• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fate/Stay Night: Caster and Archer Revisions

It has come to my attention that Medea's profile is like

really bad

A lot of the F/SN profiles are not great so this is gonna be the first step to fixing them. With that in mind, most of Medea's powers are horribly lacking in scans, and 80% of her stuff is just outright missing. So, uh... let's fix that, shall we! Here's what her ability list should look like, with included justifications:
  • Resistance Negation + Resistance to Power Nullification: The spells that Medea possesses are capable of one-shotting and functioning on Servants with A-Rank magic resistance, such as Archer while wielding Kanshou and Bakuya, paralyzing Archer past his D-Rank resistance (which does have a cancelling effect rather than just a lessening one), and freezing Saber in a similar spell later on.
  • Energy Manipulation, Energy Projection, Light Manipulation, and Danmaku: Okay, seriously, how does Medea not have these already? Her main method of attacking is Rain of Light, which is all of those things. Additionally, in Fate/Unlimited Codes, she's shown the ability to use other types of energy attacks, such as a big orb that chases foes and smaller energy bullets.
  • Limited Conceptual Manipulation: Medea's Argos shield is stated to utilize a "Concept of Shield". She can also bypass conceptual barriers to use her magic in places such as inside Blood Fort Andromeda.
  • Disease Manipulation: The Aero spell allows Medea to manipulate plague winds.
  • Density Manipulation: Changed the density of air around Saber to trap her in a membrane of air.
  • Water Manipulation: She can form her dragon tooth soldiers out of Water, as shown in the UBW Anime (Using abridged footage for the sake of actually being able to link to footage).
  • Darkness Manipulation/Camouflage: Medea can coat herself in magical energy, turning into a shadow that can hide her presence. She tried to use this to escape from Gilgamesh, albeit to no avail.
  • limited Duplication: She can create duplicates of people, such as creating a false copy of Rider in the UBW anime, or creating shadowy duplicates of herself. However, duplicates of others don't appear to have the same abilities; The fake Rider only used her chains against Saber and was easily killed.
  • Thread Manipulation and Body Puppetry: Medea can create threads of mana that force the affected to move according to how she wishes, preventing them from even screaming. The threads are shown in the UBW anime, as well as binding Saber's wrists in the light novel.
  • Power Nullification/Absorption: Medea's cloak is able to nullify and absorb magic energy, doing so against Rin's Jewel Magic.
  • limited Higher-Dimensional Manipulation and Dimensional Travel: Medea's teleportation is stated to work by pulling the target out of the third dimension and through multiple other dimensions, before dropping them back down in their original dimension in a different location.
  • Illusion Creation and Sense Manipulation: Medea can cast powerful illusions and trap people inside their own mind with them. She can also manipulate their senses; Atrum Galliasta didn't realize he was burning to a crisp even as his body was actively on fire. There are other feats for this in the VN, such as making Shirou blind, but I don't havethe scans for them.
  • Summoning: Once again on her page, but it needs better justifications. She can summon her Dragon Tooth Warriors, which should get Inorganic Physiology, Elemental Intangibility (Exclusive to the water ones), Immortality (Type 7, exclusive to the bone ones), Large Size (Type 0, exclusive to the large dragon one from Episode 5 of UBW) and Weapon Mastery, as well as summon giant pancakes like Medea Lily can.
  • Paralysis Inducement: Shown in both the Visual Novel and Unlimited Codes. She can easily create magic circles that can restrain Saber despite her magic resistance, as well as bind people like Gilgamesh and other servants with Magic Resistance in Unlimited Codes.
  • Curse Manipulation: She can surround people with a curse that stops them from being able to move around in Fate/Unlimited Codes.
  • Preparation: On her page, but unjustified. All casters rely on preparation due to their Item Construction and Territory Skills, and Medea in particular can create a "Temple", which is superior to a Workshop. I'll also split her abilities into things performable with and without prep. Those things include:
    • Immortality and Supernatural Luck: As listed on her page, the things Medea can create include Good Luck Charms and a variety of Potions, including ones that grant Immortality.
    • Mind Manipulation: In a bad ending, she destroyed Shirou's mind.
    • Transmutation: Medea can turn people into inanimate objects, such as when she turned Shirou into a wand in a bad ending.
    • Forcefield Creation, Duplication of locations and Spatial Manipulation: Medea can create bounded fields which are separate spaces from the normal world, and damage that occurs inside them doesn't matter to the real world, as shown in the UBW anime.
    • Soul Manipulation: Medea can create bounded fields that stop spirits from entering save for through a single place, such as when she formed a barrier in Ryuudou Temple that stopped servants from being able to enter anywhere through the front gates. She can also absorb souls given prep, as is already listed on her page.
    • Statistics Reduction: The bounded fields Medea creates weaken servants and their Noble Phantasms, as confirmed in Dengeki Hime - Type Moon Double Maniax. It was even able to interfere with Archer's innate sniping abilities, which is why he was forced to fight Assassin in a battle of swordsmanship.
    • Power Nullification: In the same quote as listed above, Medea's defensive barrier is also an Anti-Sorcery one, nullifying magic as a whole.
    • Weather Manipulation: Shown in the same scan as Water Manipulation. The bounded field she created had a rainstorm going on inside it despite it being a sunny day in the real world.
    • Enhanced Summoning: Caster would have been able to summon the Colchis dragon with a proper ritual, but doesn't have the means to control it, according to her conversation with Atrum Galliasta. She also was able to summon Assassin by messing with the Grail and getting access to false Command Seals.
    • Fragrance Manipulation, Empathic Manipulation, Biological Manipulation, Poison Manipulation, Sleep Manipulation, Soul Manipulation: She developed a Witch's Incense, a gaseous poison that could kill people or otherwise leave them comatose, something which was attributed to Gas Leaks by non-mages, and was the way she stole people's souls in the UBW route. Archer described it as something that "Destroys love and leaves men impotent"

