• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail X784 Feat Scaling

I'm also neutral on this. We should wait and see to what some of the other early series calcuations come to.

Like I said before, we should use this thread to gather other calcs and then see which one is more consistent.

I agree with Calaca that the remaining feats for X784 should get calced tbh. At the same time though, I feel like none of them will even scrape 7-C which means any consistency among them will cause issues with the Tenrou Arc feats against 7-Bs so I kinda feel that its pointless.

Pretty sure we all know my stance on which feat to scale to with the current calcs available but lets just get everything calced first and then discuss scaling.

Zackra1799 said:
Theres Erza tanking Jupiter which split a portion of Lake Scilliora, Lucy's first use of Aquarius, and what about Gray's ice javlin against Ultear
You mean Ice-Make Gungnir?

I won't be able to calc any of these things for a bit, so could someone else take a look at these feats and calc them?

Didn't read into too much detail, but from the feats that were mentioned I'm afraid none will wield impressive results. No other feats really come to mind either tbh.

As for x791 scaling, wasn't there an MPF event in the GMG which reads the magic power of your attack? Could it be potentially used for backscaling purposes perhaps? I'm unsure myself, given that it might be inconsistent, but Jura got 8544 points, while Milliiana got 365 points.

If we backscale from Jura (who scales to Jellal's Sema), then Milliana will probably result in the Small City level range. And some pre-skip characters might actually scale to her.

Once again though, I'm iffy on the MPF idea

@Torch

Lucy's and Erza's might be decent for at least BoS scaling given we don't have anything before Tenrou arc which starts at chapter 200

Yeah, I said it's iffy. Just wanted to hear the opinion of the rest. I'm against it myself to be honest - too unreliable

BoS must be less than fodder according to the MPF considering Milliana scales above them. Aquarius tsunami in the first chapter should theoretically be a good bench mark since spirits are limited by the power of their summoner and Loki is apparently the strongest of the Zodiac.

That said, if we aren't gonna calc the feats we found, Imma put forth my Low 7-B idea again. Will probably get around to making the X791 thread tomorrow once I have a com available.

@Anonymous

Can you give your reasons for why you think the X784 characters should be Low 7-B, because I still think they should just be 7-C for now, unless I hear your argument again

No problemo. Essentially, the X784 have multiple feats in multiple arcs of harming and taking attacks from 7-B characters

• Team Natsu are able to take hits from Hades, cut through his magic and force him to increase his magic power to defend once they use a Unison Raid (Ch 243)
  • Laxus is shown to be on the level of but slightly below Hades (Ch 245).
  • For consistency, Natsu takes hits from a bloodlusted Laxus (Ch 123) with Natsu and Gajeel (Natsu's equal) being able to harm Laxus (Ch 124)
  • Zancrow (weaker than Natsu) was able to harm Makarov (on the level of Hades but weaker) when the fight got too close to him (Ch 219)
  • Amaterasu 100 was still High 7-C (admittedly on the low end of it) with only the remains of the spell's power after Makarov tanked most of it with his defense seal.
  • Makarov is definitely on Hades' level as he easily blocked Ama 28 (Ch 216) whereas a similar attack harmed Laxus enough to make him lose his advantage in the fight.
Some more scaling for the X784 crew but it reaches into X791.

• Jura is stated to be on Gildarts' level by Makarov (Ch 285). Note that this would only account for X784 Gildarts as he left almost immediately after they got back.
  • Laxus is shown to be equal to Jura (Ch 321)
  • Jura and Jellal can fight on par, so much so, Jellal feels it necessary to use Sema (Ch 274)
  • Jellal's normal attacks scale to Sema's 43.9 megatons Sema in his Oracion Seis fight (Ch 369)
I feel we can agree that Laxus, Gildarts and Hades are definitely 7-B now, the guys on Natsu's level consistently harm them, and that the Bellow recalc is consistent with these guys basically doing chip damage to the 7-Bs, yes? That just leaves the issue of Low 7-B being an outlier as the figure is too close to the number we are currently scaling X791 base forms to Gray's Eternal Flame (4.3 megatons). My answer is that X791 base forms should just scale to Silver's Sun Village feat (25.8 megatons). The 25 megatons is what we scale the Etherious forms to at the moment but issue here is

