• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FE thread 7: Eagles are black, Lions are Blue, Deers are Golden, which one are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are his death quotes according to the wiki.

• "One day...As long there is darkness, my manifestations will appear. "
  • "When peoples' hearts only have evil inside them, and that is when my manifestations will appear. The heart... As long as there is light, darkness will never fade away..."
  • "AS LONG AS GREED LIVES ON IN YOUR HEARTS... YOU WILL LOSE THE SHIELD AND I WILL RISE FROM THE EARTH ONCE AGAIN... "
  • "So long as the darkness in your hearts continues to sustain me... I cannot be... destroyed......"
  • "SO LONG AS EVIL LURKS WITHIN THE HEARTS OF MAN... SHOULD THIS ACCURSED SHIELD BE LOST, WE SHALL RISE FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL... "
It seems like he is referring to humanity as a whole, since he constantly says "hearts" plural rather than just referring to a single person.

Yes, I know that. Hearts is plural and definitely referring to humanity. But Marth is the saving grace; that's why he's the only one who can slay him.

"Nngh...Defeated again...by humans! Know this, Altean prince... That light which surrounds you is only a temporary respite. So long as the darkness in your hearts continues to sustain me...I cannot be...destroyed..... Rrraaahhh!!!!!"

"GWAH...! WHY......? WHY... HAVE I... BEEN DEFEATED... SO EASILY...? IS THIS... THE POWER... ...OF NAGA'S... BINDING SHIELD...? KNOW THIS, HUMANS... THIS LIGHT IS ONLY A BRIEF RESPITE... SO LONG AS EVIL LURKS WITHIN THE HEARTS OF MAN... SHOULD THIS ACCURSED SHIELD BE LOST, WE SHALL RISE FROM THE DEPTHS OF HELL... DO NOT... EVER FORGET..."

Ehhh... I'm not agree that is Marth's pure heart what would cause Medeus being unable to return. This is even mentioned when Marth kills Medeus on New Mystery of the Emblem. But, I don't want to say that is Immortality Type 8 Negation just yet.

well it seems like the Binding Shield is what prevents him from resurrecting, since he says that should it be lost, he will rise again.

Only staff can edit blogs during the forum move process unless someone like Antvasima gives you temporary editing rights.

Edit: I edited by comment; it's due to Forum move, and nothing to do with "Pandemic." Not sure why I worded it that way.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Only staff can edit blogs during the forum move process unless someone like Antvasima gives you temporary editing rights.
Edit: I edited by comment; it's due to Forum move, and nothing to do with "Pandemic." Not sure why I worded it that way.
Why would the pandemic affect the ability to edit blogs?

Rhea banned Rhea in Fodlan because "there would be fights over her".

Well, this thread seems to be dead, so how about I revive it.

Having beaten Golden Wildfire and Part 1 of Scarlet Blaze, Three Hopes has made something fairly clear to me: There are certainly some non-crest wielders who scale to crest wielders, and the House Leaders aren't in a league all their own. Once scene in particular showed Hilda deflecting a strike from Dimitri, and Claude even admitted he wasn't confident he could beat Dimitri alone and that his allies would make a major difference (Referring to Lorenz and Hilda).

It's not like this Claude is weaker than his Three Houses counterpart just because there were two years in-between when this happened and the Three Houses timeskip. (Major Golden Wildfire spoiler) Claude got the final blow on Rhea.

There are also examples of non-relic users being clearly comparable to relic users. Caspar can regularly spar with his father, a task that caused Shez (Who's power is often compared to Hero's Relics and is clearly comparable to relic users) to nearly pass out. Caspar can also keep up with Balthus, who is not only a Relic user but can keep up with Holst, who's considered to be the strongest man in Leister, above even relic users like Claude and Hilda.

(Part 1 Scarlet Blaze spoilers) Hell, even somebody like Shamir posed a genuine risk of killing Edelgard. Sure, she's incredibly skilled, but she's not really considered to be that far above everyone else in terms of raw power.

Not even including the fact that I... disagree with a lot of where Three Houses is currently placed at, it feels like there should be a major restructuring of the metaphorical totem pole.

This was the "Before the forum move" General discussion. The current one is here.

Anyway, closing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back