Sandbox for her new page is here:
So, that's the biggest part of all this done. As for Archer, his Caladbolg II gains a massive upgrade, as it can twist higher-dimensional space and bypass Conceptual barriers. Also, he should get limited Spatial Manipulation on his regular arrows, as he was able to shatter Caster's Bounded Field with them, breaking into the parallel world (Scan is the same one as Medea's water manip, just watch a little further into the video).

Op makes sense yeah, and like Crimson said, the Caladbolg stuff would apply to whoever else has it since it's a weapon thing and not an Archer thing in specific.

But I agree with the stuff here

Nice. Also to add to her mind manipulation, IIRC in FGO she was able to perform a "consciousness only Rayshift" to Guda and Mash in her interlude (i forgot) and placed them into some sort of pocket dimension or something. I think I have scans for that.

I agree with all but Resistance Negation. Archer still ended up breaking out of the spell and resisted it somewhat with his Magic Resistance. Plus isn't that exact scene the justification to give servants resistance to time manipulation anyway?

I agree with all but Resistance Negation. Archer still ended up breaking out of the spell and resisted it somewhat with his Magic Resistance. Plus isn't that exact scene the justification to give servants resistance to time manipulation anyway?
Archer breaks out by equipping Kanshou and Bakuya, which gives him A-Rank magic res. Servants have resistance to time manip from Crack Ice, which is different from Atlas.
Nice. Also to add to her mind manipulation, IIRC in FGO she was able to perform a "consciousness only Rayshift" to Guda and Mash in her interlude (i forgot) and placed them into some sort of pocket dimension or something. I think I have scans for that.
Crimsonstarfallen is handling FGO stuff, this is just what I found from the fate/stay night timeline.
The link for the darkness camo doesn't work btw, it doesn't show me anything.
It links to the type-moon wiki. image is here:

Archer breaks out by equipping Kanshou and Bakuya, which gives him A-Rank magic res. Servants have resistance to time manip from Crack Ice, which is different from Atlas.
So I fail to see how this is Resistance Negation still. This spell seems to be just too much for Archer's MR to handle, and then he gets effectively A Rank MR right? Also the Saber one seems Medea gets around it by applying a spell to the environment rather than Saber herself?

