• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

It would be interesting if we got more Generations of other Slayers like there are Dragon Slayers since including the Dragon Eaters as the 5th, we now have 5 Generations of Dragon Slayers, for example what generation of Devil Slayer are Gray and Silver since they didn't directly learn it from a demon and even then had different methods between each other or did Silver learn it from a demon named Zero? How did Sherria, Oga and Zancrow learn their God Slaying Magic and what generation?

I'm like 99% sure that God Slayer Magic and Devil Slayer Magic are just derivatives of Dragon Slayer Magic, people must have seen how the magic enchants Dragon's power onto people and wondered if the same could have done with a God and Demon's power

Ok I've finally decided to bring this up

Igneel’s Power+FDKM Natsu hit a defenseless Base Zeref with a full powered blow and Zeref survived it while still standing, Dragon Force Natsu used a FDKM Attack to hit a defenseless Fairy Heart Zeref with a full powered blow and vaporized his entire body, this means that Natsu should get a Dragon Force+FDKM key that would be Low 6-B via scaling above his Igneel’s Power+FDKM key

I had been reluctant to bring this up for a long time for two reasons, the first reason being that I felt a Dragon Force key would encompass both his regular attacks and FDKM attacks, and that Natsu didn't really need 6 forms within one key, with the second reason being that for the longest time, I have felt that this feat was a complete outlier and that it didn't really count since Zeref basically let Natsu hit him and intentionally left himself defenseless so he could flex his Time Magic

But since both these feats involved Zeref intentionally leaving his body defenseless and wanting to take as much damage as possible, I felt that it would be valid to prove that DF+FDKM>Igneel's Power+FDKM and that it would be valid to add to Natsu's profile, the key would work like this...

Small Country level with DF+FDKM (Completely vaporized Fairy Heart Zeref’s defenseless body, which makes this form stronger than his FDKM+Igneel’s Powered Form, which was only able to moderately damage Base Zeref’s defenseless body)

What do people think about adding this DF+FDKM key and having it be Low 6-B via scaling above his Igneel's Power+FDKM key?

Why no High 6-A DF+FDKM
Because that feat is a complete outlier for scaling to FH Zeref in my mind, Zeref just stood there defenselessly and let Natsu hit him with everything he had, Base Zeref was still confident that he could beat DF Natsu on his own, so it makes no sense for DF Natsu to be close to FH Zeref, that feat is a complete outlier in my mind, I just find that feat to be invalid as hell

Zeref just wanted to flex his Time Magic

if Zeref let himself be hit then this shouldn’t be used. Not only that but u want it to be as strong as an even more powerful transformation?

if Zeref let himself be hit then this shouldn’t be used. Not only that but u want it to be as strong as an even more powerful transformation?
Was this directed at me? Because if it was, both the feats I mentioned involve Zeref intentionally letting himself be hit and have him be defenseless, hence why the comparison would be legitimate

Zeref left himself defenseless both times and DF+FDKM did better than Igneel's Power+FDKM

It really wouldn’t by the mere fact u LET himself get hit and no you want something a lot weaker to be comparable to an even more powerful ver. That Natsu said himself was greater

So if i hit someone (who is like casually 3x stronger than I am) and he let me hurt to to flex, I should scale to him?

It really wouldn’t by the mere fact u LET himself get hit and no you want something a lot weaker to be comparable to an even more powerful ver. That Natsu said himself was greater

So if i hit someone (who is like casually 3x stronger than I am) and he let me hurt to to flex, I should scale to him?
I think you are misunderstanding me, I am definitely not suggesting scaling DF+FDKM Natsu to Fairy Heart Zeref, Zeref let himself get hit intentionally, so the feat isn't valid for scaling Natsu to Fairy Heart Zeref at all

What I am saying is that when Igneel's Power+FDKM Natsu hit a Zeref who wanted to be hit and left himself defenseless, he was only injured

But when DF+FDKM Natsu hit a Zeref who wanted to be hit and left himself defenseless, he completely vaporized him

In both feats, Zeref intentionally left himself defenseless, that means that the feats between the two forms can be properly compared and therefore DF+FDKM is stronger than Igneel's Power+FDKM for that very reason

Last edited:
I mean it makes sense to me

because remember that Igneel powered FDKM Natsu was constantly growing weaker throughout that fight anyway due to him using up the little remains of Igneel’s power that he had left inside of him

so natsu using the final and ultimate state that a Dragon slayer can attain plus FDKM seems more powerful than a FDKM that is using the little temporary remains of power that a already dead non full power dragon left inside of him

I mean Igneel had to leave Natsu with like a fraction of power to use against Zeref

Because according to Metalicana when Igneel emerged from Natsu to engage Acnologia in battle during that battle Igneel had to use up the last of his strength so when Igneel left Natsu’s body he took most of his strength with him and just left Natsu with pretty much whatever was left over which was pretty much nothing

Because during the battle Natsu only got off 1 attack once he entered FDKM before Igneel’s power ran out

so to me what Mitch is proposing makes sense

It still wouldn’t make sense. The mere fact is that Zeref still let himself get hit regardless and tbh that shouldn’t work.

So War Arc DF (High 6-C+) + FDKM (4X Multiplier) is not on par or more powerful that Igneel's Power (High 6-C+) + FDKM (4X Multiplier) which is only worth 2 attacks (Which possibly gets weaker when used)?