• Base Natsu beats up base Jackal and even clashes with his Etherious form (Ch 362)
  • Base Natsu is able to fight Franmalth amped by Hades' soul and later LFDM (Ch 375). This also has the bonus of Hades tanking 7-B attacks
  • Natsu eventually wins by just beating him into submission in base (Ch 379)
  • Gray amping himself with Ice-Make is able to immediately kill Silver and was only losing due to previously hitting him with ice that was resisted (Ch 392)
  • Etherious Form amps are roughly equal to Dual Element modes shown in the Tempester and Torafuzar fight (Ch 395). In case anyone says they were bullying the two, they would have done it base to base as seen with Jackal so amp to amp changes nothing and isn't an insurmountable amp.

With all that reasoning, I can actually agree with Low 7-B characters in X784

Most of the Tenrou arc made no sense. Are you to tell me that Team Natsu/Laxus > Makarov?

I mean the old man couldnt do anything to Hades, but everyone else coudl? that smells like a good outlier there. Makarov tanking Amaterasu 100 makes more sense then Laxus also tanking it when Makarov >> Laxus

Its like I didn't explain that Makarov was stronger than them.

Cuz he actually took Makarov seriously. Hades was playing with Team Natsu and Laxus was a wild card far stronger than anything he expected that showed up out of nowhere that he still dealt with in seconds. Laxus never tanked Ama 100 at all, I posted both of the chapters where Hades hits the Dreyar's with Ama formulas and they are visually not the same and Laxus' one is not even named. Makarov is stronger than Laxus, go read the scans I linked.

So since you admitted that they Hades is stronger then them then that means you can agree that since Hades is toying with them then his attack are pretty much around the amount of durability they can take instead if just outright killing them.

Team Natsu are able to take hits from Hades, cut through his magic and force him to increase his magic power to defend once they use a Unison Raid (Ch 243)

Hades was playing with them (you said that) so that means he was using attacks that were comparable to them or slighty above to do damage so this shouldnt count

Laxus is shown to be on the level of but slightly below Hades (Ch 245).

Hades > Makarov >> Laxus so again Hades was using attacks that were comparable or slightly above to hurt Laxus

For consistency, Natsu takes hits from a bloodlusted Laxus (Ch 123) with Natsu and Gajeel (Natsu's equal) being able to harm Laxus (Ch 124)

Laxus >> Base Natsu the ENTIRE fight (except ending but that was due to PoF) and not only that but Laxus put a few hits on him and he was already about to go down (Natsu even punch him and Laxus tanked it. Even with Gajeel, Laxus got back up and looked fine

Zancrow (weaker than Natsu) was able to harm Makarov (on the level of Hades but weaker) when the fight got too close to him (Ch 219)

No....Zancrow was NEVER weaker then Natsu and you already know my argument about this since ive said it plenty of times.

I disagree with them scaling to 7B for these reasons and we should wait for a staff member to see this

Putting words in my mouth I see. They forced him to amp his defense. How can they not scale to being able to harm him? When Hades gets serious and uses Katsu on Wendy, he doesn't expect it to oneshot her and even admits it.

Prove his formulas and chain magic are weaker against them. Him being casual about it is because he knows he is stronger than them not that he is using less magic in his attacks when he was the same against Makaraov.

Care to actually prove Laxus >> Makarov? By all means, give your unsuported opinion.

Except no. Base Nastsu = base Gajeel. Gajeel takes multiple hits from a bloodlusted Laxus, Natsu takes multiple hits from a bloodlusted Laxus, Natsu and Gajeel can harm Laxus, they can harm each other. It is consistent and the only thing you have to go against it is your opinion with no scans to prove it.

