• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 14

I don't have a lot of info about monogatari, so I can't give my full opinion, but when I mean Harems are garbage, I don't mean the series itself, I mean in general, the harems within series are garbage, like I hate the concept itself in stories, it's part of the reason I hate SAO and Highschool DxD so much

the thing that people don't like about harem is the fact that the mc is some kinda god that everyone just loves for no reason i can agree that the shows that are their whole point is harem and ecchi are kinda trashy but there are some great shows that play with the concept of harem and make the female characters more believable and interesting and make you want to root for them

I have seen series like that, and there are a few harem shows/manga I have enjoyed, the issue is, they are very few and far between, like one male character who is a god among all men and gets all the girls is really just the absolute worst and really just makes me hate the series, I like multiple pairings in a series like with Fairy Tail, or heck even Nanatsu no Taizai did this correctly

But Harem's, I really hate the concept in almost every scenario

well i used to hate harem until recently i wtached/read a few shows that kinda changed my mind

the way they do it is soo dirty 1-first they introduce a character with great personality and motives 2- make her interactions with the mc cute and make you want to ship them 3-repeat number 1 introduce a cuter character with great personality and motives

repeat until you don't know who to root for and if he confesses to any of the girls the others will have a breakdown and make you terrible and sad and the only solution is a harem

it's manipulative and kinda shitty but it's sometimes better to have a harem ending or something like that

He's been doing it for a long ass time, but ever since the original series ended and 100 Year Quest started, he's been ramping it up by a huge amount, like he teased Nalu on a weekly basis now in every single piece of his work

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
"It's manipulative and kinda shitty but it's sometimes better to have a harem ending or something like that"
7AC9A6CE-D37D-430D-B211-C9F88F2C8E98
NO
well that's kinda my fault for getting invested in the characters

I'm a simple man, I like it in a series when two people become a couple and are loyal to each other and there is no other bunch of girls/guys that also string along as the side girls/guys who are constantly getting in the way of the main couple

Morally I hate Harems and Harem Endings are the culmination of that immorality and I despise them all, hence my intense burning hatred of SAO and Highschool DxD... Well that and other reasons

don't get me wrong i don't love or hate the genre it self but hate the writing most harem shows have

this is what i defend the world god only knows- monogatari-fate kinda

this is what i hate with passion Shinmai Maou no Testament-SAO -The Arsterisix War-Maken-Ki!-Infinite Stratos

Fates Ok, it's not primarily about the romance aspect anyways, as for Monogatari, from what I've seen, it's a very intellectual show that has a lot more as well and every character is very interesting, as for the world god only knows, I've heard of it and am not interested

I guess a good example of a Harem I like was Clannad, cause the main character was good, there were other important male characters and the other girls didn't drag out as a harem, it was only like a small part of the story

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
as for Monogatari, from what I've seen, it's a very intellectual show that has a lot more as well and every character is very interesting
Can confirm, it's kind of incredible.

I expect as much from a guy with Shinobu as his profile pic 😂

I think I watched the first season a long time ago, I just couldn't get that into it, I can see why it's so good, it just wasn't for me

That omake might be the most meta thing Hiro has ever done...

All them ship teases and references are great

If it's a 100% legit 5-D character that has feats on that level, that qualifies for Low 1-C

Not a harem fan myself; I don't think it does any character involved any service (Cept the harem protag), the idea that a bunch of ppl are willing to be a part of a relationship where the dynamics are so skewed in a single characters favour and everyone else has to play second fiddle to each other bothers me.

Plus the idea that a group of ppl can all be attracted to a single person without an eventual disenchantment with the object of their affections also bothers me. No one in real life would be content in being just another guy/gal in a harem, that isn't how ppl work. They'll likely just move on.

Natsu ate Laxus's Lightning for LFDM, but for Seven Flames Dragon Mode, Wendy enchanted all of the Dragon Slayers power onto him, that's the difference

Also probably because if he kept all that power and form, he would be broken as fuq, so he can't keep it

I think Natsu and Juvia would be a solid BroTP, they'd get into great hijinks

When I get the Fairy Tail RPG, my team is gonna be the strongest characters scaling wise, so my squad will be Natsu, Laxus, Gildarts, and Erza

I'll be unstoppable

Btw how would gildarts fair against the Tartaros guild? I would assume fairy well, but Mard Geer could be an issue.

In favourable circumstances Gildarts could probably solo the whole of Tartaros (including Mard). I mean he could most definitely solo the rest of them, with Mard being the major hurdle. Gildarts is basically a one-shot machine, a single blow is basically game over hence if circumstances line up favourably and he manages to land a blow, Mard is done.

All we know is that in X791, Gildarts is still considered strongest in the guild, so that scales him above Laxus, we have no way to know how well he'd fair against Mard Geer since we can't scale him to Dragon Force Natsu or Devil Slayer Gray

A bit bored so I got a bit of a what if questionnaire.

Okay so how would you guys fix Lisanna's character? Basically what events would you change to make Lisanna a "stronger" character in the story. The simple answer would be keeping her dead and developing the other characters around her death. But I want to see what other ideas you all might have for this, so pick something other than than her just staying dead (It can be a variation of this, just done differently) and use your creativity, I'll post my own idea's about this later on.

Honestly, I don't find real issues with her other than her taking a back seat on her relationship with Natsu

😂My first thought after reading that first sentence was "Keep her dead" cause really that's what should have happened and the Lisanna in Edolas should have really just been the Edolas version

But since that's not allowed, the way I would fix her character is have her have some consequence for escaping death and going to Edolas, like maybe her existence and magic are out of control and on the balance of life and death and there would be an arc on trying to completely save her from going out of control and hurting others

Another thing that could have been done for her character is, and this is purely trying to think of a purpose for her, is to make her a Love Rival against Lucy like what Hiro originally intended, it wouldn't be a big purpose, but at least it'd make her more relevant than what she actually turned out as

Don't really think anything is wrong with Lisanna as a character, like most of the main cast she's likeable. The biggest detracting factor with her is she didn't do anything, she was more relevant dead than alive.

100YQ treats her better insofar that she has stuff to do (her fight with Lucy is a good showcase of her competency), so really she just needed more relevance to the main plot

Back