• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

FE thread 7: Eagles are black, Lions are Blue, Deers are Golden, which one are you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaChi2

VS Battles
Retired
Im afraid I had to shrink the "discussion part" to accommodate the second part.

Anyway, we are now in the seventh thread thanks mostly to the last installment, because prior to that these threads had little activity.

Have fun everyone and remain Cyril.

Fire Emblem Overview

As I was saying, I think Sothis' feat of creating the "world" is more so Planet level than Universe+ Level. I think she was already in a physical form as well, Rhea just states that she took a human form when she descended.

That would imply that Nabateans need to descend into their non-physical forms, Sothis was created before time and she's separated from the world she created. This is both before she descends and after her death.

I cannot find any statements that imply she lived before time. The only thing I can find is that she is from the Blue Sea Star. And I'm pretty sure Sothis just took the form of a human to live among the native people. (aka agarthans)

I'm with Rtxthegamer, if their are no Universe of before time statements, she shouldn't be that tier

Like seriously, we keep asking for these statements and no one has provided them yet

I still disagree with lowballing it to planet level. But I can temporary change her Tier to Unknow but note she's still the one who created everything. But, I'm pretty positive there are indeed universal statements about Chaos of Creation or Before time began. As well as 'Creator of Everything".

As of now, we should make her an Unknown tier until we can find said universal statements. "creator of everything" by itself is pretty vague. We would need some context behind it.

I'd like to reiterate that you all are free to make profiles without my template being finished. Most of my efforts are just mto make the abilities/combat arts/equipment section at the bottom

Im playing SS fresh NG for the first time after completing cindered shadows.

My god those DLC classes are OP.

Im not talking about war monk or trickster.

I prefer +1 range over +1 mov myself, but mostly because levelling up horse already gives you +1 mov at A+.

I agree both are very good, tho.

And this way I can get ridiculous stuff like 1-6 range thyrsus users, 1-7 if the spell was -3 range. Which is insane lol.

I just really like Flier+Canto, I can move my unit over any surface, attack, then run away

It's just really op and I love it

The problem with that is that there are very few flying battalions. And if Im not mistaken there is only one good magic based battalion, which you get from Constance's paralogue.

There are good flier battalions that don't decrease magic though, and with Lysithea who has Fiendish Blow+Black Tomefaire, you hardly need the bonus magic from a battalion

Eeeeh. Reaching Black tomefaire is veeeeeery endgame stuff unless you grinded the levels.

I always thought it was pretty dumb that out of the three main dark magic users, only one of them can actually become a dark mage or dark bishop. It feels like those two classes are almost pointless. The only reason you should ever use a dark seal in a non-CF playthrough is if you want a class mastery ability, and that seems to me disappointing.

I'm disapointed by Three Houses magic system all around honestly.

LIke I apreciate that they're trying to build on what Gaiden started but this is practically a step backwards.

Also why did they change the definition of Black/White magic?

Eh. I max out her Reason at the start of each playthrough anyway so I go Dark Flier for Lys outta personal preference.

@SuperKamiNappa

How so? I like the idea that magic comes from the person and not tomes, it's like D and D, they have spell slots and I never need to buy new tomes, cause they never break

It's mostly the terrible way skills are built around them, but I also don't really like that characters have forced spell lists.

I mean, honestly once I got Fiendish blow and the two new abilities, I didn't really need much. The skills seem to work fine. I also rather have each character have their own unique spell list than relying on tomes. I wouldn't mind a "learn magic" mechanic but I personally just prefer this over tomes which annoyed the hell out of me.

SuperKamiNappa said:
Black Tomefaire does nothing for Lysithea. She uses dark magic not black
That's why I said endgame, I asumed he was referring to the S+ tomefaire.

Lysithea can only ever get Dark Tomefaire by getting S+ Reason, so it's better to just put her in a useful class.

Having Black/Dark Tomefaire be separate skills is super annoying. I have no idea why everyone learns White Tomefaire instead of Recovery+ skills considering barely anyone uses many light magic spells. Dark Mage being Male exclussive. No proper Master Class for Healers. No proper DLC class for Healers.

Why does this game hate healers?

I honestly perfer not needing tomes to use magic.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
I honestly prefer this system to Tomes tbh.
I personally... Dont. Its not a big deal, tho.

Tomes are more balanced since there few of the OP ones. And there arent busted spell lists or mediocre spell lists.

Here you get all your spells refreshed each chapter. Infinite spells ftw.

Giving a unique spell list to each character is a good idea in theory, but the execution is subpar. There's no way to tell which unit learns what without looking it up, so you mostly never make a character use magic unless they're already designed to be a magic user. All that freedom in choosing classes goes to waste a lot of the time. Plus, many spell lists are super boring. Why does every single character in the game learn nosferatu and heal, and at the same skill ranks?

Rtxthegamer said:
War Master Hanneman with Aura Knuckles is obv best
Aura Knuckles and Dragon Knuckles/Claws are the ones I have never used.

Killer Knuckles are just that good.

Eh, to each their own, I care less about balance and more about if I'm having fun or if I am comfortable with what I am playing. This is why TH is my personal favorite game, I can play how i want, do what I want and just be a free bird. I prefer that over anything else.

FDrybob said:
Why does every single character in the game learn nosferatu and heal, and at the same skill ranks?
I believe it's due to Nosferatu and Heal are the most basic of White Magic and are skills that should probably be open to everyone while Seraphim, Aura, Abraxas, etc are more high level and deserve more variation.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Eh, to each there own, I care less about balance and more about if I'm having fun or if I am comfortable with what I am playing. This is why TH is my personal favorite game, I can play how i want, do what I want and just be a free bird. I prefer that over anything else.
Its more like I dont enjoy having some characters being superior to others just for their unique spell list.

On this account, my favourite system is the one from Tellius. It brings another layer of complexity to magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back