Vegeta, SSJ2 Goku, Perfect Cell should scale because even though they are definitely weaker than Fat Buu, it is definitely implied that it's not by a large margin. Majin Vegeta and Dabura after all were able to do some damage to Buu after all, and Piccolo even stated that the fight between Fat Buu and Vegeta was producing enough ki to rival Gohan vs Super Perfect Cell, and SSJ2 Goku did pretty well against Fat Janemba too.

Why am I saying this is Fat Buu and not Kid Buu? Because that would've been the Buu that Shin was referring to in that moment! And besides, we had to take into account how Dragon Ball is written, and Kid Buu wasn't even a thing in the creators' minds at the time that episode came out, the first chapter where we see Kid Buu came out over a year after the episode with the feat in mind came out, the anime production team definitely would not have known about Kid Buu.

So, I can say that it's reasonable to put Fat Buu at "at least 4-A to 3-C, possibly High 3-A"

Last edited:
Let's take a look at Broly's justification:
With Buu performing the same feat, we can put him at High 3-A too

Let's take a look at Broly's justification:

With Buu performing the same feat, we can put him at High 3-A too
Eh, No ?
While Broly was specifically stated to destroy the South Galaxy/Quadrant Which is 1/4th of the infinite universe placing him at High 3-A.
I don't think in Buu's case it was any of the quadrants but a regular galaxy sized galaxy. 🐂

Prove that Buu destroyed a quadrant instead of a single galaxy and you got your High 3-A.

Until then, I disagree.

I'll be fine if we get Fat Buu only up to 4-A or 3-C, although the galaxy that Buu destroyed is rather similar to the one Broly destroyed

Edit: to ask though, how come the Broly movie isn't considered canon to the anime?

Well, there is this:
2v2m9.png

Can't reasonably fit the timeline of events on top of the quote that movies are parallel universes and it not being referred to in the anime in any way.
how come then Fusion Reborn is considered canon? Also, I think you can fit the Broly movie on top of the time between when Goku and Gohan exited the RoSaT to the Cell games

Similar thread levels mean that they would be of similar power
Not even close. It's something vague as hell.*

Also, still wouldn't make Broly movie canon, so there's nothing to even scale.

Edit: *In fact, to elaborate further: Broly is considered the strongest foe ever by the director of his movie. Cell wouldn't scale at all anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back