• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Falcon and The Winter Soldier MCU Spoiler Discussion Thread

I liked that episode better. Gives us a better feel for the dynamic between Bucky and Sam right now. We're also now starting to see the frustrated side of US Agent and we're also beginning to see what kind of organization the flag smashers really are. The leader kinda caught my attention because her personality and general demeanor differs from other leaders of other criminal organizations we see in the MCU.

Decent episode I guess, nothing too big so far but I have high hopes for the rest of the series

John Walker is probably 9-B, 8-C with shield. Isaiah could be 8-B since he snapped Bucky's arm back then. I was concerned about scaling problems but it seems fine as the Flag Smashers were kicking Falcon and Walker (without shield)'s asses.

Lol bucky also did a 200ft drop but that's not really anything too notable but I think id at least worth a mention

It's covering real topics in a very raw and unfiltered way. I think it's a good depiction of how this happens irl though ofc this is grounded in the MCU reality so there are obvious differences but I don't think what this show is doing is unwelcomed in the slightest.

1st episode was pretty enjoyable. However, looking at the second episode again and reading the above interview, i got a bad feeling on what route the series will head down
I mean MCU Captain America was always anti-government. The John Walker arc didn't hit me as being about racism but more so about government being bad. Sam had a weapon, he trusted the government to take care of it and the government used it for their own purposes. And even if it had a political message it certainly didn't feel as over the top and annoying as those in other recent movies.

Last edited:
Not that Falcon & Winter Soldier isn't good so far.... It frustrates me that we have not only this, but ALSO the Black Widow series to go through before the Loki Series starts.
June 11th, 2021 is still nearly 2 & a half months away....

I liked it, it's not really setting out to be something massively different but I don't think it has to be. I don't mind the character based story of it all with the high action mixed in-between like I said I don't think it's setting out to be really something entirely different even on the action side of things it's nothing atypical of a big budget action film but what it sets out to do I think it does well

It doesn't have me as hooked as WandaVision, but I still think it's a pretty solid show. I liked episode 3 a decent bit and I'm starting to like how things are unfolding with the whole Zemo teamup, the flagsmashers, Bucky's amends, Cap's shield, US Agent and Lemar, etc. I think the action and some of the landscaping shots were really amazing this episode. The action and all the Super Soldier lore is pretty good.

I know this is the FATWS discussion thread, but we don't exactly have a general phase 4 discussion thread either so I'll just share it here:

I'm starting to get really excited for Loki in all honesty. This has just peaked my interest.

Oof beat me to it by a good minute, I've been interested but with how phase 4 had been so far my interest is just being built up more and more and this trailer is just fuel on that fire. Loki actually having green magic blast is already a win

Same I've been pretty onboard for everything when they revealed the slate, no real reason not to be imo

ngl, Zemo was the highlight of Episode 3 for me. Also, I like the route the show is taking, discussing how politics are inevitable (pun intended) as a point of contention involving superheroes. When you have a character like Captain America that literally has a nation in the name, other people may not be a fan due to any political connotations that may carry. It's kind of a fact of life that if you're going to deal with superheroes in real world settings, political stuff will likely be weaved in. So far, it's not majorly in-your-face, just giving things to think about. As long as it's kind of laced in with the plot and not hitting me in the face with more force than Bucky's vibranium arm, I think we're good.

And as a black dude, Zemo was straight spittin' whenever he said a sentence with the words "African American" in it lol

Back