• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extremely important information about our upcoming forum migration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agnaa is correct.

@Spino

The blogs will also stay here. With all of the changes going on, I just think that it is safer to back them up/copy them, and that the new forum likely has a more convenient discussion format for them.

Take note that this is a later issue to deal with though.

So we have to finish the Steven Universe CRT like, RIGHT NOW or else put it on hold, Ant? We can't really rush it if we want to do it properly. We have now discovered yet ANOTHER previously-unknown calc, this time which seems more legit, which may upgrade the verse to Tier 5. If we try to rush this, it will end up being half-assed and the profiles left incomplete ƒÿ¡ƒÿ¡

I'm not upset with you dude but like, saying we have to wrap up the CRT as quickly as possible may not be feasible, you know how CRT's can be.

Are you saying we need to wrap it up BY APRIL 14th AT THE LATEST? If so then yeah, that could be possible. . . .I feel like we should be able to finish and come to an agreement on everything in that CRT within another week to ten days, tops. Would that be okay, or should we just put the entirety of the CRT on hold until the migration happens?

Again I am not upset with you. I'm trying to figure out what I should tell the other people over in that CRT! Should I tell them we need to wrap things up now and put them on hold, or should I tell them we have until April 14? If so, I think we may keep debating Steven's keys, but leave the actual verse-tiering based on the new calc til after the move; I will have to see how quickly Calc-Group members could get back to us about the calc.

Should I be discussing this with you on your wall, or is doing so here okay?

Well, you have until April 14 or so, yes.

So what CRT will get closed?

Wok closed a BFDI (Battle For Dream Island) one because it seemed like it'll take a long time

Antvasima said:
Well, you have until April 14 or so, yes.
Thank you! I will have to ask the other members what they think; I know for a fact we can finish agreeing on everything else before April 14, but I'm not sure if we can agree on the calcing/verse-tiering before then, mostly for reasons which I AM NOW GOING TO MESSAGE YOU ABOUT ON YOUR WALL as they are too specific to be here. Sorry to have to contact you on there again, you can take your time getting back to me.

Thanks as always, Ant!

@Julian

Yes, but you should edit your post and ask an admin to delete that image if you do not want to reveal your email address to everybody. It isn't safe for you otherwise.

Bobsican said:
Reminder that the important CRTs should be archived in the Wayback Machine, especially recent ones that can use the act of keeping the input somewhere for reference.
Just quoting this as a reminder, I'm sure many have forgotten about this being an option for those that are into pretty wide CRTs right now.

@DRB

No problem.

@Bobsican

Again, the threads will be backed up to the new forum, but only until sometime April 15 to 30.

I have my Email addressed confirmed. And yes, I had some content revisions planned, but I will hold of from creating bigger and/or more difficult ones until they forums are all moved. But in the mean time, general discussions, Fun and Games boards, and message walls are still available for now.

As for Vs Threads, I think it might be fine to make them during the moving process, but may be treated similar to Fun and Games boards. Because the profiles might be linking to deleted threads during such time periods. So may not be the best time to add concluded matches however.

This is just a note that I tried to explain that the transitional period will start around April 14, not yet, and that you should tell our members to stop the discussions and link to an information thread, not close down their threads, as the threads will remain closed when imported into the new forum. Please inform the rest of the staff about this.

@Medeus

That is correct, yes. The versus forums should probably remain open, but none of the threads will be added from around April 14 or so.

Anyway, please reopen all of the discussion threads that anybody closed for this reason.

No. The backup is planned to, at the earliest, happen on April 15, after which nothing in the forums will be transferred, so the lockdown should preferably begin to be enforced April 14 or so.

However, again, we do not know the exact date, and if threads are backed up in a locked state, they will be restored in such a condition as well. So, rather than locking lots of threads, you should simply tell members who continue to argue about revisions that they should immediately stop doing so, as nothing will be saved and no revisions will take place yet, while providing links to at least one information thread about the subject.

Thank you for helping out.

Ari64-SP said:
Do the edits need to be global edits, or since joining the wiki?
You need 100 edits in the wiki itself. They are displayed in your personal user page.

I don't know how feasible it might be but perhaps you could have the people working on this send us a test e-mail just the day before the move is finalized?

You know, if anyone encounters any problems with receiving it, they can be taken care of before the real deal?

I do not know if this is acceptable or a good idea. I will ask.

Just a heads up, an easy way to get 100 edits is to simply create a sandbox; which can be done by taking the URL of your "User:" page and adding a "/NameOfSandBoxHere". And from there, you can edit it however you want as every act of both adding, or removing stuff counts as an additional edit. Just stating the obvious, make sure the content follows the rules. Editing posts to add punctuation, fixing typos, or other extremely minor edits also count.

Crabwhale said:
I don't know how feasible it might be but perhaps you could have the people working on this send us a test e-mail just the day before the move is finalized?

You know, if anyone encounters any problems with receiving it, they can be taken care of before the real deal?
My superior at Fandom said that this is a good idea, and that he will send invitation messages to the staff members first, as an initial trial to see if it works properly.

Alright, i'mma pull the "I need help" card. The edit count on the home page of my profile is not going up, and remaining at 85 since joining and 75 global edits. However on my contributions page, it has gone up to 107 since joining, and 75 global edits. can someone pleas inform me if I can currently get an invite in 2 weeks when this forum goes down

So has it been sent? (Or by exactly when will it be sent?) And how it looks like? Thanks.

Good blogs stay here as are so that I can clear up some calc reviews and/or requests. Thanks again.

He said somewhere between the 15th and the 30th, but the 14th is when we should be on guard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back