• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Tactics: The Zodiac Revision Story

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, this is essentially an overhaul for Final Fantasy Tactics on 4 fronts, everything is detailed in the different sections of the linked blog:
  1. The game's Magick system as a verse power
  2. An in-depth look at the Job Classes of the game
  3. The Lucavi, the game's antagonists and their abilities
  4. A stats update
Here's how Ramza's and Ultima's new profiles would look.

Stats is the only section that lacks a proper blog section, but the Sandboxes for Ramza and Ultima go in detail for them, but to summarize:

• Attack Potency: Multiverse level+ (Ultima in a vastly weakened state fought Vaan and his team in XII, after they had defeated multi-armed Gilgamesh. In Tactics, thanks to the successful resurrection Ritual, she's back at full strength, which is the version Ramza fought)
  • Speed: Massively FTL+ (When Ultima fought Ramza in Tactics, Ramza had recruited Cloud Strife in his army, so they scale to his Disc 2 speed feats)
  • Lifting Strength: Multi-Stellar (Scales to Ultima Demons who can move the stars in the sky to unleash their Almagest attack), likely Immesurable (Comparable to Neo-Exdeath who had merged with and could move the Void itself)

Aside the Multi-Stellar LS feat, there's nothing really new scaling wise, to be honest, just putting together all the things that are already accepted. Links justifying the stats and the fully elaborated explanations can be seen in Ramza and Ulti's new profiles.

Apologies for redirecting everything to the blog instead of posting the links in the thread, but it's a lot of information and I am this close to a complete burnout.

I also wanted to thank @Maruishimaryishi for many of the translations used in the revisions, which really helped get this on track, @TheGreatJedi13 for helping me out interpret many of those translations and get started with the revisions (honestly, I am pretty bad with the grandiose and otherwordly stuff) and @AlphaOmegaV1 for being a pretty great support in the last months.

I disagree with the lifting strength, why it would be considered exdeath? (and exdeath never did this in the example you gave)

I don't think this is enough for incorporeality
Immortality Negation (Types 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 8) (Ramza's overall abilities scale to his Magick, which can kill monsters who are defeated, but otherwise survive grievous injuries such as being reduced to pieces[8] of their bodies[9], as well as undead enemies[5] who simply revive and restore themselves from fragments of their soul[2] or corpse, or are controlled and brought back[2] by the Lucavi
When does he ever permanently kill these types of enemies? Destroying an undead enemy should not count for immortality negation unless you actually nullify their immortality. You can defeat them by outright destroying them beyond their point of regen without nulling their immortality for example. And how do you know if the Lucavi cannot bring back these enemies?

Transduality Negation (Ramza's attack and techniques can harm Ultima, a being who has been released from the principles of the world[5], being above dualities such as right and wrong, good and evil, creation and destruction, order and chaos[5], and existence and nothingness[7])
Destroying a being who "transcends" those does not require any ability. These statements also sound like they don't grant any ability and are kind of meaningless (except principles of the world, that is akin to "does not obey the rules of physics")

Law Manipulation (Can endure Marach's Nether Mantra, which warps the laws of nature[3] to be cast; Hashmal's powers, which control the laws of the world[5] to bring forth catastrophe to his enemies; and Zodiark's powers which outright fashions[11] the laws of existence)
Enduring attacks that manipulate laws is not resistance to law manipulation, they're surviving the attack, not the part of the attack that alters laws. For example if I manipulate molecules to create a sword and stab someone with it, the person who survives should not resist molecule manipulation.

Haven't played Tactics yet but I agree with mostly everything else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back