Damn right we ain't getting into it again. People have brains that can hopefully decide for themselves.

Never put words in your mouth....why did u even think that?

Prove his formulas and chain magic are weaker against them. Him being casual about it is because he knows he is stronger than them not that he is using less magic in his attacks when he was the same against Makaraov.

This is going to be fun....Hades/Makarov > Laxus so that also means that Hades could had just one shotted Laxus if he felt like it and omg....you even admitted that Hades was playing around so you really going to say now that Hades didnt even try to that much power in his attacks against them if hes just toying around???

Care to actually prove Laxus >> Makarov? By all means, give your unsuported opinion.

Omg....did u really....ok this is just desperate now i cant even fathom why u even decided to give out that reasoning....this is just too much for me. Makarov > Gildarts > Laxus

Except no. Base Nastsu = base Gajeel. Gajeel takes multiple hits from a bloodlusted Laxus, Natsu takes multiple hits from a bloodlusted Laxus, Natsu and Gajeel can harm Laxus, they can harm each other. It is consistent and the only thing you have to go against it is your opinion with no scans to prove it.

Except yes. Congrats they take mutiple hits (even though 1 hit from Laxus had Natsu cough up blood at the start of the fight) and no they cant harm Laxus lol. i dont need scans when you already have them since im disagreeing with it and ITS RIGHT THERE like bro did u not see the 1st page of Laxus tanking a punch???

I still agree with Anonymous, he's given enough evidence for me to believe that the Low 7-B isn't an Outlier, which is all he has to do, this feat is still weaker than every X791 Feat and is also weaker than every character who scales above the feat

Plus Anonymous gave some reasoning that's quite logical, I'm ok with scaling the X784 characters to Low 7-B, and Gray did actually match and tank hits from Silver, so I'm ok with the X791 characters to 7-B, because the Dual Element Modes did stomp the Etherious Forma

So I'm ok with this feat not being an Outlier unless I hear a good counter argument

What is this non sequitr? Laxus being weaker than them doesn't mean Hades can oneshot him.

you really going to say now that Hades didnt even try to that much power in his attacks against them if hes just toying around

I don't even know what you are attempting to say here. Going by what you typed, you are going against your stance which seems counterproductive.

Damn would you look at that, nothing to support your unsupported opinion. Prove Gildarts is weaker than Makarov. He exists in a total vacuum for scaling pre timeskip and his only comparison is to a post timeskip guy that might make a good match up for him. Makarov was shocked as hell that someone might even contend with Gildarts. Natsu has seen a bloodlusted Makarov and wasn't scared, Gildarts flexing has him pissing his pants. Hades who smacked Makarov was surprised that someone else on the island could stop Bluenote aside from himself. Would you look at that, he doesn't think Makarov could do it and Gildarts went ahead and did it despite getting crippled during the fight.

Good, you concede that since they can take multiple hits from Laxus and keep going then their dura will back scale from Laxus. I shouldn't have to explain why this is relevant. Laxus tanking a punch doesn't matter when Gajeel has tanked punches from Natsu before despite them being equal. Gray spends most of his time tanking punches from Natsu despite them being equal. Someone who I said they do chip damage to tanking a punch is nothing.

Enough with the omgs and actually disprove something.

I did disprove it, you just want to ignore everything i say so you can get an upgrade instead of accuracy. Literally Gildarts got scared of "Makarov's punishment" when it was brought up. I countered everything that you brought up (u literally have it there) so stop with the "you dont have anything" when all the things i want to dig up is right there in front of me.

What? Gildarts scared of Makarov's punishment? I'm not even getting involved in this thread but I want to know what you're referring to, nothing comes to mind except maybe a gag scene

I have no problem with Makarov, Gildarts, and Hades being 7B but everyone else to me is a no

@David

Gag scene is something unordinary happens (cartoonish)

>makarov punishment

make male or female wear erotic cloths and force them for pose for magazines It will scared anyone includes zeref and acno

Back