• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Final Fantasy discussion thread III: Riding the Eternal Wind

Cool so who's gonna open it? In Episode Ignis, Noctis can use Alterna against Ignis during the "Friendly Match". If he succeeds, the player loses the battle instantly, with no chance to revive with Phoenix Down. It totally negates resurrection.

Are those extra battles in the DLC considered cannon? Alterna is Dimensional BFR, I don't know if it actually kills just removes someone from the battlefield.

Yup, I'm pretty sure it doesn't add anyone major to our current V profiles but hey, it'll maybe allows V to have a mini verse page if profiles for the OVA characters are made

AshenCrow777 said:
The Void or just void? Also can we use planetary ifrit from the expanded FFXV universe?
The Void between FF Universes, normal people can't survive there so it's BFR and a kill move. And so long as it's Canon, it can be used.

She genuinely has willpower hax, Physics Manipulation and Bad Breath among a bunch of other things. And a lot of things plus where is her X2 variant?

All of the X Party Members have access to each others part of the sphere grid. Meaning they all have the same abilities sans character specific ones like Yuna's Summoning and Khimari Ronso's Blue Mage Power Mimicry.

@Hst Master: So, uh, question: IIRC while the possibility of using the entire Sphere Grid was actually raised here some time ago, in the end it was decided against it because given how all characters have a designated course in it pointing to a more or less "canon" skillset aside their unique abilities in gameplay (unlike stuff like Job Classes which anyone can take without restrictions). Did you find something that points that all the cast can access the entire Sphere Grid? Just wondering because that would be of huge help.

That was the reason? That's a pretty weak reason, seeing as how the game itself makes it clear what is specific to a certain character, Yuna being the sole one that can Summon, Khimari Ronso's ability to copy Fiend abilities, Wakka being the Physical Long Ranger etc. It makes especially less sense given you canonically get a Sphere Key to unlock other parts of the grid and at the end of one character's Grid is another's and in the case of Khimari, all of them sans Auron's.

Hst master said:
That was the reason? That's a pretty weak reason, seeing as how the game itself makes it clear what is specific to a certain character, Yuna being the sole one that can Summon, Khimari Ronso's ability to copy Fiend abilities, Wakka being the Physical Long Ranger etc. It makes especially less sense given you canonically get a Sphere Key to unlock other parts of the grid and at the end of one character's Grid is another's and in the case of Khimari, all of them sans Auron's.
This is actually pretty important, when did you obtain this one? Because if it was obtained as part of the story it can be argued that the story itself incentives the player to expand the characters' skillset.

@Zero: The artist's style kinda reminds me of Akihiko Yoshida's, XD

You have a chance to get a sphere key from a traveller, The Chocobo Eater, and no matter what a kid will give you one in Rin's Shop, all after Auron joins up after the Blitzball tournament.

@Hst: That can actually make a good argument in favour of the free use of the Sphere Grid. Have you had the chance to check side materials to see if they mention something about it? Usually Square Enix does tie the lore and gameplay features, so it's possible that the Sphere Grid and its use is mentioned somewhere.

@Zero: Now I can put my finger on it. Tifa looks a lot like Agnes in that illustration.

When Lulu is explaining Khimari's Blue Mage ability she specifically points out the difference between anyone else using it and him using it, implying it's not a exclusive ability despite him being the only one with access to it initially.

Sounds pretty good so far. I know this is being kinda bothersome here, but can you link to it in a walkthrough or gemplay vid found in Youtube or so? to see the scenes in context.

• That feeling when you won't get FFVIIR at launch cuz no PS4*
Feels bad man...

I will have to wait a year or so for it to come on PC.

To be honest I was considering buying a PS4 for all the exclusive games but when they announced that 5 will run all 4 games it killed any chance of me buying it.

I got a full time job recently in attempt to save money for university so it's not like I am low on cash, it's just not worth it at this point.

Yeah, I agree as well. It shouldn't be much longer for PS5 AFAIK, and the following parts of FFVIIR will come on PS5 anyways so you're much better holding off for a PS5. The compatibility doesn't hurt.

Personally I'm not gonna get a PS5 at launch. I'll wait until it has a decent library otherwise it'd basically be a PS4-2

Hst master said:
Personally I'm not gonna get a PS5 at launch. I'll wait until it has a decent library otherwise it'd basically be a PS4-2
It will be too expensive for me at launch that for sure. Not to mention my dad is a huge anti-gamers guy so he will smash my head if I waste a 500$ on a console lol.

Honestly, there is a bigger chance of FFVIIR coming on PC before I get the chance to buy a PS5.

Does anyone else think Omega's page feels barren? It mostly consists of its V appearance more then anything and it doesn't mention the fact that most versions of Omega are created by the true Omega

also why no mention of it's possible 2-A feat in 14?

Well... there's still a long way with all that's left to update regarding FF in general (I still am hands full on VII and have a lot to cover). If you think a profile needs rework any sort of input is welcome, especially CRTs and sources for updating.

I didn't even know there was a true Omega.

Now... there IS an Omega Weapon in FFVII, but it's completely unrelated to the Void or the one from FFV and works very differently, so I made it its own profile given all they share as connections is the name (and even then its for different reasons, in VII is because it brings the absolute end of the Planet)

The Omega from VIII also has its own profile.

Back