• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

I want at least one of the following to be a High 6-A by the end of the arc:

1. Some new armor for Erza that DOESN'T just give her some blade and armor, I want a new armor that gives her serious hax. That or a new Dragon Slayer form/armor instead of just a sword.

2. A Dragonization form for Wendy, Gajeel, and/or Natsu, that makes all of their body dragon-like instead of just one half like in Dragon Cry (what can I say, I like symmetry).

3. A wicked new Satan Soul from Mirajane that doesn't get ruined like Alegria did.

4. Lucy with a CSK Star Dress that is actually usable more than once.

5. Dragon Force Laxus. I would LOVE a High 6-A DF Laxus.

6. MAYBE Gildarts. Just because.

7. Gray with a new Devil form, like Devil Force.

I want at least one of the following to be a High 6-A by the end of the arc:

1. Some new armor for Erza that DOESN'T just give her some blade and armor, I want a new armor that gives her serious hax. That or a new Dragon Slayer form/armor instead of just a sword.

2. A Dragonization form for Wendy, Gajeel, and/or Natsu, that makes all of their body dragon-like instead of just one half like in Dragon Cry (what can I say, I like symmetry).

3. A wicked new Satan Soul from Mirajane that doesn't get ruined like Alegria did.

4. Lucy with a CSK Star Dress that is actually usable more than once.

5. Dragon Force Laxus. I would LOVE a High 6-A DF Laxus.

6. MAYBE Gildarts. Just because.

7. Gray with a new Devil form, like Devil Force.
U jinxed it

Now Mashima will give him Devil Force and Gray gonna swap hands with Ignia after seeing Juvia fake die again

It END vs Gray all over again 💀

U jinxed it

Now Mashima will give him Devil Force and Gray gonna swap hands with Ignia after seeing Juvia fake die again

It END vs Gray all over again 💀
Seems like we got a fan who thinks Gray deserves to be eternally Mid Tier

Me too

For the entirety of Pre Time Skip
I mean gray was cool up to the phantom lord arc after that he became the resident jobber, i fell like mashima tried to do something to him in tartaros but while it was good in the moment he ended up reverting back to being a jobber anyway

I mean gray was cool up to the phantom lord arc after that he became the resident jobber, i fell like mashima tried to do something to him in tartaros but while it was good in the moment he ended up reverting back to being a jobber anyway
Nani, he might not be the strongest in the guild but he certainly no jobber. Sure he ain't no Natsu but that a high bar to compare him to.

Like post phantom, he took down some serious threats like that owl guy that ate Natsu, Racer, Ultear, Rufus, Diorate, silver, tempester, and even mard geer.

I like Gray a lot, it's just always felt like he was playing third fiddle to Natsu and Erza

So I've internally always seen him as a Mid Tier character

Nani, he might not be the strongest in the guild but he certainly no jobber. Sure he ain't no Natsu but that a high bar to compare him to.

Like post phantom, he took down some serious threats like that owl guy that ate Natsu, Racer, Ultear, Rufus, Diorate, silver, tempester, and even mard geer.
Meh that is good for him since it makes him not look like a joke but the guy had assistence on most of those fights, also he was being used as a jobber in 100YQ a lot

Like i don't hate gray but i sure expected more of on of the main characters than to be used as a jobber for elfman of all people

Meh that is good for him since it makes him not look like a joke but the guy had assistence on most of those fights, also he was being used as a jobber in 100YQ a lot
When did he job in 100 years quest? the only time he's lost so far is against the 3 Dragon eaters due to hax, and hakune who also uses hax and he got that loss back by beating her. So far he's basically only lost via hax which isn't a good measure for jobbing.

I guess that means Natsu is a jobber too given he lost to Hakune and Suzaku in one hit like gray has.

When did he job in 100 years quest? the only time he's lost so far is against the 3 Dragon eaters due to hax, and hakune who also uses hax and he got that loss back by beating her. So far he's basically only lost via hax which isn't a good measure for jobbing.

I guess that means Natsu is a jobber too given he lost to Hakune and Suzaku in one hit like gray has.
It is mainly him scaling bellow mira and elfman that rubs people off, since it throws every one of his high tier feats performed in alvares direct into the garbage can

I will not defend natsu though, homever on his case is more PIS than anything

I clarified that Base Neinhart's Physical Durability is "Unknown" and that it's his Historia's that have the Durability Feats since he himself has 0 Durability feats, this doesn't really effect anyone's ratings outside of Jellal's one-shot feat being less impressive than it was originally

Does anyone take issue with this?

I clarified that Base Neinhart's Physical Durability is "Unknown" and that it's his Historia's that have the Durability Feats since he himself has 0 Durability feats, this doesn't really effect anyone's ratings outside of Jellal's one-shot feat being less impressive than it was originally

Won't he still be comparable to Brandish?

I definitely don't think his dura needed changing given that Zeref wouldn't let someone into the strongest sect of his army if they can't tank a punch, this also makes Jellal impossible to scale as it's his only AP feat in the arc unless we scale him to Acno which obviously is wrong.

