• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy Tactics Upgrades

@Comicgyal: I'd say carry on with this CRT as you planned. I still have some ways to go before finishing the stuff I'm working on and don't want to get in the way. I can bring up changes and such later on.

EDIT: Note that Cloud was weakened initially, but did manage to catch up despite his amnesiac state, by the endgame he became stronger when he pieced together his true self and all that because it strengthened his willpower and by extension his Spirit (essentially the Ki/Nen/Reiki/Cosmo/Chakra/Haki of FFVII)

As a Zelda fan it upsets me to see Cloud keep getting upgrades to the point of becoming 2-C while Link remains delegated to tier 6

Obviously agree with the upgrade, but would Cloud also eventually get a new tabber on his P&A section for any abilities he gained in FF Tactics?

@Comicgyal: I'd say carry on with this CRT as you planned. I still have some ways to go before finishing the stuff I'm working on and don't want to get in the way. I can bring up changes and such later on.

EDIT: Note that Cloud was weakened initially, but did manage to catch up despite his amnesiac state, by the endgame he became stronger when he pieced together his true self and all that because it strengthened his willpower and by extension his Spirit (essentially the Ki/Nen/Reiki/Cosmo/Chakra/Haki of FFVII)
Okay, I await the time you post the blog :) I also would like to discuss remake scaling with this in mind, but I’ll message your wall as to not derail this thread.

As a Zelda fan it upsets me to see Cloud keep getting upgrades to the point of becoming 2-C while Link remains delegated to tier 6

Obviously agree with the upgrade, but would Cloud also eventually get a new tabber on his P&A section for any abilities he gained in FF Tactics?
Yeah, umm... here is my idea of how it would look like. Sorry for the shameless self promoting. >_>; Check the abilities, disc 2, FFT tab.

EDIT: I know your pain, Universal Link was hype =/

At least in Smash, Cloud and Link can clash blades as equals while exchanging stories about their dimensional travels from corrupted demon swords to that keyblade wielding kid that Cloud knows.
EDIT: I know your pain, Universal Link was hype =/
He's still 3-A with the complete Tri-force but I dunno I kinda liked L2-C to 2-C Link but I digress.

Thanks for your work @TartaChocholate.

Some Zelda fans should try and restore his ratings, im sure the justifications are somewhere.

Mostly because Ramza would not have allowed a dead weight to get himself killed in his army, especially as he was very aware of the huge stakes and dangers of what he was facing with the Lucavi.

Would you be willing
Mostly because Ramza would not have allowed a dead weight to get himself killed in his army, especially as he was very aware of the huge stakes and dangers of what he was facing with the Lucavi.

to help apply justifications to the Tactics profiles?

@Dust_Collector You say that like Link and Cloud have any similarities at all when it’s just blonde sword users, there’s much better matchups for Link than Cloud.

The Tactics stuff will come when we get around to Ivalice as a whole since there’s 6 games to go through for that.

This doesn't mean Cloud is comparable, how strong are the Lucavi? And can you send scans so it will be easierto explain

You have yet to prove he’s not comparable. How about prove he cannot keep up with the cast because this is basic JRPG scaling 101.

Yes you do when this is the standard norm for JRPG scaling. If you can’t be bothered to explain your reasoning then no one’s going to take your side

This doesn't mean Cloud is comparable, how strong are the Lucavi? And can you send scans so it will be easierto explain
I do have footage of Cloud in battle with Balthier and Ramza and not having his measly 4-A atomized by them flexing their 2-Cs.

Okay, bad jokes aside. I do see your point, but the issue with that reasoning is that it can be easily stretched to say Ramza doesn't scale either to Balthier (or that it would be an outlier or whatnot) or nobody would scale to anobody unless you have a direct statement or feat, which can also be called into question with enough scrutinity. (And this gives me a bad reminder of the "it's just gameplay mechanics" dark ages where people were insisting that Wall level Tifa losing to Yang was valid because Cloud did all the heavy lifting in FFVII). And tbh, I kind of see it the other way around, fighting together or keeping up with someone is solid enough in itself to prove the character is on a comparable level, if he is definitely weaker or can't keep up, there is some stuff that points that out. For example, Cloud himself upon arrival in the battle to recruit him couldn't fight back, was simply level 1 and spent the whole battle fleeing, which can easily be taken as how messed up he was after his fall into the Lifestream. Or the iconic case of the Nibelheim flashback in VII, to hammer how astronomically more powerful than Cloud Sephiroth was, Cloud was level 1, Sephy was level 50, the first enemy they fight together one-shots Cloud but can't even scratch Sephy, Cloud deals damage in 100s or so, Sephy deals around 3000 and kills it in two hits, and more subtly, Cloud can be controlled, Sephiroth works automatically, there it's hammered that they worked together but were not equals.

I don't follow you on the Lucavi, sorry. You mean which tier they are on their own? Who they scale to? Or the comment I made on "echo" of their power?

@Glass: Cloud vs Link feeds more on the whole FFVII vs OoT rivalry dating back to 98, but just as you say, they have very little similarities. In fact, they are so opposite of each other in personality, lore, background and everything it's kind of hilarious.

@Comicgyal: I am deeply sorry, really... but I'll have to pass. The time I have to work on VS stuff is fully going to the blogs and my other nonsens. It's been stretching for 7 months already. Taking more work would be pretty irresponsible on my part.

Back