• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Fairy Tail 100 Year Quest Discussion Thread: Post-Void Saga

I am literally only here to see Natsu use DF and do cool shit again, because that's the only thing I want to happen that I also know will happen. Other than that yeah I'm slowly moving away from FT.

Guessing Minerva is gunna be 5-B or 5-A after this fight concludes. I'm prob one of the few that doesn't care for dragon force. I always thought dragon king mode was more hype. Whether its Lightning Dragon king mode or fire. Prob because it sounds cooler or the concept itself is more unique. Everyone has dragon force but is everybody a fire dragon king?

Interesting feat for Minerva that she didn’t just went down by a giant, so the greater the size the greater the affect of her magic is. Interesting.

Tho the Sis space basically a dream world, hope it is not like Misaki’s Imagination world.

so it looks like as a doll, he is much like the Historia and not at full power as is considered a dead man.

It was nice that Sting was considered by Athena. Though i am not so sure where Athena stands as of now.

Loool Signario chick using the powers of Misaki and Haku rn. Funny. Intentional? Prob not.

Idk whats up with gray hyping up god serena. Or Anybody atp. Hes a cool character but still milking that strongest in ishgar is bogus. Please stop. He wasnt stronger than Laxus, Gildarts, Natsu, Erza, Mirajane, Jellal, etc in the spriggan arc. Especially not now. His whole thing is he was the strongest in ishgar than he wasnt. Im fine with seeing him im just over that i was/is the strongest in ishgar. Congrats you beat up gajeel a character whom is probably on the level of gray atp. Which isnt saying much since i think Lucy is stronger than current gray

Last edited:
Loool Signario chick using the powers of Misaki and Haku rn. Funny. Intentional? Prob not.

Idk whats up with gray hyping up god serena. Or Anybody atp. Hes a cool character but still milking that strongest in ishgar is bogus. Please stop. He wasnt stronger than Laxus, Gildarts, Natsu, Erza, Mirajane, Jellal, etc in the spriggan arc. Especially not now. His whole thing is he was the strongest in ishgar than he wasnt. Im fine with seeing him im just over that i was/is the strongest in ishgar. Congrats you beat up gajeel a character whom is probably on the level of gray atp. Which isnt saying much since i think Lucy is stronger than current gray
I hate that he's spitting.

Well when you put him up against Acno, that is not really a high bar to clear for the other FT members. And we saw what a nerfed GS could do back then.

Nerfed god serena you mean the historia? Honestly even that wasnt impressive because he didnt actually harm any of the fairy tail members just kinda overwhelmed them by spamming different elements. And they were all at base iirc. There's no saying what he would do if Natsu went fire dragon king mode. And im pretty sure every spriggan on introduction stomped a base wizard. Ajeel was gunna "solo" all of fairy tail on his introduction. AJeel's introduction showcase was more dominant than what god serena did to the base fairy tail members imo. But i do think God serena is stronger than the average spriggan. I put him and invel on same level to me personally. Which i consider middle of the pack regarding spriggans. With brandish, Ajeel, and Jacob being the lowest imo.

Mira is alot stronger but because she's a demon she'll just get countered by his magic. Gray acted like he was almost about to die fighting a mira at her limit. So not only did he have advantage in that, but his magic is literally her counter. So she's stronger, faster, but because he's a devil slayer he'll automatically be effective at fighting her so doesnt have much to do with his actual strength his magic is made to fight demons. So pop Alegria and one shot but she wont so gray

The Fight between Gray and Mira, who do you think would have won if they fight for real?
As much as I bag on Gray, he won a two on one in base against two equally strong albeit weakened opponents while holding back. Elfman is around as strong as Mira's Satan Soul in his lesser beast souls. Gray took them both on while holding back and still won. Him being exhausted was overplayed because he had several more fights after that and managed fine. DS Gray is probably handling Mirajane easily scaling wise, narratively I don't know the S class get their dick sucked constantly.

Gray doesnt scale above Mira or elfman. The only thing that would actually help against Mira is him being a devil slayer. Mirajane in only satan soul is even with Skullion raider whom devil slayer gray was weaker then until new feats are presented. Yea im aware he should be stronger than he was back then, it but he doesnt have anything to show for it gotta use the events of his latest fights. Base Gray isnt Base Natsu level. Devil slayer gray is base natsu level. Him fighting elfman and Mira while they were on their last legs and was huffing like he was about to die in the process. We dont even know if Base gray is what did it. Its just assumed because thats what we saw when it panels back over after an offscreen. But he can easily just cancel his power after the fight is over. For all we know, Gray used devil slayer mark, almost died, reverted back to normal.

