• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail X784 Feat Scaling

There was Fairy Tail Race of the whole guild and whoever comes in last place has to pose in Sorcerer Weakly wearing erotic clothes

That wasn't the one for Gildarts iirc it had something to do w/ Team Natsu and when Gildarts found out he got visibly scared (could had sworn tha is what I've seen)

I don't know about Zancrow's Bellow attack as it is too high, above that of an average Saint level character

I'm still OK with scaling the X784 characters to Low 7-B while scaling the X791 characters to 7-B, since Gray did in fact fight Silver

Because he used his Devil Slayer mode, which is especially created to combat demons just like Dragon Slayer Magic was. Both ignores durability, and that's why he doesn't necessarily scale to Mard either in AP or Dura, since his IDSM bypasses durability and resists curses.

But Gray also took physical hits from Mard Geer and since we make a clear distinction between magic/curse and physical attacks wouldn't that mean he scales?

even physical attacks have magic power behind them, and even Mirajane has shown to be uneffected by curses.

Zackra1799 said:
But Gray also took physical hits from Mard Geer and since we make a clear distinction between magic/curse and physical attacks wouldn't that mean he scales?
Did he? I don't remember, so I'm basing this on my memories and what has been discussed and accepted here before.

@CNBA3

Thats because Mirajane already has Demon genes inside that are needed for Satan Soul. Gray Doesn't gain this until he starts becomeing a Demon which happens during Memento Mori.

Demon Slaying and Dragon Slaying are very similar in that they bypass duarbility of Dragons and Demons as well as resistance to your element. However you don't gain general Resistance to stuff until you achieve either a Dragon Form or a Demon Form.

The Calaca said:
Did he? I don't remember, so I'm basing this on my memories and what has been discussed and accepted here before.
Yes both Base IDSM Gray and Rage boosted Natsu, could tank hits from Mard Gear.

Mard Gear 1
Mard Gear 2
Mard Geer 3

but that is the thing, we do not know what becoming a full demon would give the person, but it is becoming a full dragon that gives you the benefits of being unharmed by magic power. we have seen DF Natsu still get injured from Magic attacks, it would give them more capability to harm dragons

Thats exactly why we shouldn't assume Gray Resists all curses in base. Dragon Slayers don't resist all attacks from Dragons so why should Demon Slayers.

Please don't derail the thread guys

What do you think about scaling Natsu in X784 to Low 7-B

Guys, we need to discuss this stuff, I just kinda wanna get it over with

Why is Ultears powernull limited to elemental attacks? Isn't it her time magic that reduces it away?

No clue why its limited. The only stuff AoT doesn't affect is animals and stuff from them.

Now on topic, who agrees and disagrees with the Low 7-B? We really do need to get this done with before we forget and limbo occurs.

@Schnee One and The Calaca

What are your thoughts about Low 7-B beginning of series characters after hearing Anonymous's argument

BlackeJan said:
So since you admitted that Hades is stronger then them then that means you can agree that since Hades is toying with them then his attack are pretty much around the amount of durability they can take instead if just outright killing them.
Team Natsu are able to take hits from Hades, cut through his magic and force him to increase his magic power to defend once they use a Unison Raid (Ch 243)

Hades was playing with them (you said that) so that means he was using attacks that were comparable to them or slighty above to do damage so this shouldnt count

Laxus is shown to be on the level of but slightly below Hades (Ch 245).

Hades > Makarov >> Laxus so again Hades was using attacks that were comparable or slightly above to hurt Laxus

For consistency, Natsu takes hits from a bloodlusted Laxus (Ch 123) with Natsu and Gajeel (Natsu's equal) being able to harm Laxus (Ch 124)

Laxus >> Base Natsu the ENTIRE fight (except ending but that was due to PoF) and not only that but Laxus put a few hits on him and he was already about to go down (Natsu even punch him and Laxus tanked it. Even with Gajeel, Laxus got back up and looked fine

Zancrow (weaker than Natsu) was able to harm Makarov (on the level of Hades but weaker) when the fight got too close to him (Ch 219)

No....Zancrow was NEVER weaker then Natsu and you already know my argument about this since ive said it plenty of times.

I disagree with them scaling to 7B for these reasons and we should wait for a staff member to see this
@Calaca

What ya think of this?

I don't get the point. I don't see the counter argument if you use scenes where those characters are harming each other.

The reason why I can compromise on this it's because I find it more logical to scale them to Low 7-B. It was directly shown that these characters are able to somewhat keep up with the 7-Bs, and Makarov himself admitted that, if serious, Natsu might beat Laxus in his arc. The power gap is closer and it makes more sense when they compete with the stronger characters.

My only problem is the variety of feats, but it doesn't seem like the other feats will be calced anytime soon, so I think it's safe to put them at Low 7-B at the moment based on Blank's argument. If the rest of the feats get calcs we could open another discussion if needed, but I find it unlikely.

The thing is though why scale them to people who are vastly stronger? Laxus even tanked a punch from Natus and that didnt faze him + Hades > Makarov >> Team Natsu so them hurting Hades is PIS in itself

I know why you're being skeptic. So I am, but this makes more sense than the infamous power jump Natsu gets from basically everything.

In some instances, these characters are able to hurt their superiors. 7-C Zancrow would never scratch Makarov, no matter how tired he is. Low 7-B Zancrow hurting tired 7-B Makarov makes more sense overall.

We should make a CRT about X791 characters scaling to 7-B, because as Anonymous said, Grays Low 7-B feat was casual, and Gray did in fact take many hits from and damaged Silver as well, who did the 7-B feat

So we need to talk about that

I wouldn't say Sun Village Gray was casual. Pretty sure he was sweating from it but he just spent the afternoon fighting, learnt how to take over someone elses ice and then having to do it to Silver's magic. We know he used a lot of energy in his fight wth Doriate as his magic pool was shrunk a lot by Law of Retroression so any fighting was much more taxing than normal and when he met up with Team Natsu, he specifically didn't want to use anymore magic just in case.

The Calaca said:
I know why you're being skeptic. So I am, but this makes more sense than the infamous power jump Natsu gets from basically everything.

In some instances, these characters are able to hurt their superiors. 7-C Zancrow would never scratch Makarov, no matter how tired he is. Low 7-B Zancrow hurting tired 7-B Makarov makes more sense overall.
So then why not a Possibly then?

Because it's not necessary. Low 7-B makes more sense as of now. We don't need to clutter the files like that.

Alright, so Low 7-B was accepted for X784 characters, time to move on to X791 characters

Back