• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Falcon and The Winter Soldier MCU Spoiler Discussion Thread

Noted.

Also, Wyatt Russell's favorite John Walker meme is the Up one. I literally said that after watching the very first episode. I was like "bro looks like the dude from Up." He talked about a meme where they put the Captain America helmet over the face of Carl Fredrickson from the film and he was like "that's literally me in 60 years wearing the mask".

I've seen too many interviews about this show lol

Agreed. Given his military track record, base Walker should be comparable with Falcon and base Killmonger in terms of raw stats
Speaking of Killmonger, how did he beat T'Challa in the Black Panther movie? Sorry for the derail, but T'Challa is far more skilled. Even though he didn't have the strength of the Black Panther in that fight, he would still have superior combat skill, being able to contend with Bucky and Cap. If hypothetically Cap or Bucky were 9-B, wouldn't they logically outskill Killmonger? T'Challa was able to hang with them in terms of combat prowess, and they're far above just basic military training.

Oh my- URRG
WHY DIDN'T SAM SHOW US WHAT WAS IN THE CASE!!!!!!! Also, I thought Zemo'd be running around longer, I guess not. Super good episode, They were slightly more up front about politics but the other aspects of this episode FAR outweighed it. It's funny because The shield John is making will be destroyed if he tries to use it at all lol.

Bucky was still trained for a long time in combat after taking the Serum though even if he wasn't already strong af before that. Plus Captain America didn't seem significantly weaker than Bucky with similar levels of training, in fact Bucky's non-metal arm is kinda depicted as weaker than Steve.

Maybe it's a combination of bloodlust vs holding back and a superior version of the serum

also some will complain about the politics for sure but don't forget that Isaiah is supposed to be from like a century ago in a time while slavery is gone racism still undeniable exists on a big level, plus the whole point they're foreshadowing is kinda for Sam to prove Isaiah wrong

Holy shit I love this show.

This was a very thematic and powerful episode without a doubt. Crap ton of emphasis on the blood stains of the shield and even afterwards, Isaiah's words staining it even further. There's also been a shit ton of character advancement this episode, mainly for John. We finally see his full derailment into insanity and extremism that we see in his comics self and his absolute obsession with being "Captain America."

Sam n' Bucky are finally starting to open up to each other and I'm particularly interested in seeing Bucky finally confessing to that old guy who lost his son that we saw in Episdoe 1 (I think). And at this point with what happened with Walker, Zemo is most likely right about Karli. Speaking of Zemo, it's a bit unfortunate to see him go, but I do think he will make another appearance later down the line, even if it isn't in this show.

As for the ending, I think a vibranium set of wings is in that box considering that we see concept art of Sam with the shield and wings and the fact that Bucky said that it was a gift from the Wakandans. Walker taking matters into his own hands is also pretty neat as we see him building his own corrupted shield. Thought they did show the normal "red, white, and blue" color scheme on the shield, so I'll be interested to see whether or not Walker eventually gives the shield it's iconic black and red color scheme that we see in more modern comics.

I'm a little annoyed at the MCU wiki though. They still have Steve's status listed as unknown, despite the fact that the show makes it evidently clear he's dead multiple times. I mean hell, they had him listed as alive of all things for the first 4 episodes and would undo any edits to change it.

Why do we have Cap's chronological age listed as 173 if Bucky's chronological age is only 106?
Did you forget Endgame. Cap went back to the 50s and lived 70 more years before coming back as an old man to modern day from that alternate timeline to hand over the shield but it's still the same Steve chronologically.

Back