• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail: The most basic light speed revision ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
Yeah, this isn't very major, but there are a few spells in Fairy Tail that are flashes or beams of light. Now these attacks don't actually scale to anyone's reactions or combat speed as most of them are large bright AOE light spells that nobody ever dodges or reacts to, but we should still list them as light speed just for clarification.

Makarov's Fairy Law is a big AOE flash of light that takes down anyone it touches, so Makarov gets Speed of Light with Fairy Law

Hades' Grimoire Law is the exact same spell as Fairy Law, it's just black light, so Hades gets Speed of Light with Grimoire Law

Laxus, Mavis, and Zeref all have Law/Fairy Law as well, so they get Speed of Light with Law/Fairy Law

Loke's Lion's Radiance is a big flash of light meant to blind opponents, so he gets Speed of Light with Lion's Radiance

Loke also can use Regulus to fire beams of light for his attacks, so he should also get Speed of Light with Regulus Beams

Kain's Shining Do-Doskoi is a beam of pure light that is fired out, so he should get Speed of Light with Shining Do-Doskoi

The Celestial Spirit King's Galaxia Blade summons star light from space to purify everyone with light, so he should get Speed of Light with Galaxia Blade

This one I'm not entire sure about, but I believe that the Urano Metria and Gottfried spells itself are blasts of star light that should be light speed

Like I said before, nobody ever reacts to or dodges these attacks, so they're basically just one off light speed abilities, so this CRT should be uncontroversial. If there are any one off light speed attacks I forgot to mention, please mention them below.

I could be wrong, but I think just being called light isn't enough for an update, we've had several threads like this that were rejected

I could be wrong, but I think just being called light isn't enough for an update, we've had several threads like this that were rejected
They're literally bright flashes of light... They function just like a flash of light would

Looks alright, the one that just blinds especially is legit.

Being called pure light or being stated to be composed only of light now qualifies as one of the criteria.

These are pretty straightforward ngl, and theyโ€™re never reacted to by characters below SoL (especially at this point where theyโ€™re all Sub-Rel to Sub-Rel+). Iโ€™m leaning towards agreeing here

I guess these basically got two of the few light criteria necessary for light speed:
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.
I guess these cases seem feasible since the standards are less strict than in the past, from revisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back