• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

f/sn saber infinite attack speed scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battleboarders trying to read a series to just enjoy the story without looking for things to wank to prove their characters can beat Goku (CHALLENGE LEVEL: IMPOSSIBLE!!!)

"not even a fraction of a second" literally how more obvious can it get
Because Shirou is not an objectively correct narrator in regards to anything, and consistently utilizes hyperbole even in his thoughts. You know, kinda like a normal human being? Normal people don't constantly try to say everything with 100% accuracy

Because Shirou is not an objectively correct narrator in regards to anything, and consistently utilizes hyperbole even in his thoughts. You know, kinda like a normal human being? Normal people don't constantly try to say everything with 100% accuracy
"shirou" in f/ha isnt actually shirou he's angra

holy shit man. so how are you going to justify every single time Servants and people who scale to them have struggled with bullets that are explicitly around the speed of sound? moved at the speed of sound or only several times the speed of sound with prana bursts? or moving at 400 KMPH? or the fact that time still flows normally during fights? the amount of examples are nigh-infinite that prove this is hyperbole. you're just cherry picking.
1. servants are actively nerfed by both the counter force and gaia and 2. commad spells are given power by the holy grail, which has a direct path to the akasha.

Anyway, Command Spell literaly can perform teleportation regard the distance between Master and Servant, so i think the contexts here is refering to teleportation. Also even if we accept this, Command Spell require the present of Master, it is too restricted situation and require outside help, i don't think we can put that into profile, unless you start scaling everyone to Infinite Speed from Saber

1. servants are actively nerfed by both the counter force and gaia and 2. commad spells are given power by the holy grail, which has a direct path to the akasha.
oh my god, Seth's wank actually spread. the Holy Grail is genuinely shit. that was one of its main plot twist. just look how it planned to deal with Kiritsugu's wish. it literally needs seven Servants for fuel. even Enkidu supposedly is a better wish granter. Akasha/Root scaling is not given out like candy. it is a rare and serious thing. the grail has a pathway to it, but it's a very poor one with extremely limited use.

ah yes, please explain to me and provide evidence as to how Gaia and the Counter Force nerf Servants from infinite speed gods with other crazy shit to what they are shown to be? yes, they are nerfed via containers, but we saw Solomon in a Grand Container. ******* Andersen intercepted his attack and survived it, though with great damage.

Servants are nerfed by their containers, and the level of nerf highly varies from Servant to Servant, depending on their original power.

Command Spells are given by the Grail, but they are ultimately just massive mana tanks. They can let your Servants teleport and do pseudo-true magic shit three times, but you cannot just make your Servant get infinite stats for an instant. Like, the passage of time in this was pretty obviously communicated if you look at the entire scene as opposed to just a few hyperbolic lines

Moreover, even if we use his narration, Shirou mentions that he needs her to jump right after the shot is released. If it was infinite speed then this would not be possible, as her moving any time later than his shot would mean that Shirou would be hit

Moreover, the grail itself is... not really all that it is cranked up to be, most of it was a ******* lie in the first place. It is very heavily limited

Anyway, Command Spell literaly can perform teleportation regard the distance between Master and Servant, so i think the contexts here is refering to teleportation. Also even if we accept this, Command Spell require the present of Master, it is too restricted situation and require outside help, i don't think we can put that into profile, unless you start scaling everyone to Infinite Speed from Saber

No, he is referring to Shirou's narration mentioning that Hrunting took no time to reduce the distance to zero, which is literally textbook hyperbole for "It was really fast", alongside other such examples like "As fast as lightning". Newsflash, most authors utilize literary devices when writing to make the prose more interesting, they are not trying to write a ******* research paper

if you've seen the fight, saber still has a path, also nowhere in the vn does it say that she teleported here

Servants are nerfed by their containers, and the level of nerf highly varies from Servant to Servant, depending on their original power.

Command Spells are given by the Grail, but they are ultimately just massive mana tanks. They can let your Servants teleport and do pseudo-true magic shit three times, but you cannot just make your Servant get infinite stats for an instant. Like, the passage of time in this was pretty obviously communicated if you look at the entire scene as opposed to just a few hyperbolic lines

Moreover, even if we use his narration, Shirou mentions that he needs her to jump right after the shot is released. If it was infinite speed then this would not be possible, as her moving any time later than his shot would mean that Shirou would be hit

Moreover, the grail itself is... not really all that it is cranked up to be, most of it was a ******* lie in the first place. It is very heavily limited

No, he is referring to Shirou's narration mentioning that Hrunting took no time to reduce the distance to zero, which is literally textbook hyperbole for "It was really fast", alongside other such examples like "As fast as lightning". Newsflash, most authors utilize literary devices when writing to make the prose more interesting, they are not trying to write a ******* research paper

Im not talking about hrunting here, im talking about sabers jump, which is what the scene means here

To play a bit of devil's advocate. Just note I still disagree.
Infinite speed would not scale to anyone. It is purely something Saber gets through a specific command spell. This would not scale to regular speed at all. On top of that, this wouldnt be attack speed, merely travel apeed. Saber would have "jumped" the entire distance in 0 seconds. This command spell does not include the attack.

