• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail Fun Ranking Discussion Thread

DemonGodMitchAubin

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Calculation Group
This is mean't to be a fun thread about ranking characters, based on lists, and how each character compares in certain categories, such as best written, cutest, coolest, and the first one I want to see, Strongest

what are the Top 15 strongest Characters in your opinion, and why, there are some characters who are fairly obvious in their placing, but there are a lot of different opinions I want to see

this thread can also be used to discuss anything Fairy Tail wise, and I mostly made it to have fun Conversations, as well I b elieve it is better to have a thread separate from the 100 year quest thread

In my opinion, the Top 15 strongest characters are...

1. Natsu

2. Acnologia

3. Zeref

4. Igneel

5. Animus

6. August

7. Irene

8. Larcade

9. Gildarts

10. God Serena

11. Laxus

12. Jellal

13. Celestial Spirit Kings Full Power

14. Dimaria Yesta

15. Wall Eehto

I give Natsu a Slight Edge over Acnologia for a few reasons, I could explain if anyone cares

Get ready for a wall of text

The reason I give a slight edge to Natsu is for a few reasons

1. I believe Zeref with Fairy Tail is stronger than Normal Dragon Acnologia, by the smallest incrament, because he has two large magic sources that surpass Dragon Cry, and his Hax is incredibly Broken, and Savage Dragon Fire Natsu Beat Him, so already Savage Dragon Fire Natsu is stronger than Normal Dragon Acnologia

2. In the final Battle with Acnologia, Savage Dragon Fire Natsu, took a full powered explosion from Human Acnologia with the Space Between Time, and took no damage, which surprised Acnologia, which already puts Savage Dragon Fire Natsu close to Human Acnologia with the Space Between Time, not stronger but close

links to Natsu tanking Explosion: 1 , 2 , 3

3. After that, Natsu then stacks Seven Flames Dragon Mode ontop of Savage Dragon fire, and belives he has enough power to defeat Human Acnologia with SBT, however Acnologia gets cocky and says they will never beat him, which is probably because of his Resistance to Magic, I think in that moment, SFD Natsu was stronger, but Acnologia's Resistance would have made the damage weak enough, that it wouldn't kill him.

4. After that, something happened that I never noticed before, Natsu stacked Dragon Force on Top of SFDM, and SDF, making him at the very least 3 times stronger, It's been established that Dragon Force gives a Dragon Slayer the true power of a Dragon, so it stands to reason that a Dragon Form, should be a comparable increase to Dragon Force, (as well the argument could be made that Human Acnologia has better increase in power with the SBT, than his Dragon Force, as Human Acnologia is surrounded by the Magic) and since SFD Natsu is already a decent amount stronger than Human Acnologia with SBT, and then stacks DF on top of that, he should be by the tiniest Margin ever, Slightly strionger than Dragom Acnologia with SBT, which would make him the strongest character, NOT TO MENTION HE ONE SHOT ACNOLOGIA, EVEN WHEN HE HAD MAGIC RESISTANCE

This is my opinion, I didn't believe he was stronger until I realized he could stack Dragon Force ontop of Seven Flames Dragon, which made me believe he stronger, I do believe It could be the other way and Acnologia is still stronger than him, however I belive Natsu's chances of being stronger are good

this is the scaling chain

Human Acnologia=<Base Zeref<DF+FDKM Natsu<<<Dragon Acnologia=<Fairy Heart Zeref<Savage Dagon Fire Natsu<Human Acnologia SBT<Seven Flames Natsu<Dragon Acnologia SBT=<SFD+DF Natsu

Interesting ... interesting ... I have a different question. Why Full Power Celestial Spirit King is above Dimaria and Wall? And why Igneel is above Animus with Dragon Cry? And now I understand why you put Larcade above Gildarts coff coff Hax pleasure coff coff (I know a strong 6-C character to give a great fight to Larcade).

I don't know how strong the full power of the Celestial Spirit King is, all that's said is that he's summoned based on the power of the user, so when Lucy, who is kinda weak, summons him and he still able to fight on par with Mard Geer, magine what his full power would be if he summoned by someone else, I could be wrong with that tho, just headcanon

As for Igneel stronger than Animus, I just feel that he is stronger at full power, not when he was weakened but full power

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I don't know how strong the full power of the Celestial Spirit King is, all that's said is that he's summoned based on the power of the user, so when Lucy, who is kinda weak, summons him and he still able to fight on par with Mard Geer, magine what his full power would be if he summoned by someone else, I could be wrong with that tho, just headcanon
As for Igneel stronger than Animus, I just feel that he is stronger at full power, not when he was weakened but full power
Well, it's worth remembering too that when Lucy, who is kinda weak compared to the rest of her companions, had invoked the Celestial Spirit King when she was weakened by being almost without magic and tired but still the Celestial Spirit King had fought on par with Base Mard Geer.

Well, it makes sense, since weakened Igneel was able ripped off an arm of Dragon Acnologia.

1. Acnologia 2. Natsu 3. Zeref 4. Igneel 5. Animus 6. August 7. Irene 8. Gildarts 9. God Serena 10. Laxus 11. Wahl 12. Gajeel 13. Gray 14. Jellal 15. Sting

I got the impression from zeref that even with FH he couldnt kill acnologia, as his plan was to defeat him in the past where he wasnt as strong. So to me, normal dragon acnologia is not inferior to FH zeref.

And acnologia is still number 1, as an entire continent was needed for his defeat.

