• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

f/sn saber infinite attack speed scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neutral, leaning on disagree. Even if it is has extra emphasis, I've seen similar flowery descriptions of speed every 10 pages of half the Xianxia's I've read.
Command spells are given by the holy grail, which draws power from the root, its not impossible

Disagree too. It just means that it goes very fast. It says just after that it's "the instant that his fingers released the bowstring and fired". (here in japanese, which says basically same thing)

We also see command spells used to make servants stronger all the time, and they don't have infinite power and speed (in Fate/Zero Iskandar had 3 command spells which were only for this)
The normal commands given to enhance servants are much different than this case. The command shirou gave saber was to wait a tenth of a second, and then immediately jump to the building where archer was posted

the vn clarifies that it does not mean any fraction of a second, and that the time needed to cross was nothing, but let me update the votes
Saying "not even a fraction of a second" doesn't imply that it's actually referring to a literal instant. It's just really really fast. Any evidence to suggest that it should actually be literal.

Saying "not even a fraction of a second" doesn't imply that it's actually referring to a literal instant. It's just really really fast. Any evidence to suggest that it should actually be literal.
No. "Not even a fraction of a second" means exactly that unless the statement is hyperbolic in it's use. 1/n seconds where n is any finite number is still a fraction of a second no matter how infinitesimal it may be

How much more literal does it have to get to suggest that it does mean that? This doesn't sound hyperbolic at all based on the context.

No. "Not even a fraction of a second" means exactly that unless the statement is hyperbolic in it's use. 1/n seconds where n is any finite number is still a fraction of a second no matter how infinitesimal it may be
No? The fact that it even gives a measure confirms that it's just some really low value starting from "a fraction of a second". Of course, the time being "nothing" does pose as a good supporting evidence, but nothing that would warrant a solid infinite speed rating

How much more literal does it have to get to suggest that it does mean that? This doesn't sound hyperbolic at all based on the context.
Something being instantaneous and not just a fraction of a second doesn't imply that it's a literal instant

The normal commands given to enhance servants are much different than this case. The command shirou gave saber was to wait a tenth of a second, and then immediately jump to the building where archer was posted
I don't see how it's different from every other cases.

Also, the "instant" isn't 0 time as shown in text. It is below the speed of light, let alone infinity.

Disagree. Its flowery languange, just saying it was "instant" its not enough to give such a rating. It must have a backing and no contradiction with its other feats in the visual novel to work. This is just like how you see in other novels "this may have seemed like a long time but it was instant", "he crossed the distance in an instant".

In the calculation evaluations, it was accepted that such value "instant" to be given either 1s or 0.25s as timeframe usually.

this has to be a joke. how are you going to reconcile this with literally every actual speed feat ever from Servants that aren't infinite? disagree. it's clearly flowery language. how did people unironically agree with this? the level of wank this verse is getting is going to make it where no one takes it seriously anymore.

I don’t mind Infinite Combat speed, but it will be more consistent with being MFTL or so rather than infinite. So personally, i will stay neutral.
And for people saying flowery language and hyperbole, Saber has dealt with attacks that ignore the time axis, so it isn’t necessarily Hyperbolic.
But I’m still neutral.

I don’t mind Infinite Combat speed, but it will be more consistent with being MFTL or so rather than infinite. So personally, i will stay neutral.
And for people saying flowery language and hyperbole, Saber has dealt with attacks that ignore the time axis, so it isn’t necessarily Hyperbolic.
But I’m still neutral.
It is hyperbolic, the "instant" it refers to is between Archer releasing the bowstrings and the shot being fired; which is at least a fraction of seconds. It is important to the scene.

Disagree. Its flowery languange, just saying it was "instant" its not enough to give such a rating. It must have a backing and no contradiction with its other feats in the visual novel to work. This is just like how you see in other novels "this may have seemed like a long time but it was instant", "he crossed the distance in an instant".

In the calculation evaluations, it was accepted that such value "instant" to be given either 1s or 0.25s as timeframe usually.
it seems like people are ignoring the lines said immediately after the "instant" statement, i dont know if this is intentional or what but the vn blatantly says the time it took saber to travel was "nothing"and " not even a fraction of a second" no hyperbole ,no "flowery language" here

I feel like if there was another instance that backed this up I would agree, but this seems like just moving really fast. I'm gonna disagree

I feel like if there was another instance that backed this up I would agree, but this seems like just moving really fast. I'm gonna disagree
I would agree, if the last statement didnt exist. call it an outlier or whatever, but its clear nasu meant for this to be instantaneous, as shown by the vn clarifiying this a grand total of 3 times.

its literally being spoonfed as blatantly as possible
holy shit man. so how are you going to justify every single time Servants and people who scale to them have struggled with bullets that are explicitly around the speed of sound? moved at the speed of sound or only several times the speed of sound with prana bursts? or moving at 400 KMPH? or the fact that time still flows normally during fights? the amount of examples are nigh-infinite that prove this is hyperbole. you're just cherry picking.

I would agree, if the last statement didnt exist. call it an outlier or whatever, but its clear nasu meant for this to be instantaneous, as shown by the vn clarifiying this a grand total of 3 times.
Nasu also intended for Ciel to beat void Shiki and for servants to be Mach 10. sometimes, Nasu doesn't make sense, but he is a pretty good story writer.

holy shit man. so how are you going to justify every single time Servants have struggled with bullets that are explicitly around the speed of sound? moved at the speed of sound or only several times the speed of sound with prana bursts? or moving a 400 KMPH? or the fact that time still flows normally during fights? the amount of examples are nigh-infinite that prove this is hyperbole. you're just cherry picking.
how many of those battles are with command spell amped servants?

Battleboarders trying to have basic reading comprehension and recognize obvious hyperbole (CHALLENGE LEVEL: IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!)
battle boarders trying to have basic reading comprehension and recognize when something is stated multiple times, it is no longer hyperbole (CHALLENGE LEVEL: IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!)

battle boarders trying to have basic reading comprehension and recognize when something is stated multiple times, it is no longer hyperbole (CHALLENGE LEVEL: IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!)
Battleboarders trying to realize that obvious hyperbole that, if taken seriously, would completely break the narrative flow is not a real feat (CHALLENGE LEVEL: IMPOSSIBLE!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back