Im not talking about hrunting here, im talking about sabers jump, which is what the scene means here
Saber still evidently needs time to reach Archer. Hrunting reaches Shirou first and gets blocked, then Saber cuts Archer

Edit: Actually, this entire sequence took 2 seconds

To play a bit of devil's advocate. Just note I still disagree.
Infinite speed would not scale to anyone. It is purely something Saber gets through a specific command spell. This would not scale to regular speed at all. On top of that, this wouldnt be attack speed, merely travel apeed. Saber would have "jumped" the entire distance in 0 seconds. This command spell does not include the attack.
the guy is explicitly arguing for infinite attack speed. and on top of not actually showing infinite travel speed as the other guy shows, this would massively break the stories considering masters could amp their Servants travel speed to search the entire planet in zero time to find the location of the other masters, appear right next to them and hit them while completely off guard with an attack at point blank among many other potential uses that just **** everything up.

the guy is explicitly arguing for infinite attack speed. and on top of not actually showing infinite travel speed as the other guy shows, this would massively break the stories considering masters could amp their Servants travel speed to search the entire planet in zero time to find the location of the other masters, appear right next to them and hit them while completely off guard with an attack at point blank among many other potential uses that just **** everything up.
Imagine if this is how HGWs actually went. The moment someone summons a Servant they instantly use a command seal to make their speed infinite, having them kill every single potential Master in an instant

Wars would not happen if this was possible

the distance traveled scales to mana it required a command spell + shirous mana for that scene.. also yes that still qualifies for infinite speed, since saber is still moving a finite distance in 0 time

the distance traveled scales to mana it required a command spell + shirous mana for that scene.. also yes that still qualifies for infinite speed, since saber is still moving a finite distance in 0 time
Shirou/Manjews mana sucks and it already did that much. and on top off that it's clear she did not travel in zero time. you could literally make her charge Excalibur in zero time. Kirei could use a command spell to make Cu charge Gae Bolg in zero time and so on. the uses are massive and would change how the wars are fought even if we do say distance traveled scales to mana. you could use a command spell to make a Servant instantly close the distance on a master in their field of view and at relatively close range to assure immediately victory. at least for the last two masters since you'd have a command spell left over.

it seems like people are ignoring the lines said immediately after the "instant" statement, i dont know if this is intentional or what but the vn blatantly says the time it took saber to travel was "nothing"and " not even a fraction of a second" no hyperbole ,no "flowery language" here
The lines immediately after are that the instant is the one between releasing bowstrings and the shot being fired.

I posted the scene in both english and japanese as proof. Nothing in it is infinite

As I proved above, this is not the case in the slightest unless you are unable to distinguish hyperbole from fact. Moreover, command seals have finite mana, you cannot produce an infinite result with finite energy

And, as I said, Servants being able to achieve infinite speed would completely change how HGWs play out

A instant and a fraction of a second are still subjective time frames, even then reducing the time to cross a finite distance to nothing would fall under trying to move a finite in Distance but 0 in time which (is old as dirt inaccessible speed) isn't a applicable speed.

Toooooo be fair, this is fiction, what even would be the chances someone ACTUALLY thinks of doing that or even KNOW's they can do that? Usually with Infinite or Greater, crazy level's of speed being involved, there is a bit of Character Stupidity involved for not using it as well or as much as they could.

That said though, I'm mainly just here for the shit storm, prolly would disagree though. Heck, I'd argue there's prolly better arguments for infinite speed elsewhere, but that's neither here nor there.

Toooooo be fair, this is fiction, what even would be the chances someone ACTUALLY thinks of doing that or even KNOW's they can do that? Usually with Infinite or Greater, crazy level's of speed being involved, there is a bit of Character Stupidity involved for not using it as well or as much as they could.

That said though, I'm mainly just here for the shit storm, prolly would disagree though. Heck, I'd argue there's prolly better arguments for infinite speed elsewhere, but that's neither here nor there.
fiction does not give us an excuse to accept illogical things that break the story. and if Manjew as Shirou of all people thought of it, much older and smarter mages would have. Servants would also have this knowledge automatically and tell their masters.

and FYI 99% of fiction doesn't qualify for infinite speed. it's just given out like candy by battle boarders for no good reason. it's a type of speed that has to be handled carefully because it's incredibly easy to generate anti-feats.

You literally cannot discuss anything without logic, there's no difference between arguing for something illogical and typing a random string of symbols, as they both add equally as much to the discussion in question

I disagree. The statement is simply flowery language at work and here's why;

1. While "in an instant" is used, it's followed up by "not even a fraction of a second", which implies that Saber is merely moving at an extremely fast speed beyond a fraction of a second, not infinite speed.

2. Shirou is a relatively normal human being. His narration shouldn't always be taken at face-value, especially in these cases. From his perspective, Saber really did jump to Archer's position in an instant because he perceives time like a normal human being would.

3. There are multiple servants faster than Saber who consistently move at only high Mach speeds.

4. Command spells are powerful, but they aren't omnipotent. There are certain things that are outside of their capabilities.

5. It's true that some servants are nerfed by their servant containers, but not all of them are. Among the servants that are nerfed, none of them had infinite speed in life. It was treated as a big deal when Romulus Qurinus, a Grand Servant with a container to match meant to oppose the Beast-Class, moved FTL against Chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back