So I fail to see how this is Resistance Negation still. This spell seems to be just too much for Archer's MR to handle, and then he gets effectively A Rank MR right? Also the Saber one seems Medea gets around it by applying a spell to the environment rather than Saber herself?
That's exactly why it'd be resistance neg though. It bypasses both the resistances and power null of his MR, and then his MR becomes higher than what that spell can handle. There's layers to the power null and resistances from MR that goes up based on rank, which then conversely applies to different levels of spells (aria counts, high thaumaturgy and such). The Saber thing also wouldn't matter whether it was directly on her or to the environment, since it's still affecting her, her resistance would take effect either way if it could

I know that she's missing tons of stuff, but not this much....I know of thread and body puppetry though...

Yeah I agree with everything here when I check the scans.

And pretty sure the proof on supernatural luck is on Carnival Phantasm where Medea give Kuzuki a charm in episode 7.

That's exactly why it'd be resistance neg though. It bypasses both the resistances and power null of his MR, and then his MR becomes higher than what that spell can handle. There's layers to the power null and resistances from MR that goes up based on rank, which then conversely applies to different levels of spells (aria counts, high thaumaturgy and such). The Saber thing also wouldn't matter whether it was directly on her or to the environment, since it's still affecting her, her resistance would take effect either way if it could
Except, MR D specifically mentions it can only handle up to certain spells. This is just a more powerful Time Manipulation in this case isn't it?

I know that she's missing tons of stuff, but not this much....I know of thread and body puppetry though...

Yeah I agree with everything here when I check the scans.

And pretty sure the proof on supernatural luck is on Carnival Phantasm where Medea give Kuzuki a charm in episode 7.
Can Carnival Phantasm be used? If so Kojiro needs an upgrade that he can move the gate and therefore move around. XD

Except, MR D specifically mentions it can only handle up to certain spells. This is just a more powerful Time Manipulation in this case isn't it?
IEach higher rank of spells, as stated, bypasses the resistances and nullification from all lower ranks of MR. Even without the Archer example, being able to use her space manip stuff on Saber for instance, despite her A rank shows this, or using Rain of Light on people with higher MR, when Apoc showed us that MR is straight up able to make you resist a literal blast of magic energy, etc.

I agree with the stuff except for the bypass MR of arturia.

Arturia litteraly not get affected by this, she cancel the spell one sec after having laugh to medea. And even in other instance arturia cancel medea magic.

Contrary to Medea having bypass MR rang A it mean that real MR rang A could resist her magic so should be add in the servant physiology page in MR section

Last edited:
Agreed overall.

Medea Lily has an animation where she summons a pool of poison, so that would be Poison Manipulation without prep. Medea Lily even has Poison Resistance as a skill to boot justified by her skills in healing, so both versions get it.

The escape attempt against Gilgamesh is more akin to invisibility since she used illusion to fake her death and project an image of an empty tattered cloak, but was actually invisible and unharmed:
The sword into her falling body, an arrow into the arm falling to the ground, and the axe into her pained head. Each becomes a deadly guillotine.

Survival is impossible.

Caster is completely cut apart and dismantled, and she now looks like a mountain of red meat.

…Wind blows.
The black robe who lost its master floats away.
Floating away.
The shredded robe still barely keeps its form.
…Now, it is all that remains of what used to be Caster.

"
27-line5.png
"
I can't say anything.
My strained mind just watches the black robe floating miserably in the wind.

In that instant.
"
2-line2.png
How insolent. I told you to get out of my sight. It should only be polite to kill yourself quickly!"
The golden man roars in a voice full of contempt.

"Wha
2-line2.png
"
It's not an illusion.
The black robe twists like a wave, grows black wings, and tries to fly away.

But it's too late.
I don't know what the man did.
It's just that a crack ran through the night sky.
The dislocation in the sky swallows the black robe.
It reminds me of someone getting run over by a steamroller.

"Ah
2-line2.png
Ah…!"
The black robe falls.
Underneath it is Caster, unscathed.

Use of the thread in the Heaven's Feel manga:
p2fvYxp.jpg
7UVur8P.jpg

Medea Lily also summoned a normal demon and a Demon God Pillar in her second interlude.
The Heaven's Feel manga has her summon an even larger golem than the one in the anime, which should qualify as Large Size (Type 1):
wGjmWqq.jpg

In the visual novel, Medea had Dragon Tooth Warriors burst from the ground to grab Saber, so that would be Underground Mobility for them:
Saber suddenly stops.
It's not that Caster did something.
Saber felt 'something' from Caster and stopped herself.