Base Gray also wouldnt make sense as devil slayer mark gray is comparable to base natsu and Erza. So the two of them were either so weak that base was only needed or B, he used his ice devil slayer and still struggled on two weak opponents. His only advantage against Mira is he's her slayer so he'd be extra effective against her. Like Sherria and Dimaria. Since they both use takeover it should behave similarly to what happened to Dimaria. Even base Mirajne should be effective by his magic because of the demon particles.

So i do think gray beats a healthy Satan soul Mirajane only because she's a demon. As far as Elfman, maybe him too with more difficulty. If he didnt have devil slayer, meaning let's just assume the marks is just a magic power amp with no demon properties, she would win mid-high difficulty.

Didn’t Gray almost lose to weaken and tired Mira? While she was fighting in base satan soul? She should beat him 9/10 in a normal fight and that’s only counting her second and third forms.

Yes but people use the argument he was in base which i dont think was confirmed. And i think he beats satan soul. Not because he's stronger, but because she's a demon. Sitri, Seilah, and Alegria should bop him. Actually nvm Seilah might be sketch against devil slayer mark

Yes but people use the argument he was in base which i dont think was confirmed. And i think he beats satan soul. Not because he's stronger, but because she's a demon. Sitri, Seilah, and Alegria should bop him. Actually nvm Seilah wont work on devil slayer
Why would her being a demon matter if he didn't use Devil Slaying Magic? He was in base form, he expressed earlier against the Thunder Tribe he didn't like using that power and was forced to because of script sealing.

And yes, we scale Gray higher than Mirajane on this site. She's High 6A, current Base Gray is 5B and higher in Devil Slayer. So this entire argument you've constructed is moot. Mira beating Gray 9 times outta 10 isn't supported.

This Gray actually used DS and then reverted off screen isn't a strong argument since you can't prove he didn't just fight them in base form. Mashima himself said on a stream Gray is intended to be as strong as Natsu, so even narratively this is supported.

Mira and Elfman weren't on their last legs, they were battle fatigued but we never see them on deaths door.

For further evidence, DS Gray easily defeated Hakune, who was able to easily freeze base Natsu and Gray. That's the same level Mira scales to at best. Meaning DS Gray more or less one tapped someone who easily defeated Base Natsu tier people, like Mirajane.

Didn’t Gray almost lose to weaken and tired Mira? While she was fighting in base satan soul? She should beat him 9/10 in a normal fight and that’s only counting her second and third forms.
He beat a battle fatigued Elfman and Mira, who are relative in power, in a two vs one in his base form. Him being exhausted after was mostly overplayed, he could fight just fine after.

Gray and natsu are comparable yes. Up to a point. Its like using Gajeel or sting and saying they are still his rivals. They arent. They only contend base natsu. Gray isnt natsu's rival anymore. Neither is sting, neither is Gajeel. Does this mean they can never be his rivals again? no. As of right now his only consistent rival is Erza.

How are you gunna say i have to prove he beat them in devil slayer mark, and you didnt prove he beat them in base? It was an off screen fight. Y'all took a panel of a post fight and said he did in in base. So again either they were so weak only base was needed, or he barely edged out with devil slayer mark against two targets that were weak... In what world would it make sense Gray can beat two opponent's whom scale as high as someome who beat him up? (This was when Gray was high 6-A btw.) So gray was weaker than skullion raider, in his strongest form, yet beat two people as strong as skullion at once in base. While still being high 6-A. Does that make much sense? So again they are super weak, or a decently bit weak and he used devil slayer mark.

Yes him being 5-B would matter if it was a vs thread. But its not a versus thread. Im talking about how he has no feats that put him above mirajane. He could have a feat next fight that automatically confirms his win. Im talking about how when that 2v1 happened he wasnt stronger and since then he has no feats to prove he scales above. The only thing we have is assumption. He should always be comparable to Natsu, he was willing to fight Misaki. Thats all we have. He doesnt have actual feats. And if we are using the logic he should always be on the level of natsu then you could use the argument for Mirajane and Erza which automatically buffs her to 5-B-5-A even off screen as they should always be rivals.

