• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

**** Failed Knight's Japanese Nationalism (Cole MacGrath vs Stella Vermillion)

Scottycj256

He/Him
Speed Equalized
10 meters apart
SBA
Stella is in SSSAF Dragon Spirit, Cole is in his Good Karma inFAMOUS 2 key (and the RFI depending on whether the match is too stompy without it)

Stella Vermillion:
Rakudai_stella.png

Cole MacGrath: 5 (Deceived, azontr, CoreOfBalance, Scottycj256, Harith0cell)

Cole-macgrath-psallstars.png

Incon:

Last edited:
So if I'm reading this right. By manipulating the concept of "Dragon" Stella passively generates heat so great that it warps space and draws everything near to her, and when anything gets close to her they are erased from existence because they skip the process of becoming plasma because the heat is so great. What does Cole do?

Lots and lots of danmaku (Which is strangely not in his profile). Got homing lightning, AOE lightning, all kinds of lightning, tornadoes that pick you up. Pretty much all electric attacks he has causes his enemies to convulse cause y'know, lightning coursing through your veins.

He also has ice abilities that can freeze others. That's gonna be helpful in keeping the heat off, but he can already resist heat from the Beast. It's more of a method to slow her down.

I won't compare heat res for now but in the first place Cole plays the ranged game anyway. He has a lot of keep away options. Flight. Iirc SBA is usually New York City? If I'm wrong call me out but if it is a city, Cole has a lot of methods to get away through rails and so on.

If Stella uses a metal weapon then magnetism can also further help in combat since Cole can just stop the swing with one hand (or redirect it) and bombard her with lightning on his free hand. (Take note that Cole with just his raw power is Class K, but Stella does have the lifting strength advantage)

To add on, as long as Cole has a source of electricity he can absorb it to heal himself up.

If Stella has some good electric resistance she can definitely keep fighting Cole. Otherwise I'm unsure if this is a fair match.

Edit - Misread the Key. Cole can survive the heat as Scot said, and he plays keep away anyway.

Last edited:
Adding this on since I gotta go, Cole also can reflect projectiles with shockwaves or absorb them with his shields (bullets, beams, etc).

Stella's Trackless Step seems like the key to winning for her here. But does she reveal herself when she attacks? Because that would mean she'd be on the receiving end of arcs of lightning.

So if I'm reading this right. By manipulating the concept of "Dragon" Stella passively generates heat so great that it warps space and draws everything near to her, and when anything gets close to her they are erased from existence because they skip the process of becoming plasma because the heat is so great. What does Cole do?
no sell it because his heat resistance is 100 million celsius compared to her passive heat of 15 million celsius

The average temperature that it takes for something to become plasma is like 9000 celsius, which is way below her base passive heat anyways.

The only threat her passive ability has to Cole is her spatial manipulation. But he has resisted the pull of the Beast's macro quantum black hole and fired pot shots while doing so if that means anything.

Cole's electricity is also 100 million Celsius due to damaging the Beast with it

Stella doesnt have electricity resistance, but does have heat resistance (which as I said only goes up to 15 million celsius)

Yeah the only wincon Stella has is using her spatial manip to **** with Cole and then skewer him, but he's a ranged fighter so there's a slim chance of it happening. Fear manip could also play a factor in deciding victory but Cole has mind resistance.

In a melee fight Stella is going to trump Cole, so he's limited to just ranged attacks. She also has the ability to grow vastly faster and stronger than Cole as the fight goes on due to her accelerated development, but Cole probably wouldn't have to worry due to the fact that he can just snipe her with Precision Mode.

Cole can take this mid to low difficulty.

anyways play inFAMOUS 1 and 2 they're really ******* good games

Last edited:
Less of a mid-low diff and more like Cole completely stomps.

Bro deadass has a Macro-Quantum deconstruction death beam in his arsenal lmfao.

The Macro-Quantum matter manipulation is for his polarity wall lol.

The Death manip is for Bio-Leech which he never uses in character as Good Karma.

It has never been shown to work against humans, otherwise it would have been the most broken tool in inFAMOUS 1.

It would transmute her flames into energy for him though :)

I mean has it shown to be ineffective on humans? The profile does not mention this weakness.

I mean has it shown to be ineffective on humans? The profile does not mention this weakness.
In game Cole has ramming his shield that absorbs energy and projectiles is a bit futile so to speak.

Now in character, no. That's never his go to even if he had that ability. Best you got is bio leech which he only uses as a last resort against villains anyway and requires melee contact. Something he'd be avoiding heavily unless forced to.

The profile should prolly mention that Polarity Wall doesn't work on actual people, then.

In game Cole has ramming his shield that absorbs energy and projectiles is a bit futile so to speak.

Now in character, no. That's never his go to even if he had that ability. Best you got is bio leech which he only uses as a last resort against villains anyway and requires melee contact. Something he'd be avoiding heavily unless forced to.
Yeah, this.

In character he spams the **** out of his ranged lightning attacks.

