• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not in his arsenal in this match because of changed OP and I don't see how nulling energy would stop him from being struck instantly.

Demise0 said:
That's not in his arsenal in this match because of changed OP and I don't see how nulling energy would stop him from being struck instantly.
He will get struck but he will survive thanks to saviors hide

And fiamma has no defense against the Thu'um? He doesn't need it considering it can't reach him across the planet even dicounting that what's to stop HR auto defense from just slapping dovahkiins throat and crippling him like Tiber septim when he tries to speak so there is that too

Become Ethereal won't help either hr can smack angels so it could still hit him

Time stop is the only shout that would help much and that's assuming that and that for some reason out of everything dovahkiin can use he chooses time stop

1 Dovahkiin for some reason gets to speak faster than fiamma tps and

2 Fiamma's auto defense doesn't just hit his voice box

Become Ethereal helps. It turns Dovahkiin into Void, which in the context of Elder Scrolls is far more intangible than anything in Index.

Auto-Defenses wouldn't counter Tonal Magic. You're acting like everything is regular magic on a gameplay scale.

...Can people stop saying Savior's Hide is not allowed?

I've read the entire thread and I have yet to see the OP himself restricting it or changing it. Yet I see people voting Fiamma saying it's restricted, what.

Unless I missed, in which case do be kind enough to point me to where the OP was indeed changed.

No I'm not saying it counters tonal magic I'm saying it prevents it

In the lore Tiber Septim was prevented from using the tim by a wound to his throat

If the dovahkiins throat is struck it's reasonable to assume that he can't use the Thu'um either

I doubt that become Ethereal is more intangible than anything in index

And ik not crying restrictions op literally said a few comments back he was going to restrict artifacts and asked for suggestions

Paul Frank said:
crippling him like Tiber septim when he tries to speak so there is that too
Duadeen wondered if the pirate could give any kind of version at all now. Every time the Emperor shouted, things went violent and awkward. One shout after another. Even the snow looked a different color, gone a bit brown from the dirt stirred up underneath, or the sweat which all of them contributed to, the animals as well, as the horses had never liked it, this shouting and those Imperial aurochs, snorting their bellows-hearted move to go, but all including the moons made to look by the red diamond men and small militia, even Duadeen's own small contribution, professional scofflaws and hard men of worth; their retainers were exceeding high to the robber-baron of the Way Rest, but probably nothing in contrast, not even worth a spoken well-done, to this new and two-headed crown in at least many ways reborn.
And:

Tiber Septim stood up, dropping everything he held. Tobias' head fell back to his chest, propped up now for a slight by the dagger hilt before lolling to this way and that, for all the mad moving to and fro had broken all his neck bones.
"It looks now like you've had a right good fight, maybe even near the victor, as it's only me now that escaped, an ambush that went nearly wrong, and again my enemies will think me possible to take down, if dangerous to try. And that's how I will win."
The Emperor shouted and the whole of the wood forgot what was said.

And:

Cyrus: "You've got to be kidding me."
Tiber: "I'm not. I would give your honor a better place and this I swear. Mine is the Voice of the Emperor."
Cyrus: "That's exactly what I came to steal."
Tiber: "What would you do with it, if you had it?"
Cyrus: "What you won't."
Tiber: "That's too broad a view, Cyrus. And it smacks of desperation."
Cyrus: "I'm chained to a wall. Thought the tone might fit."
Tiber: "Ah, then tones it is. Hear mine: WULDVOKEIN!"
Cyrus" "Stop."
Tiber: "HOON!"
Cyrus: "Quit... talking in hurricane."

Tiber Septim was never permanently crippled from using the Voice.

Also if you want to argue that being the prisoner means the Dovahkiin knows exactly what to use in any sitituation why doesn't he have precog on his profile?

TacticalNuke002 said:
Here's a fair set imo:
Ebony Mail, Masque of Clavicus Vile, Ring of Namira, Mace of Molag Bal, Skull of Corruption, Azura's Star.
That's just someone's opinion that's hilariously nerfing the Dovahkiin, seemingly just to make things easier for Fiamma. Removing shit that's not even Daedric or related to their quests is also nonsensical.

@Strong Tactical is not the OP and the OP considered/wondered if he changing the equipment would make the match any more fair.

He never actually changed anything in the OP's current situation so as it stands right now, it's everything except the Spellbreaker. Just as listed in the first post.

Paul Frank said:
Also if you want to argue that being the prisoner means the Dovahkiin knows exactly what to use in any sitituation why doesn't he have precog on his profile?
Never said this. I said that technically any answer of what Dovahkiin would start with is equally valid and correct because that's how the Prisoner is.

@Fate He asked Tact & Zen what would make this fight more fair because he didn't know and Tact posted one. If you would like I get him to edit it.

