• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Hundred Year Quest Discussion Thread 11

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Why does every single Top Strongest video of Fairy Tail Characters have Gray above Laxus, Jellal, Gajeel, Erza, etc.

Why the hell do people wank Gray, his feats aren't that impressive compared to those above, he's cool, but not a Top or God Tier
I'm curious about this as well

I have no idea why people think Gray is so strong^

He beat a Spriggan and Fought END, that's his only feats in Alvarez worth noting, I mean Jellal and Laxus have way better feats, such as casually one-shoting Spriggans and holding off briefly against Acnologia and don't get me started about Erza as well, who is shown as superior to him as well, I just don't get why they think he's so strong

In 100 Year Quest, he wasn't confident he could beat Mira, who is Erza and Laxus level

I'd say Mira is a bit below Erza and Laxus tbh. Still well above Gray to the extent that he needs her to be weakened by Skillion (who beat him easily) to have a chance and believing she had a chance of beating Skullion despite that being a beat stick vs a Logia. How much of a monster does he think she is to somehow come out on top against the dude who transmutes the ocean into ash?

I agree that Mira is still below Erza and Laxus, I still think Erza is still weaker than Laxus

Erza needed Wendy, Natsu, and Gray's Magic Power enchanted onto her weapons to match Laxus, and as we know from Wendy's Enchantment, using someone elses power enchanted on oneself makes them stronger, Laxus also had to fight Kiria for a small amount before hand and yet Erza still fell first after all of this

All in all, Laxus edges out slightly

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I have no idea why people think Gray is so strong^

He beat a Spriggan and Fought END, that's his only feats in Alvarez worth noting, I mean Jellal and Laxus have way better feats, such as casually one-shoting Spriggans and holding off briefly against Acnologia and don't get me started about Erza as well, who is shown as superior to him as well, I just don't get why they think he's so strong

In 100 Year Quest, he wasn't confident he could beat Mira, who is Erza and Laxus level
And that's why he fought End so folks put him over the guys You mentioned

Dangerous question: If 100YQ doesn't adress Etherion's scaling at the time of its end, will we discuss it?

^No, in that scenario, it will stay likely indefinitely, not going through that same old debate again... It was done and concluded, there would be nothing more to be said about the topic, it can either get confirmed or denied later through the story, but if it never gets addressed, then it'll remain a maybe forever

Still believe sticking with the compromise is best, I mean I believe they just fully scale, but I compromised since it was such a heated debate that was beaten to death at least 5 times before, hopefully we get a later higher feat though to make it not matter

Glad Mira was off screen now to the actual meat of this arc. Aldoron is awakening!!

Mest is useful, like it. Hyped for next chapter

Now Natsu & co gotta deal with Aldoron if he does anything & WW

Man, Mira and Elfman got off screened out by Gray, that's just sad for the strauss's they'll never get a moment in the sun

He's not tho^

The High 6-C's are top tier, plus this Gray was Confident he couldn't beat a full powered healthy Mira, well, I guess we just have to see how he actually won via translations, he could have just sneak attacked them

To be fair, Gray has the type advantage against Mira thanks to IDSM. So he's circunstantially stronger than her.

I'm just glad Aldoron is finally awake, can't wait to see possible new feats, also have no idea how they'll win this fight

The Calaca said:
To be fair, Gray has the type advantage against Mira thanks to IDSM. So he's circunstantially stronger than her.
I Dont think so,unless mira is using demon halpas takeover.

Imo Gray > Mira from what we got in Alvarez. All we know for Mira is she fought Skullion to a standstill (somehow) & Gray hyped her up. But I don't take that seriously at all

Mira resisted the demonification because she had her own demon genes, before Halphas was in her possession. So yes, Gray does have an advantage against her Take Overs.

Annnnddddd they nerfed Natsu's Thought Projection, he could do it before, but now he doesn't remember how too, well... that sucks

So Devil Slayer Gray managed to take out both a weakened Elfman and Mira, it's explicitly said they were already really damaged and weakened, so it's a good scaling feat, man, the Strauss's and Jellal will never get an actual fight, will they, Laxus got incapacitated after fighting Kiria and Erza while being a badass, Jellal got incapacitated by being seduced... Laxus>>>Jellal

Overall this is mostly a setup chapter for Aldoron finally joining the frey and hopefully shows us some feats

Maybe he'll learn mastery of Thought Projection later, he did just Use it for the first time, if he gets control of that ability and can use it as he wants, he'll have solid hax

Can't blame Jellal for getting seduced by Erza tbh but damn they did Natsu and the Strauss' dirty. Man gets solid hax that isn't defensive and he forgets. Mira and my boy Elfman finally about to get a fight and they are off screened by one dude despite there being potential backup.

It does make sense why they wanted to do it off screen^

They've already spent like 30 chapters just doing Fairy Tail Fighting Festival 2, the story needs to get to the juicy stuff with Touka and Aldoron, plus there are 3 more Dragon Gods to deal with after this and the Dragon Eaters, and then Likely Elefseria

In general there's a lot to get done, so I'm ok with skipping some of the not so important fights

can you calculate the size of Aldron now that we have a Scan showing his entire body? have some mountains in the cities in your hands and on the ground

Back