• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

I'm extremely disappointed that the Yokai thing has been dismissed immediately, especially after seeing how cool Erza was, but at least Wendy has been useful.

Ok so I added keys for the Yokai Forms of Wendy, Happy, Carla, and Erza

Even tho the forms are mostly useless and appeared for only two chapters, they can be properly tiered as we know they are stronger than before, I only added them purely because having only Lucy have a Yokai Form key would have annoyed me to no end

I may remove these forms at a later date tho... Since they are mostly useless

I agree, said keys don't have a reason to stay.
We know that yokais have special and unique powers (Lucy's water and Happy and Charle's ice resistance) but we don't know if they can employ their own powers in the same way as before. I mean, Wendy shown the healing enchantment, but can she access Dragon Force and such? Can Lucy use her keys or Erza her armors? Personally there are too many unknown things for something that, at the end of the day, is just a power boost with a different character design.
Imho keys should be removed and the images moved to galleries.

I agree, said keys don't have a reason to stay.
We know that yokais have special and unique powers (Lucy's water and Happy and Charle's ice resistance) but we don't know if they can employ their own powers in the same way as before. I mean, Wendy shown the healing enchantment, but can she access Dragon Force and such? Can Lucy use her keys or Erza her armors? Personally there are too many unknown things for something that, at the end of the day, is just a power boost with a different character design.
Imho keys should be removed and the images moved to galleries.
After thinking about it, I agree, I mean the Yokai Forms are more of a result of Youko’s power than the characters themselves

Shouldn't Animus and DF Natsu from the second movie scale to Etherion since Animus eat the staff (Dragon Cry) and just scaling to Etherion would be an acceptable lowball for them?

Shouldn't Animus and DF Natsu from the second movie scale to Etherion since Animus eat the staff (Dragon Cry) and just scaling to Etherion would be an acceptable lowball for them?
I don't think so, no

Animus ate the Dragon Cry which did give him a boost as we clearly see, but he didn't absorb the full power of the staff and add it to his own power, if he did, the magic circles across Ishgar would have disappeared as Dragon Cry's power would be now a part of Animus's power and Dragon Cry wouldn't continue to be used to nuke all of Ishgar, this is proved even more so in the end when Animus absorbed 16 Magic Beams from the Dragon Cry magic circles boosting him again, which signifies that he didn't already have all of Dragon Cry's power and since he only absorbed 16 magic circle beams, he only absorbed a fraction of the full power of the Dragon Cry, which has billions of magic circles all across Ishgar

Basically Animus was using nearly all of the Dragon Cry's power to nuke Ishgar alone, he wasn't channeling that power through himself and therefore Dragonization Natsu didn't overpower the full power of Dragon Cry, he overpowered Animus alone, who was slightly stronger than before

Suzaku looking pretty hype, and Youko about to fight all of Team Natsu at once

Overall a pretty good setup chapter

I wonder where the other Dragon Eaters are hopefully they made it to elentir I actually would like to see a 3 way battle between team Natsu and the Dragon Eaters and Selene and her underlings

New here so not sure if it was brought up before but shouldn't Wall scale to Etherion since he could charge it and fire it? If not scale he should at least have a key for that.

Uh .... no. Iirc, only the anime showed him using the space laser whereas the manga showed him powering an arm laser so its not even close. I can pull the trigger on a gun but that doesn't mean I scale to all guns.

New here so not sure if it was brought up before but shouldn't Wall scale to Etherion since he could charge it and fire it? If not scale he should at least have a key for that.
If we used the anime then yeah Wall would scale, but we only scale the manga and a few anime things that are canon to the manga.

Uh .... no. Iirc, only the anime showed him using the space laser whereas the manga showed him powering an arm laser so its not even close. I can pull the trigger on a gun but that doesn't mean I scale to all guns.
Isn't the ball of energy actually Etherion (the thing they were charging up) and the thing in the sky is just a thing to point to a location to fire it hence why they called it "Satellite Square". When they say "Release Etherion" they pointing to the ball of energy which then goes up to the Satellite Square and it fires it. And the ball of energy is gone after is fired.
Rr9fSb6.jpg
E5KxoKK.jpg
qXsVUMJ.jpg
Wall does charge the attack also.
aN3H0bB.jpg

It's still an outlier in my eyes, Irene, one of the strongest Spriggans strongest attack is High 6-C, so Wall shouldn't be higher than that

It's still an outlier in my eyes, Irene, one of the strongest Spriggans strongest attack is High 6-C, so Wall shouldn't be higher than that
Wouldn't that just mean Irene also scales to it, and any other Spriggans stronger than him. None of Acno strongest attacks are 6B+ or higher yet he scale to higher stats, same for other characters. Not every character are going to show stronger attacks (visual-wise and pixel-scaling wise) than other weaker characters.

Well even then, we have no proof his version is equal in power to the main Etherion

Well even then, we have no proof his version is equal in power to the main Etherion
We have no proof that's his is different either. He called it Etherion and they never mention any other one in the manga. All we know from Etherion is that is a ball of energy that requires >2.7 billion Edeas of Magic Power.

We have no proof that's his is different either. He called it Etherion and they never mention any other one in the manga. All we know from Etherion is that is a ball of energy that requires >2.7 billion Edeas of Magic Power.
Burden of proof requires you to prove that Wall's Etherion is equal to the real one and it's not like the Spriggans have any feats even remotely close to 6-A

Burden of proof requires you to prove that Wall's Etherion is equal to the real one and it's not like the Spriggans have any feats even remotely close to 6-A
Isn't it the other way around. You claiming there's different versions of Etherion when there was never any mention of it throughout the manga. It's like saying two different attacks have the same name. Not even the same type of Dragon Slayers have the same name attacks. IIRC the Satellite Square are just magic circles that allow the magic council to fire it anywhere in the world. Wall could just probably only fire it from his hand.