So War Arc DF (High 6-C+) + FDKM (4X Multiplier) is not on par or more powerful that Igneel's Power (High 6-C+) + FDKM (4X Multiplier) which is only worth 2 attacks (Which possibly gets weaker when used)?
No, I’m saying DF+FDKM is stronger than Igneel’s Power+FDKM feat-wise

DF + FDKM is canonically weaker than Igneel power + FDKM, this is why zeref states that DF won't be enough as it's overall weaker than Igneel enpowered natsu.

DF + FDKM is canonically weaker than Igneel power + FDKM, this is why zeref states that DF won't be enough as it's overall weaker than Igneel enpowered natsu.
Hmmm, that is a solid point I guess, but still we are shown feat-wise that DF+FDKM is better than Igneel’s Power+FDKM

Do we still want a DF+FDKM key at all? If we did have one, it would still be Low 6-B since it’s 4x DF

Last edited:
I mean sure Zeref stated that DF wouldn’t be enough to beat him

But he also didn’t say that Igneel’s power 100% would be enough to beat him

I mean sure Zeref made this statement https://***********.com/read-online/Fairy-Tail-chapter-524-page-10.html

But keep in mind this statement is made in a earlier chapter and it was before Natsu even pulled out DF so Zeref could be making that statement since Igneel’s power is gone than would just leave Natsu’s base form as Zeref didn’t know Natsu would pull out DF

and not only that But the statement doesn’t necessarily mean strength he could just be talking about the power to possibly kill an immortal that comes with using the power of the dead

I mean we saw that the first attack Natsu threw even when using igneels power and even still when Zeref let himself be hit it still didn’t do much in the first place so I doubt that a 2nd attack that has even less of igneels power behind it would have done much better

And DF+FDKM Natsu has the same level if not better feats than Igneel powered FDKM both were able to burn away Zeref’s black magic and both were Abel to damage Zeref it’s just DF did more damage than Igneel powered Natsu

So feat wise it’s still valid

Anyway I personally don’t mind a key

I honestly never thought Igneel power + FDKM > DF+FDKM by feats or lore

You could also argue Natsu was high off his FoE against FH Zeref during the first fight if you don't want to believe Igneel's power up is weaker

That logic is stretched paper thin.

You have to remember that Zeref already knew about Natsu's ability to go DF and he knows about FDKM so given he already used it on him earlier. Zeref has also the 2nd best sensing abilities in the verse coupled with his genius intellect. Zerefs statement is cut and dry. Also Occam's Razor exists so yeet.

Also I'm fine with this key I just think that it shouldn't scale above Igneel power + FDKM.

That logic is stretched paper thin.

You have to remember that Zeref already knew about Natsu's ability to go DF and he knows about FDKM so given he already used it on him earlier. Zeref has also the 2nd best sensing abilities in the verse coupled with his genius intellect. Zerefs statement is cut and dry. Also Occam's Razor exists so yeet.

Also I'm fine with this key I just think that it shouldn't scale above Igneel power + FDKM.
You know, it doesn't really matter in hindsight, since Igneel's Power+FDKM and DF+FDKM would be Low 6-B regardless and scale to the same AP regardless, we really don't need to argue which form is better since they are guaranteed to scale to the same AP anyways

Imma make a quick CRT for this

Ya know now that I think about it

Zeref’s statement about Igneel’s power being capable of actually defeating him can also be evidence to suggest just how strong Acnologia is and just how far above he is than base Zeref and his army

Because if Acnologia can defeat a full power alive Igneel

But yet a half dead Igneel that emerged from Natsu that took nearly all of his remaining half dead energy with him to go engage Acnologia and just left inside Natsu a few attack worths of fractions of his power is capable of defeating full power base Zeref

Then imagine just how far above a alive full power Igneel would be above base Zeref

Basically
Post SBT Acnologia>>>War Arc Acnologia>>>pre war arc Acnologia>>>full power alive Igneel>>>Half dead Igneel>>>Fraction of his half dead power>>>Base Zeref>>>the spriggan 12

Ya know now that I think about it

Zeref’s statement about Igneel’s power being capable of actually defeating him can also be evidence to suggest just how strong Acnologia is and just how far above he is than base Zeref and his army

Because if Acnologia can defeat a full power alive Igneel

But yet a half dead Igneel that emerged from Natsu that took nearly all of his remaining half dead energy with him to go engage Acnologia and just left inside Natsu a few attack worths of fractions of his power is capable of defeating full power base Zeref

Then imagine just how far above a alive full power Igneel would be above base Zeref

Basically
Post SBT Acnologia>>>War Arc Acnologia>>>pre war arc Acnologia>>>full power alive Igneel>>>Half dead Igneel>>>Fraction of his half dead power>>>Base Zeref>>>the spriggan 12
Yep pretty much, I mean that's why Acnologia and Igneel are High 6-A, and Zeref is only High 6-C, they are massively above him

"Full Power Alive Igneel>>>Half Dead Igneel"

^This I kinda disagree with tho, there is never a statement made that Igneel is severely weaker, that's an idea that the wider community has spread and it's not true at all, he is somewhat weaker and has shit stamina, but he's not massively weaker than his Prime, there is nothing that suggests that or supports it

DemonGodMitchAubin:
mrvjjbpi2p541.jpg

So do you think Dragon Gods count as being weak to both Dragon Slayer Magic AND God Slayer Magic?

🤔

So do you think Dragon Gods count as being weak to both Dragon Slayer Magic AND God Slayer Magic?

🤔
I don't think so, but then again, what qualifies as a "God" in Fairy Tail is unclear as hell, all we know is that Chronos is a God and loses to God Slayer Magic, the Eighteen Yakuma Battle Gods are just given the title God for their overwhelming power and the same was done for the Dragon Gods, they only have the name God because of their power

Back