• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Falcon and The Winter Soldier MCU Spoiler Discussion Thread

So, I saw episode 5 yesterday. Here are my thoughts:

First off, that fight scene with Walker was EPIC. It really shows how strong he is, that it took both Falcon and Winter Soldier together to break his arm and ultimately take him down, but he still managed to take a wing and get some solid hits in before they did so. That was dope to see. I don't know if that shows how strong Walker is, how much Steve restrained himself, or both.

But once Walker's profile is updated, I'm definitely doing Steve VS John.

The dynamic between Sam and Bucky was also solid, and I loved that now they're being more like friends to each other after all of that.

Batroc returning was solid. I had a feeling when they showed him in episode 1 that it wouldn't be the last we saw of him, and joining the Flag Smashers to kill the Falcon! That is epic. I think Zemo might be right, though. She does seem like she's too far gone and too radicalized.

Speaking of Zemo, Daniel Brühl continued to do a solid delivery for him right up to the end. I loved how he went "ladies" when he saw the Dora Milaje. The one plot hole with that scene, though, is why didn't he mystify them with his dance moves and get away?

Also, I'm 99% sure that Sharon Carter is the Power Broker. That call was way too ominous.

I also appreciated the nod to Joaquin Torres becoming Falcon when he said "keep 'em" about the wings. I don't know too much about the character in the comics, but that was a nice little Easter egg.

Remember how I said that I don't mind politics in shows as long as they don't punch me in the face? I felt some slapping with the Isaiah Bradley scene personally, but that's just me, though I think I was kind of meant to be like that on purpose and to be motivation for Falcon to prove him wrong. Although, that kind of shows how good of a character Steve is. He didn't see race when he gave the shield to Sam, he saw a good man, someone that would fight for what's right. The fact that he's black never affected that decision for Steve.

Also, was I the only one that thought the chick that talked to John Walker after the trial looked like the lady Bucky got arrested in episode 1? I could be wrong.

Speaking of John again, he really seems like a much more tragic character than he was in the comics. Him saying "time to go to work" like Lamar would actually hit different. I felt that. He was a solid friend and he lost that. On top of that, he made a massive mistake killing that dude in public. That type of failure reflects badly on the name of Captain America. He was surrounded by expectations associated with being Captain America, but failed to meet them and that kind of broke him. I felt sorry for him every time he said "I am Captain America." It's like he feels the need to prove everyone wrong, to prove that he is Captain America after his shortcomings established that he's clearly no Steve Rogers.

Also, who else felt robbed after not getting to see Falcon's new suit? And who tripped out at the post-credits scene?

Well, those are my thoughts on the episode!

Zemo was playing careful and was fearful of the Dora Milaje's potential to possibly break out with their own dance moves, initiating a dance off that could potentially worsen his Wakandan sentence.

Zemo was playing careful and was fearful of the Dora Milaje's potential to possibly break out with their own dance moves, initiating a dance off that could potentially worsen his Wakandan sentence.
Fair. Or he could be saving them for a potential trial, in which case his moves will allow him to get off scot-free.

Its only a matter of time until a Thunderbolts movie or series gets announced.

Who would you like on the team?

My team has:
  • Ross - obviously just cause of his name
  • Abomination - !!!!!!
  • Zemo
  • Walker as USAgent
  • Bucky
  • Luke Cage (I know I'm dreaming)
  • Taskmaster

Now that I think about it, the gals are nowhere to be seen!

- Anyone remember when Mockingbird was introduced in AOS?

- I don't know when Moonstone will appear in MCU, maybe Captain Marvel 2 or 3.

• Black Widow - Yelena is in the solo
  • Ghost - Was already in Antman & the Wasp

• Mr. Hyde
  • Elektra
  • Punisher
Might be a way for Netflix and AOS guys back into MCU proper.
  • Venom - Sony/MCU synergy is better than ever right now.
  • Ghost Rider - the series got canned anyway, might as well do something with him.

All these guys are already in the MCU!!!!!

Every day I think about how good the remainder of this year and next year is gonna be for MCU fans. Shang-Chi looks great, Loki looks great, we got the hawkeye show, Cap Marvel 2 with Monica, Multiverse of Madness (Which I think will be the best team up film since IW), Spidey No Way Home, Eternals, Ms. Marvel, I could go ON AND ON.

But yeah, point is we're eating. We had a drought between Spidey 2 and Wandavision, but now we got a hurricane coming.

Not too hype for the Hawkeye series or Ms. Marvel in particular, Multiverse of Madness seems hype, Spider-Man: No Way Home seems like it will be spectacular (no pun intended), and I really don't know enough about Shang-Chi or the Eternals to care. The most I know about Shang-Chi is that Spider-Man fought him and beat him effortlessly after creating a fighting style called "The Way of the Spider" (which never really appeared in comics after that, probably because they figured he'd be even more OP than he already is with that).

Random question: Shouldn't Serum Walker's stamina be comparable to the original Captain America's stamina? I know the fight was short, but that was because they knocked him the hecc out right after they broke his arm. And Walker was going to keep fighting in spite of the fact that his arm was broken.

IIRC the Hulk was created in the MCU via an attempt to recreate the serum (infused with gamma radiation) so the continued focus on the serum might lead to some interesting development later on in the MCU.

Inb4 the Eternals are essentially a race of advanced super soliders.

pretty sure you still gotta stick it in your veins, but the only advantage to the serum is that it's not noticeable in a normal person it doesn't make them beefy.

If you look frame by frame to one of the scenes with Karli, you'll notice Bucky jumps toward her and Karli jumps afterwards, but she manages to get farther and intercept him in mid-air, which kind of implies the new serum is better than the old one.

Bucky's serum was the Russian/German one administered over a long period of time.

He has like the shittiest serum of all so being better than him doesn't make one better than Steve.

His metal arm was always the great equalizer in his fights with Steve.

There's also the fact that Winter Soldier >>> regular Bucky in terms of portrayal probably because of his state of mind.

Last edited:
Back