"You
2-line2.png
"

Saber instantly tries to dodge it.
But.
Caster must have hidden something in the ground as hands of bone burst out of the ground and grasp Saber's feet
2-line2.png
!

"
2-line2.png
Hm. I was not expecting you to have instinctive foresight, but this is it, Saber!"
A blade emerges from Caster's black robe.

[...]

Saber must be surprised, getting her feet grabbed from the ground.

[...]

My body moves.
Saber jumps back as if to shake off the hands coming from the ground, and I'm carried with her.

Instead of Duplication of locations and Spatial Manipulation, I think Pocket Reality Manipulation fits better.

In the Prisma Codes event, Medea Lily said that she can do divine punishment magic, such as pig transformation and tiny world confinement. That would be an additional justification for Transmutation, and would add Sealing and Size Manipulation. Circe would be the one who would teach her this sort of stuff, so she gets Sealing and Size Manipulation as well.

I would also add Telekinesis as shown in the Heaven's Feel manga:
qdmD0kB.jpg

A justification for clarivoyance would be her use of remote-viewing spells (which are common even among modern Magi):
e1QkNcp.jpg

In the Okeanos Singularity Jason mentioned that Medea Lily can use a familiar for scouting:
Jason
The arrows have stopped.
Medea, check things out with your familiar.
So that would be Animal Manipulation and an additional justification for Clarivoyance.

Agree with shadows extra proposals.

Another feat of Medea on pocket reality is in her interlude. Where she create a diorama. Life Manip as well, because the dolls gain sentience.
Medea:

sigh Don’t make me explain it again. See this 50 cm earth diorama I brought here?
It’s a miniature garden that I made. Simply put, it’s a variant of a magical Reality Marble.
Got no idea what this is. Mind Manip?
Medea:

Oh, you still don’t know? I had dolls made for visitors, and I’ve shifted your consciousness into them. Think of them as rei-shift mind-only editions.
And this one.
Medea:

By the way, if you die here you’ll return to your original bodies, but your injuries will be carried over, more or less. Be careful.
If you take enough damage to die, you might just die for real when you wake up.

I think the interlude feat is already referenced in her profile though it could use more elaboration: Pocket Reality Manipulation (Given a lot of time and resources, Caster is capable constructing a "world" that is similar to a Reality Marble)

I'd say Astral Projection. Plan to give it to Ritsuka in a future CRT; it is explained in the Shimosa Singularity that Ritsuka has the ability to project his mind while asleep into other worlds and create a temporary physical body for his disembodied mind, which gives context to some of the interludes where Ritsuka wakes up in a dream world.
Musashi:
Didn't you say Fujimaru's body was still in a coma in Chaldea, and showing no signs of waking...or something?
Also that you don't know if his mind has gone off to a Singularity, or if all of Shimousa is just part of a dream he is having, right?
Also also that it's clear dreams are invovled in some way, but it's not clear how.
So I guess you pretty much told us all you knew when you were delirious yesterday, huh?

[...]

Holmes:
Pardon. My apologies for the intrusion.
I'm quite impressed that you've managed to restore both Fuuma Kotarou's magical energy and your own magical circuits, Master.
I had deduced that the trouble with our communications most likely lay with you.
To begin, your mind was able to attain something similar to a physical body after being transported in a manner not unlike a Rayshift.
However, that body is very much a temporary construct. Your real one is still asleep here in Chaldea
Therefore, as long as your new body was able to adjust to that world, there shouldn't have been any issue...but had it not, it is entirely possible that your magical circuits wouldn't function properly.
After all, the comms device you always use is as much a kind of Mystic Code as it is a machine.
Which means, if the magical circuits within your body were unable to acquire energy, your comms devicce would fail to function as well.

A similar coma where Ritsuka's mind/soul is transported to a prison world (that Servants from Chaldea can access) happened in Edmond Dante's event "Cries of The Vengeful Demon in the Prison Tower", though it was the result of a curse by Solomon.

Other example I can think related to Ritsuka is the mission of MHX Alter in which he become r2-d2. Though the things of Ritsuka should be for another CRT, although this part could help as supporting evidence for the diorama I guess.

Medea should have sleep inducement even whitout her temple.

She was able to induce sleep to jason in fgo

Back