StrongClick said:
@Fate He asked Tact & Zen what would make this fight more fair because he didn't know and Tact posted one. If you would like I get him to edit it.
Is equipment restriction even allowed under this wiki rule?

@Strong Well, the OP asking "what to make it more fair" was the last thing he posted, though.

Regardless of what others answered after that, the idea of fairness for both characters in one person's eyes can be different from another so until the OP himself does the change, the conditions he currently set should be applied.

Especially when, as he said he's not sure what conditions are best for the match.
Xtasy1
His opinion could very well change about restricting Savior's Hide based on the discussion so far and leave it as is.
But if you could get him to settle this case, yes, it would be a great thing. Thanks in advance if you do. o/

I don't think that saying any interpretation of what the Dovahkiin will do is equally valid is really applicable to versus threads but ok my bad I thought you meant he knows exactly what to do

So let's go with a scenario in dovahkiins favor he currently has all daedric artifacts besides spell breaker so let's say he has saviors hide and ring of namira on and chooses to start off with time stop and has x daedric weapon sheathed

Fiamma still tps faster I'm not seeing how explaining how tonal magic works changes this dovahkiin doesn't have enough range with combative Thu'um time stop would still time stop but how exactly is dovahkiin going to affect fiamma across the earth

Ik Tiber Septim wasn't permanently crippled but he was crippled for long enough that if dovahkiin was crippled for that same amount of time he would be incapable of shouting in this fight

To be honest, i don't think restricting such a huge amount of the Dovahkiin's equipments is fair. I mean, it feels like taking away one of his core aspect as a character. As the Prisoner. He is supposed to have all of these abilities, power and artifacts all at the same time. I can understand if we take some of his equipments, but to just leave him with 6 or 7 artifacts is a bit much for me.

Waria Kambang said:
To be honest, i don't think restricting such a huge amount of the Dovahkiin's equipments is fair. I mean, it feels like taking away one of his core aspect as a character. As the Prisoner. He is supposed to have all of these abilities, power and artifacts all at the same time. I can understand if we take some of his equipments, but to just leave him with 6 or 7 artifacts is a bit much for me.
There was a thread a while back stating that for rpg characters op had to specify a loadout

Waria Kambang said:
At what point will people realize that if you have to resitrct 90% of a character's powers and equipment to make a fair match, the match was never fair to begin with?

Just pointing out that even if you restrict Saviour's Hide, Ebony Mail is just as tanky when it comes to magic resistance, not to mention the Necromantic Amulet spell absorbtion as well on top of everything else he has.

Paul Frank said:
I don't think it's really applicable to the Dovahkiin. The reason such a rule exist is because we don't know what kind of equipment those characters wear canonically and so that we can make a fair match. The Dovahkiin is way different since he canonically wear all of these equipment at the same time because it's his nature as the Prisoner. At this point, restricting such a huge amount of his equipments just seems like trying to make an unfair match fair by taking away the Dovahkiin ways of winning.

The rule is literally made for someone like the for the Dovahkiin

We are supposed to argue about the most likely scenario so equipment specification for a character like dovahkiin is needed if not we would have to argue every possible combination of equipment and every possible starting move and how the opponent would interact with that scenario

In other words we would have to prove a character can win in an infinite amount of scenarios which is not feasible at all

Paul Frank said:
Which is why said that the rule is not applicable to the Dovahkiin. You said we should argue about the most likely scenario when Matt.already explained that all of his first moves are equally true . And again, i'm not completely against restricting his equipments, i'm just saying that if you have to restrict 90+% of his equipments, then it's just a bit much. One can look for a character that may make a good match for the Dovahkiin and restrict some of his equipments. You don't have to literally restrict nearly all of his equipments to make a fair match.

Anyway, let's stop. We just need to wait for the OP to make his decision.

as i said before, this is a stomp, HR will just one shoot from the start and by rules it's a stomp as there is no fight as it ignore speed, defenses and power before Dovahkhiin can actually shout

and to the people arguing about verse equalization, to aru magic and skyrim are actually pretty similar, while in skyrim one use his own will and mana to create magic in to aru to "cheat the system" they use idol theory on already existing phases to create magic and bending that to their own will, both work by reality warping one just use an already existing system to cut on cost and efficiency (or one can create their own but it takes more time and cost) this system in universe for how broken it is creates loads of problem that are not still fixed after 48 volumes

You can't just argue that it is a stomp while not presenting any real arguments byond a NLF. Most people actually believe the opposite.

"everything i don't like is NLF" the limits are there he is high 6a, the scan of him ignoring speed, power and space are there

saying "the thum is much more impressive than fiamma" is not a real argument magic in to aru is not different than messing with the code of the world fiamma at the max of his power could change the phase which is pretty much rewriting the current world and already before gaining his max power he fixed the world code error of the elements misalignment

u could literary compare magic to TOD (and yes the system is mess in universe too)so i say that thum and fiamma hax are pretty comparable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back