• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Falcon and The Winter Soldier MCU Spoiler Discussion Thread

This is because most fiction do not understand strength should go hand in hand with durability otherwise all these people using super-strength without matching durability would shatter their own bones, smash their flesh on their arms to mush and straight up snap their tendons.

Someone of Spider-man's caliber for example shouldn't be threatened by bullets wjen he has 10 ton to 100 tonnes feats (in comics). Bullets shouldn't be able to get past his muscles or bones even if they broke his skin (sort of like New 52 Aquaman).

So, finally saw episode 4 yesterday. Here are my thoughts on it.

Once again, Zemo was phenomenal. After being told that the Dora Milaje was after him, he once again uses the chaos surrounding him to his advantage and essentially disappears. If Zemo was an animal, he'd be a dog that wants to roam free but doesn't dig the fence, rather playing mind games with you to get you to remove the fence entirely. Also, let's just appreciate the fact that he was the one that got closest to taking down Karli, with just a gun. I freaking called it when I was watching it, because Zemo is that slick and subtle that it's just expected of him.

Also, the Dora Milaje were amazing! Seeing them in action, it was a scene that would have made T'Challa proud (Rest in Peace, Chadwick). I also found it funny how one of them kicked up the shield and the other one told her to leave it. She looked like "But ritual combat is how we do things in Wakanda, I won it fair and square!" And on an unrelated note, totally wasn't expecting one of them to take Bucky's arm clean off, but it makes total sense, tbh.

John Walker, his journey to the dark side is practically complete. As soon as I saw that vial of serum, I knew he was gonna take it. And dang, he mashed that dude's chest in... In broad daylight. In front of witnesses. With cameras. Cameras that can instantly livestream or upload the footage on social media platforms. I was not proud to be an American in that moment. My youngest brother and I even worked together to make a John Walker version of the national anthem after seeing him go sicko mode on one of the Flag Smashers (which, mind you, didn't have the mask on, so as far as everyone else is concerned, he just killed a random guy. Big oof).

Also, RIP Lamar Hoskins. Not gonna miss the corny alias, but he was essentially the Alfred to Walker's Batman. He was the moral compass, what kept him grounded before he acted a fool. Now, he's gone, further boosting Walker's time on the U.S. Agent% speedrun.

Also, how did Karli get all that info about Sam's family? Did she just do a background check on one of those websites or something? Or is everything about him that public? I doubt it's the latter, as he's an Avenger and information regarding relatives and such could be used for leverage by enemies.

Once again, I really like the back and forth dialogue about the ethics of superheroes and such. You can see the difference in how Sam and John think merely with the question about the Super Soldier Serum, for instance. Zemo believes super soldiers, in essence function like supremacists, that they try to be gods and thus should be eradicated. Sam points out the hypocrisy in this by stating that "gods talk like that" and bringing up the fact that Zemo had to use a super soldier in his attempt to get rid of the Avengers.

So yeah, super solid. Can't wait to see where it goes next given that we're so close to the finale, even though it feels like the story's just beginning. If there was one thing I'd change about the show, it'd probably have to be the pacing. It's six episodes, iirc, and in episode 4, we're getting arguably the most action we've seen in the entire series.

Last edited:
The part where US agent decapitates the dude wan unexpected and kinda shocking, like I knew he was gonna do some messed up shit but I didn't expect him to behead someone, that is some homelander level shit.

There's also something very eery to seeing the shield in blood.

The part where US agent decapitates the dude wan unexpected and kinda shocking, like I knew he was gonna do some messed up shit but I didn't expect him to behead someone, that is some homelander level shit.

Agreed. It was so messed up that my younger brother and I made a national anthem parody about how messed up it was.

Also, from this day forward, I'm going to say anyone I think has gone crazy has "gone full John Walker".

ngl, John Walker when he's actually mentally stable and doing press stuff kind of would be how I'd be if I was Captain America.

Instead of getting angry, I'd pull up my phone and watch some Sherlock videos for a bit, since that actually makes me smarter. I've tested it, on numerous occasions: More Sherlock = More big brain.

I'm also glad to be proven wrong on powerscaling issues, they actually did respect the power level consistency a lot with John Walker only keeping up with Flag Smashers with shield pre-serum, Battlestar getting one-shot and the Wakanda people beating Bucky by disabling his arm instead of actually overpowering him. Falcon relies on his wings to keep up a lot too and they kinda do establish he's weaker significantly.

I partially like "oh my God..." and partially like "ah hell yeah MCU's getting dark again!" lol

I saw someone point out that with the scene with Bucky's arm that they thought it kind of undermined part of why Bucky was in Wakanda in the first place: to get the HYDRA programming out of his system. To essentially have a code to literally disarm him kind of seems like the level of trust they had in that process wasn't 100%, even though they had a member of the Dora Milaje work with him to be immune to that.

Thoughts, anyone?

Yeah, I saw that twitter post the other day. Its not surprising at all, and the Wakandans have every damn right to put such measures in to begin with. Wakandans are insanely protective of their vibranium and always have been. It makes sense for those measures to exist. To be completely honest, I don't think that attribute is something specific to Bucky. All Wakandan technology likely has a way of disabling Vibranium regardless.

Yeah, I saw that twitter post the other day. Its not surprising at all, and the Wakandans have every damn right to put such measures in to begin with. Wakandans are insanely protective of their vibranium and always have been. It makes sense for those measures to exist. To be completely honest, I don't think that attribute is something specific to Bucky. All Wakandan technology likely has a way of disabling Vibranium regardless.
That's along the lines of what I was thinking. It's kind of apparent that Wakandans don't take too kindly to outsiders, others using Vibranium, and the like. Though, people started disagreeing with that take and calling Bucky a colonizer and stuff like that, which is really not true. Sorry if I'm delving too much into the political realm with this, but that's not colonizing. He wasn't there to claim Wakanda for 'Murica. No, he was there to get help and to detox from the HYDRA stuff he had in his "cyborg head".

We don't want to hurt you, but we do want to take the shield from you by beating the snot out of you. Also I keep seeing so many people going off about how the show is pushing the leftist agenda but I haven't really picked up on that, what has been present I actually enjoyed because it wasn't shoved in your face aggressively and was just subtle.

I really do not give a damn what political narratives get pushed into what show. If I don't like them, I'll stop watching, and I have no need to announce it either.

Yeah, even though there are some things I disagree with present in the show, I'm still cool watching it and gaining a new perspective as long as that perspective isn't trying to hammer its way into my skull. Same thing with views/perspectives I agree with.

Back