• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: Wrong info about August

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is never explicitly called the strongest individual. Makarov merely alludes to this, but then flat out says he hasn't met Irene yet.

Chapter 483 clearly has him called "one of the strongest", and "the strongest man", but NEVER, in the entire manga, is he called the strongest individual. There is no need to say he is above dragon Irene, as that's not proven. Even being better than human Irene remains unproven. Simply have it known that he is either equal to human or dragon Irene, as that's all the info we know. Nothing else can be counted among his feats or statements about his power, only calcs can do that, but those aren't normally placed in the middle of the character's description and called feats.

https://mangarock.com/manga/mrs-serie-69934/chapter/mrs-chapter-70437

He ain't the strongest, just like Larcade isn't confirmed to be the 3rd strongest. The only statement of him being special like August and Irene was stated by himself. Ajeel also called himself a god, and claimed to be invincible, and that Laxus' attack would've done nothing. Do we consider that as meaning he truly is a god? Ofc not. Larcade was being cocky; Nothing more.

I'm talking about August, with Larcade getting a shout-out at the end for also having wrong info.

Both August and larcade tier is revised like 100th times, nearly every month some random peep come out with same thread, pls read old thread before making a mew one

The narrator doesn't say shit. August calls himself the mightiest mage among the Spriggan 12, which holds about as much worth as Zeref claiming he'll surpass Acnologia with FH. Both were unconfirmed statements through and through. Even IF we take August's statement to heart, it's still unconfirmed whether or not his knows of Irene's dragon form. (Irene is much older than him, and yet it was August + Zeref who started Alvarez, meaning Irene wasn't with them all the time. Even Brandish barely knew anything about her.)

He is not THE strongest member. There is 0 proof of that. Hiro went out of his way to call him the strongest man multiple times, and Irene the strongest woman. Brandish even says, during the chapter in which Irene was introduced, that if there were someone capable of beating August, it would be Irene.

He is the strongest male member. He is not the strongest member.

Zeref started Alvarez back around the time Mavis died and August joined him a few years later. Irene was only found by Zeref in X765 where he enchanted her back into her human shape and she gave birth to Erza so its obvious she wasn't there since the beginning.

This point of yours is also irrelevant as to who is stronger between the two.

No. It's not. Saying so is a flat out lie. None of you have given absolutely ANY evidence to support him being stronger than Irene. Every single objective statement calls them equals.

Also, Zeref started Alvarez to beat Acno. Irene is as old as, if not older than Acno, considernig she created the magic he uses. This matters because, if August was older, he'd be more likely to know of her true form, and his haughty statement of being 'the strongest mage of the Spriggan 12', would hold more weight, as dragon Irene is far stronger than her human self.

Then bloody prove it. This is just ridiculously childish. 0 proof of him being the strongest, and you continue to be stubborn.

It is canon that August vs Irene is inconclusive. That's the simple indisputable fact. Stop being a brat already. Holy hell.

New user. IDK if I need to do something first (before giving my opinion) and how really everything functions (if this is a vote or something), but August=strongest male Spriggan=Irene=Strongest female Spriggan = Zeref

It was never said who was the strongest of the 3, and it also says Zeref is stronger than the others on his profile, but that's only proven in his white form. Zeref really wasn't impressive at all before that, fighting with fists instead of magic. His magic power also wasn't good.

I am new here as well , and i want to speak on the matter regarding August being the strongest Spriggan . August is one of the strongest individuals merely due to his magic . Being able to copy and use any type of magic except Holder type magic (Cana ,Lucy and somewhat Erza) . He is being called ,titled, nicknamed however you want to call it the Wizard King because of his vast knowledge of spells and magic he knows and uses . Meaning if Irene and August were to fight even in her dragon form and his dark form , he might have won . Because he can copy every magic that he is being hit . Hell he could probably copy Brandish's magic or Dimaria's against Irene . He can probably use even dragon slayer magic , although its not confirmed by Hiro himself but its a possibility nonetheless , since it hasnt being included as a weakness to his magic or ruled out that he cant use it .

Reference https://fairytail.fandom.com/wiki/August

<< Copy Magic: August is lauded as the "Wizard King" due to this particular kind of Magic, which he can notably use instantaneously; with it, August can copy, master, and then nullify an opponent's Magic after having given it witness. However, he is unable to copy Holder Magic as one cannot use Holder Magic without physically using the required tools >>

<< August possesses immensely terrifying reserves and strength in Magic Power, being crowned the strongest ma[5] and strongest individual[80][81] among the Spriggan 12 as the group's leader,[4] placing comparable with Irene Belserio, the strongest woman of the twelve.[82] His power goes so far beyond what the other ten have normally at their disposal that even Makarov Dreyar, one of the highly esteemed Ten Wizard Saints and Fairy Tail's Guild Master, grew quite visibly distraught at the mere memory of some of August's capabilities in Magic at work.[7]Even fellow Shields Jacob Lessio and Brandish hold the elder's might in very high regard, with the latter one stating that, of all Mages in existence, only Irene has a shot at defeating him.[83][84] Mest Gryder, Lucy Heartfilia, and even Natsu Dragneel were awed by his immense Magical presence, with Mest pointing out how, despite knowing of August's power level, he didn't expect him to be that powerful,[85] and that his power is in fact in a completely different dimension from even Brandish's (hers already being exceptionally overwhelming).[86] One of Fairy Tail's S-Class Mages, Mirajane Strauss, hailed his Magic Power, alongside Irene's, as defying common sense, while sweating from simply being in their presence.[87] Mavis Vermillio, too, Fairy Tail's First Guild Master herself, was scared of August's mere presence.[88] He was even able to defeat the majority of Crime Sorcière, (including former Wizard Saint Jellal Fernandes) by himself, without so much as a scratch to his own person, and also pressure them by countering them with their own Magic.[89][90] When he exerted his power, it was capable of shaking both the earth and sky while making the very foundation on which he stood steadily crumble.[91] >>

As for Larcade he is , as he delicated put it , an exception to the mix . Due to the nature of his magic . He would affect Acnologia as well , if he encountered him .

He can copy every magic that its known . Even forbidden ones (except holder type magic as i said earlier ) . LITERALLY anything . So lets not forget that . And it isnt being stated that he is weaker from Irene in dragon form . I think you got confused when Brandish said he is one of the strongest . Meaning there are more , at the same power as him or close to him . She blatantly said he is the strongest among the 12 . Also in the anime the subtitles are different from the manga . In the manga she said and I quote : << Excluding Eileen , there is no mage in existence who can stand up to August , Of course that includes me as well >> https://i10.**********.com/fairy-tail/484/fairy-tail-7520179.jpg . She never said , that she could beat August . Just merely going against him . Just because nothing of these happened , like Larcade using his magic on Acno , or August fighting Eileen , that doesnt mean its unconfirmed .

I think the argument really is , What else are they capable of ?! . We didnt really get to see the full extent of their powers for August and Irene . We merely got a glimpse of what they can do and its not a lot to be able to have a complete understanding of their power level . And lastly as for Zeref he got erased by Natsu's Blaze Dragon King's Demolition Fist and came back like nothing happened . Thats enough to give you a hint on how powerful Zeref became by acquiring the Fairy Heart . I cant imagine what it would be like to fight against Acnologia . Probably he would lose , but not die (Acno) from Zeref . I dont know if there was a versus between Acnologia and FH Zeref .

Let this thread die. a conlcusion was made a long time ago, its supported by the manga, and it is staying that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back