Isn't it the other way around. You claiming there's different versions of Etherion when there was never any mention of it throughout the manga. It's like saying two different attacks have the same name. Not even the same type of Dragon Slayers have the same name attacks. IIRC the Satellite Square are just magic circles that allow the magic council to fire it anywhere in the world. Wall could just probably only fire it from his hand.
1. No, Natsu and Igneel both have Fire Dragon Slayer Magic, but that does not mean X784 Base Natsu is on the level of Igneel, so Wall having his own Etherion would not guarantee it is as strong as the original Etherion

2. Name one feat or statement that puts the Spriggans even remotely close in power to 6-A, because if you can’t, then it’s a mega outlier, even then, the strongest Spriggan is High 6-C, Deus Sema was clearly meant to be a show of strength feat, so claiming that it’s not a limiter of power is a little silly to me

1. No, Natsu and Igneel both have Fire Dragon Slayer Magic, but that does not mean X784 Base Natsu is on the level of Igneel, so Wall having his own Etherion would not guarantee it is as strong as the original Etherion

2. Name one feat or statement that puts the Spriggans even remotely close in power to 6-A, because if you can’t, then it’s a mega outlier, even then, the strongest Spriggan is High 6-C, Deus Sema was clearly meant to be a show of strength feat, so claiming that it’s not a limiter of power is a little silly to me
I agree with Mitch. No spriggan has near a 6-A feat, besides august with ars-magia which is only a suicide attack itself that doesn’t even apply to his AP.

Isn't the ball of energy actually Etherion (the thing they were charging up) and the thing in the sky is just a thing to point to a location to fire it hence why they called it "Satellite Square". When they say "Release Etherion" they pointing to the ball of energy which then goes up to the Satellite Square and it fires it. And the ball of energy is gone after is fired.
Rr9fSb6.jpg
E5KxoKK.jpg
qXsVUMJ.jpg
Wall does charge the attack also.
aN3H0bB.jpg
The ball of magic is above the square. No panel shows it travelling up to the square and we can see the patterns of the square on the floor beneath the chanters.

Ok I'll leave it at that then not trying to start a back and forth argument.

The ball of magic is above the square. No panel shows it travelling up to the square and we can see the patterns of the square on the floor beneath the chanters.
Before Etherion was charged the Satellite Square didn't had the ball on it. After they charge it and they said Release Etherion it was there. And after they fired it, it wasn't there. The only explanation is that it travel there.
See it's not there before they said "Release Etherion"
D03gtfN.jpg
Rr9fSb6.jpeg
E5KxoKK.jpeg
qXsVUMJ.jpeg

Last edited:
Before Etherion was charged the Satellite Square didn't had the ball on it. After they charge it and they said Release Etherion it was there. And after they fired it, it wasn't there. The only explanation is that it travel there.
See it's not there before they said "Release Etherion"
D03gtfN.jpg
But that isn’t them shooting a ball up there. They just charged it right there unless you have a panel that shows them shooting the ball ip to the square.

But that isn’t them shooting a ball up there. They just charged it right there unless you have a panel that shows them shooting the ball ip to the square.
The Satellite Square was located over the TOH which was located at the coast of Ca-Elum and the magic council was located in another country hence why they said they would be attacking another country. So it had to travel over there. All I'm saying is that the ball of Energy is Etherion and the target thing is called the Satellite Square. Not arguing about who scales to what anymore.

Quick question Would Erza being Abel to pull out the Holy Hammer during her battle with Cobra count as Instinctive reaction or a minor form of it?? Or would it just count as a flaw with cobra’s mind reading

Because Cobra was reading her though process and countering and following her moves that entire fight and all their previous fights as well but yet at one point Erza was Abel to pull out the Holy Hammer mere moments before being hit by his dragon roar which cobra says he was not expecting despite him reading her thoughts up until that point as well as after that point so it seems like Erza was able to perform that action out of Instinct

And the English dub has Cobra saying
Yet the Sub on Crunchyroll is a little different and has the conversation go as the following

Cobra uses the Roar and mere moments before it hits Erza she counters by pulling out the Holy Hammer

Cobra- “What”

Erza- “this ancient weapon is to keep evil at bay”

Erza- “I see. It can be used like this to”

Cobra- “I guess you can’t ask about what you don’t know, huh?”

Cobra- “I didn’t expect you’d pull that out at the eleventh hour!”

Erza- “Try listening to my heart!”

Cobra then hears her thoughts and says- “Take me with You!?.... server the chain...You intend to take us both down?!
(Episode 149 and the time stamp as 14:20-14:55)

None of that insinuates Instinctive Reactions, not to mention using the Dubs is always a genuine awful idea.

At best I'd say resistance to Telepathy via Holy Hammer but since she's already saying "My holy hammer wards off evil." Cobra in this case is evil so ergo his mind reading wouldn't work, this just means that her Holy Hammer is capable of nullifying even thought based and passive hax which is pretty busted.

None of that insinuates Instinctive Reactions, not to mention using the Dubs is always a genuine awful idea.

At best I'd say resistance to Telepathy via Holy Hammer but since she's already saying "My holy hammer wards off evil." Cobra in this case is evil so ergo his mind reading wouldn't work, this just means that her Holy Hammer is capable of nullifying even thought based and passive hax which is pretty busted.
Alright that makes more sense thanks for answering my question

Back