Because it isn't an actual weakness of the ability but rather game mechanics greatly reducing the actual capabilities of the ability. Polarity Wall works through turning anything it interacts within into electrons, which Cole absorbs into himself as energy. The ability has no stated weakness of only working on projectiles or any of the sort, it's only shown to work on projectiles since that's how the developers wished for the ability to act in the game for balancing reasons. That wouldn't be applicable in vs matches which don't have these self-imposed limitations, and since no where in either games, lore wise, state or imply it only works on projectiles it's assumed to also work on other objects as well.

It's like saying the Dragonborn has to wait on a cool down time to use his Thu'um again in vs matches despite the fact that's never stated in lore at all. And is clearly just a way for the developers to balance the game.

The profile should prolly mention that Polarity Wall doesn't work on actual people, then.
The brief cutscene linked to the shield doing that, alongside the fact that no one in their right mind would ever argue for Cole turning people into goop usually is enough.

But sure.

I mean based on what Deceived just said it isn't an actual weakness.

From what I'm understanding, Cole would just never actually opt to use it on a living, breathing human in-character, even if he could if he wanted to.

Can't he just neg all of Stella's attacks that way then lel. Unless the ability has a time limit I'm unaware of.

Because it isn't an actual weakness of the ability but rather game mechanics greatly reducing the actual capabilities of the ability. Polarity Wall works through turning anything it interacts within into electrons, which Cole absorbs into himself as energy. The ability has no stated weakness of only working on projectiles or any of the sort, it's only shown to work on projectiles since that's how the developers wished for the ability to act in the game for balancing reasons. That wouldn't be applicable in vs matches which don't have these self-imposed limitations, and since no where in either games, lore wise, state or imply it only works on projectiles it's assumed to also work on other objects as well.

It's like saying the Dragonborn has to wait on a cool down time to use his Thu'um again in vs matches despite the fact that's never stated in lore at all. And is clearly just a way for the developers to balance the game.
That's fair and true. But I mean that ability actually exists later on in the later games. Delsin, Fetch, Eugene, and Hank themselves can vaporize people in Second Son. But even that's conserved more for 'evil fatality' kills. I can't really agree with the fact that a Good Cole MacGrath would openly use this when even in future games they don't try to.

If it was Evil Cole I'd be more inclined to agree

Edit - Oh wait I think we agree on this

I can't really agree with the fact that a Good Cole MacGrath would openly use this when even in future games they don't try to.
?

I'm not arguing that Good Karma Cole would use Polarity Wall offensively decon someone, that post was specifically about people arguing that Polarity Wall can't decon someone because it isn't shown in the games.

Hell i even said in my next post Good Karma Cole wouldn't use the ability offensively.

?

I'm not arguing that Good Karma Cole would use Polarity Wall offensively decon someone, that post was specifically about people arguing that Polarity Wall can't decon someone because it isn't shown in the games.

Hell i even said in my next post Good Karma Cole wouldn't use the ability offensively.
Yeah I edited my msg clarifying it looks like we agree lol, I was responding before the second post came in

And he can continue using them indefinitely, or not?
He can't use them indefinitely since they require electricity to be active, and since Cole doesn't have infinite amounts of electricity he'll eventually run out, which means Polartiy Wall wouldn't be usable until he refuels himself.

Stella's attacks would be constantly refueling his electricity since he'd be using it to transmute her attacks into more energy, so it seems like a rather efficient way to just neg her the whole fight.

yeah, but Stella still has ways to circumvent Cole's defenses, such as Flame Veil and Trackless Step, as well as just having her Accelerated Development increase her speed and strength over the course of the fight

Edit: I was typing this out as Received put out his response lol

Pretty much one handed to unleash lightning, one hand to defend.

Not really seeing much ways for Stella to win here unless she has a trump card I'm not seeing.

Imma refresh the thread before I post this

He can't use them indefinitely since they require electricity to be active, and since Cole doesn't have infinite amounts of electricity he'll eventually run out, which means Polartiy Wall wouldn't be usable until he refuels himself.
In game actually Cole can just keep Polarity wall up forever, and even recover energy through it. Or would that be more GM?

yeah, but Stella still has ways to circumvent Cole's defenses, such as Flame Veil and Trackless Step, as well as just having her Accelerated Development increase her speed and strength over the course of the fight
Tbh Trackless Step might be the key to this but even that might be countered by Radar Sense. I'm not sure how those two abilities interact with each other. Hold that thought, Veil might be useful

Edit: I was typing this out as Received put out his response lol
She is also in Dragon Spirit so her flames are going to pull Cole in because passive spatial manip

In game actually Cole can just keep Polarity wall up forever, and even recover energy through it. Or would that be more GM?
That's only in Infamous 1, in Infamous 2 Cole steadily loses electricity when using the ability.

It was definitely GM in Infamous 1 since the ability by definition requires electricity to active and keep constant, so ofc it would be using electricity from Cole's reserves, which would drain him.

Cole's heat resistance is over 6x what Stella can dish out(assuming that her flames are 15 million degrees as I was told), so I don't think Cole being pulled in by them really matters if they aren't actually doing anything other than pulling. In fact if her flames pulled him in that'd honestly be worse for Stella.

Back