Its not fanboyism if Gray lost to Skullion raider, yet beats two people as strong as him together while in base. (Again this was when he was high 6-A). Oh and it was devil slayer gray that lost btw. The rational thought it, they were so weak it was a possible accomplishment. Or they are weak and he used devil slayer mark. Either or isn't impressive. I dare say its an anti feat for Gray. If he was fine after the fight it would be a minor feat but the fact buddy acted like he was about to die is an anti feat meaning its more of a they are just that strong rather then gray is just that strong or gray isnt that strong either way you look at it

Gray and natsu are comparable yes. Up to a point. Its like using Gajeel or sting and saying they are still his rivals. They arent. They only contend base natsu. Gray isnt natsu's rival anymore. Neither is sting, neither is Gajeel. Does this mean they can never be his rivals again? no. As of right now his only consistent rival is Erza.

How are you gunna say i have to prove he beat them in devil slayer mark, and you didnt prove he beat them in base? It was an off screen fight. Y'all took a panel of a post fight and said he did in in base. So again either they were so weak only base was needed, or he barely edged out with devil slayer mark against two targets that were weak... In what world would it make sense Gray can beat two opponent's whom scale as high as someome who beat him up? (This was when Gray was high 6-A btw.) So gray was weaker than skullion raider, in his strongest form, yet beat two people as strong as skullion at once in base. While still being high 6-A. Does that make much sense? So again they are super weak, or a decently bit weak and he used devil slayer mark.

Yes him being 5-B would matter if it was a vs thread. But its not a versus thread. Im talking about how he has no feats that put him above mirajane. He could have a feat next fight that automatically confirms his win. Im talking about how when that 2v1 happened he wasnt stronger and since then he has no feats to prove he scales above. The only thing we have is assumption. He should always be comparable to Natsu, he was willing to fight Misaki. Thats all we have. He doesnt have actual feats. And if we are using the logic he should always be on the level of natsu then you could use the argument for Mirajane and Erza which automatically buffs her to 5-B-5-A even off screen as they should always be rivals.
Weak arguments ngl. Mashima made that statement about Gray being as strong as Natsu when Natsu was fighting Dogramag. If Gray scales anywhere near that Natsu, he stomps Mira.

As for him losing to Skullion, it was plot everyone needed to lose. Later DS Gray one taps Hakune whose above base Natsu tier people anyway. The Skullion fight isn't ficking relevant anymore since it's a previous arc and was a standard round one loss they have every arc. Using it as a counter for Aldo arc Gray's performance isn't valid.

Also, simplest explanation is usually the go to. Gray said he didn't like using DS against his friends, and he was never seen using it against Mira or Elfman, so it's safe to say he didn't use it. You've offered no evidence otherwise. I can just as easily say Mira used her strongest form in that fight and it would be just as valid according to you. Gray being in base is standard assumption, especially given how he only used it against the Thunder Tribe because he was forced to. So yeah, you have to prove Gray wasn't in base.

Also Erza and Mira aren't really rivals. There is no statement from Mashima about it. So that doesn't buff Mira to Erza at all. Go look at Gray's profile and read the scan for yourself.

Its not fanboyism if Gray lost to Skullion raider, yet beats two people as strong as him together while in base. (Again this was when he was high 6-A). Oh and it was devil slayer gray that lost btw. The rational thought it, they were so weak it was a possible accomplishment. Or they are weak and he used devil slayer mark. Either or isn't impressive. I dare say its an anti feat for Gray.
It was a round one loss, everyone has round one losses. It's plot. And besides Aldo happens after that arc, I can just assume Gray got stronger. Hell, we can argue that Gray is just so skilled in combat he can fight two people as strong as him at once. He frequently boxes with Natsu in H2H. But using a loss in a past arc to downplay someone's feat in the next arc is dumb, especially when in Fairy Tail people get randomly stronger for plot all the time.

If i'm being real the whole 5-B stuff in itself isn't accurate to what's in the manga. Kiria should be 5-B, Madmole should be 5-B, and SKullion should be 5-B. But they arent. You are going entirely on the profiles when its not a versus thread. If it was there i couldnt argue because i would need a crt to argue what im arguing.
Your hanging onto the 5-B which would die immediately if the other characters got their proper ratings.

Plot? Mmmmkay..

I dont remember exactly but did their fight happen in that other world? Didnt they have extra magic power there? I could be remembering wrong though.

All that does it sound more like he did use it. Not wanting to use it against friends. Meaning he was expecting he would have to if neccessary no?

"especially when in Fairy Tail people get randomly stronger for plot all the time." Right so Mirajane would auto scale next time she shows gotcha

Back