In my Opinion

Dragon Acnologia=Fairy Heart Zeref

Dragon Acnologia likely has better AP, but Zeref has far Better Hax

@Chibi

What? the 3 strongest characters, are Natsu, Acnologia, and Zeref

Zeref with FH is stronger then August, but without FH he is behind August, it was little even confirmed back by Makarov when he said August use more magicskill then Zeref. He solo whole OS + Jellal and even Gildarts wasn´t strong enough to match him. I place August above Zeref.

Base Zeref is stronger than August, August was only stated to know more magic types than he does, they are very close I admit, but Zeref's power is greater

I don´t would agree with Base Zeref>August... Base Zeref was get ass kicked by Natsu and im sure Natsu alone isn´t stronger then Jellan+OS+Gildarts+Cana.... August feat + Ars Magia are very high and he would possible copie all ability of Zeref. My though is that August was little stronger then base Zeref but weaker then FH Zeref....

As for the Next Ranking, Give your Top 5 Best written Characters in the Series, basically the character's who had the most Well Written Story

IMO

1. Zeref

2. Mavis

3. Natsu (Yes, Actually)

4. Acnologia

5. Gajeel

Acno best written character? Nah. He was definetly really enjoyable but the biggest problem at EoS was that he was kinda bland. If the anime expands on him, then we have a chance to get an actually good written character

I actually really liked the simplicity of Acnologia's character, he lost everything and became corrupt with Power, and then lost to everyone on the continent

Top strongest current character

0)Phoenix

1)acno(not because I am using his pic)

2)zeref

3)Mavis

4)Natsu

5)August/animus

6)dimaria

7)Irene/larcade

8)brandish

9)bloodman(at full potential)

10)gildarts

11)laxus

12)gray

13)sting

14)Erza

15)Mira

I am not using csk because we don't know his full power

Acno is strongest since it requried while ishagr mage power to seal him.

While zeref is immortal.

Eh, the Phoenix is Non-Canon, and is really only stronger via a life wiping Suicide attack, also why is Natsu below Zeref and Mavis, he is stronger than them easily, also Bloodman and Brandish stronger than Gildarts, and Dimaria stronger than irene, also Gray and Sting ain't stronger than Erza, also where Jellal and Igneel, your top 15 are a bit weird, can you explain them

While Mira is Fine, Zeref is clearly the best written character, his story is brilliant

I mostly agree with that accept, Laxus>Jellal>Erza, I think people downplay Laxus too much

Mm, I'd say Jellal had quite better feats than Laxus. They are definetly close, but Jellal showed more. Laxus low diffed a spriggan, while jellal stomped a spriggan and managed to fend of Acno for a bit.

And while I do think that overall Jellal > Laxus >= Erza, Erza at her peak(PoF) is damn unstoppable so...

Laxus vs Jellal and who is stronger is always up for grabs, they are so close in power it's amazing, it's really a matter of opinion, I personally think that since Laxus Low-diffed a spriggan with extremely weakened, he is stronger, Jellal managed to one-Shot the physical weakest spriggan, so that really isn't a gauge of power, and he did hold off Acnologia for a bit, that's his most impressive feat, however once again it's one of those either or things, so Laxus>=<Jellal, as for Erza, Her powers are hella inconsistent, so yeah, POF kills all

Yeah, it's always a tossup between Jelall and Laxus. And since we have no real confirmation on how they compare to each other, it's hard to 100% say who's stronger. Even Zeref told gray that he waited either for jellal or laxus lol

And yeah, Erza is... well erza

Yeah Zeref did say that, he did say he waited for Jellal or Laxus, and thought that Gray was disappointing, so he acknowledged they are equal threats greater than Gray

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Eh, the Phoenix is Non-Canon, and is really only stronger via a life wiping Suicide attack, also why is Natsu below Zeref and Mavis, he is stronger than them easily, also Bloodman and Brandish stronger than Gildarts, and Dimaria stronger than irene, also Gray and Sting ain't stronger than Erza, also where Jellal and Igneel, your top 15 are a bit weird, can you explain them
While Mira is Fine, Zeref is clearly the best written character, his story is brilliant
Didnt use igneel becuase we dont have his prime feat, forget jellal ,i should put him at same lvl as laxus,

also i forget to add but i didn't make this list just based on ap/dc in term of hax brandish and bloodman is above gildarts

Again with hax and power gray and sting>erza.

Also phenoix movie fit in timeline+ have manga and mention in ft zero( thats why i put him at 0 lol,becuase i am not sure iif that movie is canon or not)

@Homu

Laxus has the AP and Durability Advantage, while Jellal has the versatility and Speed Advantage, really it's an either or

I'm going to rank the top 3, now here me out.

1. Natsu

2. Zeref

3. Acno

Natsu is above Acno for everything Mitch already said

Now hear me out on two-three

For me personally, Acno has literally zero way in any of his forms to actually kill Zeref due to regen+Immortality.

In this case, Time Paradoxing is actually a viable win technique as he has the knowledge necessary to paradox Acnologia, it would be a bitter sweet victory, but a victory nonetheless

Alright, On to the Next List, Top 10 Favorite Fights

Mine:

1. Natsu vs Zeref Final Battle (Loved the Artwork, and I love Zeref)

2. Fairy Tail vs Hades

3. Natsu vs Zero

4. Laxus vs Wall

5. Dragon Slayers vs Acnologia

6. Natsu and Gajeel vs Sting and Rogue

7. Natsu and Gray vs Mard Geer

8. Erza Scarlet vs Erza Knightwalker

9. Gajeel vs Bloodman

10. Erza and Wendy vs Irene

Back