We also know that neinharts magic works via his own stats so he would scale to his historias as their dura comes from his dura if they were originally weaker than him.

I definitely don't think his dura needed changing given that Zeref wouldn't let someone into the strongest sect of his army if they can't tank a punch, this also makes Jellal impossible to scale as it's his only AP feat in the arc unless we scale him to Acno which obviously is wrong.
We know Jellal is far stronger than Neinhart, his magic power flexing alone shook and scared him, also that Zeref point is baseless
We also know that neinharts magic works via his own stats so he would scale to his historias as their dura comes from his dura if they were originally weaker than him.
He doesn't use his magic for physicals though, he doesn't have a single durability feat in the series at all

You know, I initially thought Selene's goals were a bit confusing, but they actually make sense

Selene loves distortion, which is another way of saying she loves chaos. She basically loves being entertained by insane shit happening and believes that chaos leads to more powerful individuals. As well, Selene believes the era of Dragons is over and has agreed with Acnologia that having all of the Dragons disappear is what's the natural next stage of the world. She believes that Humans are the future and being able to rule over Humans is what will give her the ideal world. So Selene basically wants to live in a world with no Dragons in it and rule over all of the Humans as the strongest being in the world. The issue with this is that in Earthland, there are 4 other Dragon Gods equal to her, and she alone is not capable of taking out the other Dragon Gods, which made her plan to take out the other Dragon Gods via outside means. So she traveled to other worlds in hopes of finding people who could erase magic power so that she could have the Dragon Gods magic power get erased and be defeated. Eventually she found Elentir and Faris, and learned that she could erase magic power, so she sent her on a mission to take care of the Five Dragon Gods in Earthland. But eventually, Selene came to like living in Elentir and realized it was the world that she was looking for. Elentir is a world devoid of dragons and only has Humans primarily, so she wanted to rule there. At this point, she basically gave up on defeating the Dragon Gods.

Faris was still on her mission tho, but Selene had given up on this mission at this point, so just for fun, she had Faris awaken Aldoron and said that he can have Earthland, cause now she has Elentir. When Aldoron was defeated, she finally said she will take over Elentir and obtain the ideal world devoid of Dragons that she wanted. However, after fighting Suzaku and coming to see how powerful Humans have become over the years, she realized now that Humans are much stronger than before, they will finally be the key towards tipping the balance of the Five Dragon Gods in her favor, which basically reinvigorated her goal of killing the other Dragon Gods and making Earthland her ideal world.

So she’s back on the mission to kill the other Dragon Gods now that she’s seen the powers of Humans and believes they will allow her to defeat the other Dragon Gods.

@DemonGodMitchAubin ,

Hey Mitch, sorry to bother ya but would you mind checking out this thread again now that the Wraith scaling is over, as well as this vs thread?

Also, for your Alta Face calc, what made you decide it was Violent Fragmentation instead of Pulverization? I looked at the beam, and it didn't exactly leave large chunks of the area it blasted, which makes me feel like it was closer to pulverization than Violent Fragmentation.

@DemonGodMitchAubin ,

Hey Mitch, sorry to bother ya but would you mind checking out this thread again now that the Wraith scaling is over, as well as this vs thread?

Also, for your Alta Face calc, what made you decide it was Violent Fragmentation instead of Pulverization? I looked at the beam, and it didn't exactly leave large chunks of the area it blasted, which makes me feel like it was closer to pulverization than Violent Fragmentation.
Calc Member told me to use Violent Frag as it was a safe assumption than Pulverization

Current members, also ivan didn't have the brillhant idea of stabbing august
Tbf from a strategic standpoint Mest made a good call. As having an opportunity to mame or kill the strongest fighter the enemy has without suffering any casualties on your side would have turned the tide of the war at the time. Also knowing that August is Zeref's son he almost certainly wasn't gonna betray him, so negotiations were basically impossible.

Just out of curiosity, who do you guys think is the worst fairy tail member? And why it is Mest and ain't even close
1. Mest for obvious reasons. In fact, in this one crossover fanfic I'm planning that involves Fairy Tail (and One Piece, plus a bunch of others), I plan to make Mest a villain.

2. Aside from him, my least favorite is Wakaba since he and Macau do nothing but perv on and chase women (like Master Roshi or Mineta), but at least Macau is more interesting.

3. In terms of Magic, my least favorite is Cana since even though I LOVE her character (not to mention she is a rare example of a not-badly-done bisexual/lesbian in mainstream manga/anime), her magic is laughable. She needs a huge upgrade stat.

1. Mest for obvious reasons. In fact, in this one crossover fanfic I'm planning that involves Fairy Tail (and One Piece, plus a bunch of others), I plan to make Mest a villain.

2. Aside from him, my least favorite is Wakaba since he and Macau do nothing but perv on and chase women (like Master Roshi or Mineta), but at least Macau is more interesting.

3. In terms of Magic, my least favorite is Cana since even though I LOVE her character (not to mention she is a rare example of a not-badly-done bisexual/lesbian in mainstream manga/anime), her magic is laughable. She needs a huge upgrade stat.
macau ( and romeu for that matter) needed more focus TBH, i find the guys magic underrated

Back