• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

f/sn saber infinite attack speed scaling

Status
Not open for further replies.
In hollow ataraxia, during the fight with "Shirou", Saber and Archer,there are multiple statements implying infinite speed, when "Shirou" uses the command spell to buff sabers speed so that she could reach archer before the final shot.

main-qimg-5d9557d99e9ce20d95e02a76325224c1-pjlq

main-qimg-09c31aafebfc9de71c7341c517d81631-pjlq

main-qimg-947348707c70ab60fe4601da7feec4af-pjlq

At first these statements may seem like hyperbole but the vn clarifies that it was not a fraction of a second, but a literal instant, and that the time that it took saber to reach archer was nothing.

Because of this information,i propose Saber with command spell buff be upgraded to infinite attack speed.

Agree:5

Strife304 ,Tdjwo , RaveeCPN, Milly_Rocking_Bandit

Excel616

Disagree:4

Hellscream, Everything12, Vietthai96

Artorimachi_Meteoraft

Neutral:

Maxeez Planck69

Last edited:
I agree. If you believe the narrative surrounding Command Spells being able to make seemingly impossible commands possible, it's not farfetched.

Yeah, no i don't see how this is infinite speed at all.
It's pretty obvious that its not instantaneous, due to the trajectory of the projectile, and it being described to be a mere fraction of a second, as opposed to "an instant" the fact that they used "a mere fraction of a second" to describe it's speed is already enough to debunk the infinite speed claim.

It's pretty obvious that its not instantaneous, due to the trajectory of the projectile, and it being described to be a mere fraction of a second, as opposed to "an instant" the fact that they used "a mere fraction of a second" to describe it's speed is already enough to debunk the infinite speed claim.
" a mere instant, not even a fraction of a second"

It said, "a mere instant, NOT even a fraction of a second"

Instantaneous.

No, it says not even a fraction of a second which implies that it still has a certain time, aka not instantaneous, if it was instantaneous they would simply say "instant" as opposed to "not even a fraction of a second"

No, it says not even a fraction of a second which implies that it still has a certain time, aka not instantaneous, if it was instantaneous they would simply say "instant" as opposed to "not even a fraction of a second"
not even a fraction of a second means that it took 0 time to travel.

Bro. Your reading comprehension💀

It literally does, the vn says an instant, and then clarifies it does not mean a fraction of a second. not really hard to understand
You're just going in circles, without any valid proof of it being of infinite speed, and it even having references of "not being a fraction of a second" which implies that it's faster, but its nowhere near enough to quality for infinite speed, not even for a possibly.

Literally speaking, faster then any fraction would imply it’s faster then 1/infinitesimal value, which sounds like infinite speed.

And like i said, it's literally shown to have a trajectory, a trajectory which implies that it has a certain speed.

And like i said, it's literally shown to have a trajectory, a trajectory which implies that it has a certain speed.
by that logic almost every infinite/immeasurable speed character is not actually infinite/immeasurable. It's fiction, real life physics dont apply unless started otherwise by the author.

by that logic almost every infinite/immeasurable speed character is not actually infinite/immeasurable. It's fiction, real life physics dont apply unless started otherwise by the author.
In this case, it literally just proves my point, unless if it were to travel over an infinite distance, in that fraction of a second.

Yes, and there is no indication of it being done in zero time, due to the usage of "a fraction of a second"
If it were to be instant, they would simply say it's instant, and not refer to a fraction of a second.

I think the combination of “a mere instant, not even a fraction of a second” (which is pretty explicit), and “reduces the time needed to cross four thousand meters to nothing” is blatant. I agree with the statement, but I don’t know how it will conflict with the whole BB “servants can’t go FTL”.

Based on the context and statements shown, it's blatantly and clearly implied to be an instantaneous reaction. You can't really beat around the bush with that. Not only does it mention "in a mere instant," but it also says; "not even a fraction of a second" just right after the prior statement.

I don't really know what to think about this. Count me as neutral until more input is given.

I think the combination of “a mere instant, not even a fraction of a second” (which is pretty explicit), and “reduces the time needed to cross four thousand meters to nothing” is blatant. I agree with the statement, but I don’t know how it will conflict with the whole BB “servants can’t go FTL”.
bb's statement is from the extra timeline, which is VERY different from the f/sn and ha timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back