• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 14

Still waiting for the eventual Light Dragon God if it exists so that we can get Rel-FTL speeds. I see 5-B and FTL at most by the end of FT. My thing is that I want the rest of the cast (Gray, Erza, Laxus, Lucy, Wendy, Gajeel, Sting, Rogue, etc) to at least catch up to Natsu in some way. Like seeing them at like 6-C and Natsu at like 6-A kinda bugs me as it seems to me that it leads to the predictable "Natsu is the only relevant party against a Dragon God" plot point. Maybe that's just me.

We already know the elements/names of the Dragon Gods, so Light Dragon God is not one of them, but we do have a Moon Dragon God Who apparently wields the power of the stars, whatever that entails, hopefully Tier 5 stuff

As for other characters matching Natsu... unlikely imo, he's just so much stronger and is likely the only one who reach the Dragon God's level by themselves in the future, I imagine the other characters getting stronger, but Natsu will probably stay above them by a decent amount, I would like Lucy to get a much needed amp though, like at this point, her max power can barely scratch Mira and Elfman, she needs that Celestial Spirit King Star Dress

I wouldn't say make them comparable to Natsu (as thinking about it, it kinda ruins his growth as a character), but like at least make them strong enough to damage Dragon Gods. Natsu can still be the only one who can fully match them, but like something that allows for legit backscaling. That way they aren't just sitting there like strap jawed idiots while Natsu is fighting a giant dragon.

I would like that actually, get Laxus on that 6-A level

I mean at this point, Natsu is literally the only Dragon Slayer of the main 7 to have fought and defeat a dragon by himself

I personally don't want a Naruto/Ichigo situation where the mc is so powerful that the cast he starts off with becomes irrelevant. Look at guys like Chad and Rock lee.

FT is seemingly aware of this and that's y Natsu's best forms are either temporary or difficult to activate, the series limits him up until the other characters can reach comparable levels overtime then some of these forms make a comeback. I'd love for Natsu to become an absolute unit in-verse but I definitely don't want the remaining cast to be irrelevant.

I am kinda bitter that Erza is getting "left behind" a bit considering how she was throughout most of FT. But that's my bias as she's my personal favorite FT character in general.

Erza isn't really left behind, she's still one of the strongest people in the series, although she did legitimately lose recently to a stronger character, so that's a change of pace

Also I want Natsu to be the definitive strongest character by the end of the series, I actually like the trope of the MC and Main villain being far above everyone else

I also wish Erza had more...I guess variety in armors. Like I feel like she has the most potential to being the "Hax-God" that every series seems to have nowadays due to the different armors she can have.

DragonEmperor23 said:
bruh it took me to long to realize who you were talking about when you said Chad

T.T
Exactly, nothing in Bleach (except Yhwach's BS moustache) hurts me more than thinking of Chad, dude started off a cool supporting character, then got shafted so hard that u could remove him completely from the plot of bleach and nothing would change. On the other hand FT manages to make effing Elfman relevant even if he isn't a main character, I like that and I don't want it to go

@Dragonmaster

Yeah, ever since the GMG, she basically spams Clear Heart Cloth

Yeah and tbh...CHC is basically on of her most visually boring armors to me. Wingblade is still my current favorite followed by her Fire God and Heaven's Wheel armors.

Speaking of hax, I find it quite funny that Natsu has more hax than anyone else despite being a straightforward fighter.

His fire can nulls hax such as Existence Erasure, Petrification, Time Manipulation, Death Manipulation, etc. Heck, he even has resistance to EE and can break out from BFR to another dimension.

I just want more from the side characters to do more and catch up ever so slightly with Natsu. Like let him be the overall most powerful, but let the others actually do something against the Dragon Gods.

I love Natsu, so that isn't much of an issue for me, I love when he came back from X792 pretty much above everyone else and started stomping everyone in the the series until Alvarez

I feel like the other characters do get to shine though, they kinda helped against Mercphobia and lots of characters have had their own fights with new powers

Yeah, seeing Natsu stomp everyone so easily like that, especially someone like Bluenote, was so vindicating.

And yet people still try to say Erza is stronger than Natsu

I think Natsu's hax works with his character. His headstrong personality powers through anything he needs to power through.

I think people kinda loved the whole "Natsu and Gray are terrified of Erza" gag. However, at the time, it made perfect since as until like, Tartaros, I think Erza was still overall stronger than them. Maybe a bit earlier.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Game follows the main story and is supported by Hiro, I'm not saying this is a main canon, but the fact that this is in her description is pretty telling, also don't start with If Mira trained more, she'd be stronger than Erza, Mira was terrified of Irene and Erza was not
Yeah, Erza was more than ready to stand up to Irene, while Mira even went so far as to label Irene's power as "defying common sense"

In X784 Natsu was weaker than Erza, in X791, they were about equal, in X792 Natsu definitely overtook her, I mean by the end of the series he could overpower Fairy Heart Zeref and was tanking attacks from Acnologia, whereas every other dragon slayer got blown away

I 100% agree there, except I think in terms of specifics, Natsu surpassed Erza with his transformations in X784 and X791.

And to those that say Erza is still stronger than Natsu in X792 and X793, all I end up asking is: Would Erza have done better against Zeref or Acnologia?

I want the other Dragon Slayers to do more in this arc considering..well...Dragon Gods. Like we now got like a ton of Dragon Slayers and Erza with a Dragon Slaying Sword.

I like how even now, Erza is like a balance between Natsu and Gray considering she has both Dragon Slaying and Demon Slaying powers.

Davidsteel1 said:
Exactly, nothing in Bleach (except Yhwach's BS moustache) hurts me more than thinking of Chad, dude started off a cool supporting character, then got shafted so hard that u could remove him completely from the plot of bleach and nothing would change. On the other hand FT manages to make effing Elfman relevant even if he isn't a main character, I like that and I don't want it to go
THIS

90% of the time the side-cast has more interesting fights/powers than the protagonist, but eventually get either powercreeped or ignored to the point they can't even give minor help in a major fight. Naruto eventually devolves into Naruto and Sasuke vs the world, The final arc in bleach does give the Shinigamis their time to shine, but Chad and Orihime get done dirty by Kubo

That's why i like One Piece, even weaker members get a chance to shine with their skills every arc.

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Funny thing is, I have this theory that Erza is actually a Dragon when Irene was revealed to be the "Queen of Dragon" back in Alvarez Arc.
Shouldn't she technically be a human/dragon hybrid due to Irene having birthed her while still being a dragon?

@DragonGamer

I mean't mostly with their own power, if we included transformations, Natsu stomps Erza in every time period...

Blade, Armor, Corpse, Sticky, and Law Dragons... Dragon Slayer Abilities are really weird now with all the Dragon Eaters

Igneel: Fire Dragon

Acno: Magic Dragon

Grandeena: Sky Dragon

Irene: Sage Dragon

Igneel: So...your element is a spice?

tf is a Sage Dragon? I feel we are getting more liberal with these Dragon attributes lol

Definitely, we now have sticky dragons and sword dragons, how? I don't have a clue.

That said, it's giving DS a better spread of abilities so there's definitely an upside. Sword dragon Slayer can "cut" your confidence, soul dragon has some solid soul hax etc. Dragon slayers are slowly but surely becoming more haxxed

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Blade, Armor, Corpse, Sticky, and Law Dragons... Dragon Slayer Abilities are really weird now with all the Dragon Eaters
And yet,Happy's dream of becoming a fish dragon slayer still hasn't come true

Apparently being a Sage Dragon means you're a dragon that uses Enchantments, that's where her Master Enchant came from

Back