• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Extremely important information about our upcoming forum migration

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 'only staff members will be edit profiles' part of that message on the side seemed worrying, but based on the reactions from people here, I guess we're still allowed to edit as much as we want

AKM is correct. We have to get everything in order before the wiki is opened up completely again.

No, the forum backup will likely happen on April 15. The actual move will come a while later.

We will copy and move everything, including those threads, and during the transition after the 14th, the non-serious forums will still be open.

Thank you for helping out. I asked Promestein to do the same at FCOC earlier.

@Peter, there is no specific time, but sometime between April 15 and April 30, so the wiki lock down starts at April 14th.

Well, the partial lockdown starts April 15, and it at least has to remain active during the moving process and some time afterwards.

Probably depends how long it takes to get the process finished, as it's not exactly a perfect scheduled process.

Well then. Guess that's a looooooooooong period of waiting until we guys get to talk with each other again.

We can still talk with each other here. As I mentioned previously, the forums will still be active, but as nothing will be saved from that point, only necessary discussion in the rule-violations reports thread, the migration information threads, and the less serious forums (general, fun & games, versus) will be allowed. The new versus threads from that point will not be saved though.

KLOL506 said:
Well then. Guess that's a looooooooooong period of waiting until we guys get to talk with each other again.
F&G, VS, and General Discussion threads will remain open, although the comments and posts won't be saved.

Here is what the new forum currently looks like. Further down the page there are headers for Joke Battles and FCOC as well. That is just the draft version though. We still have some work to do.

Yes. We tried to keep the current theme as closely as possible.

Looks cool.

What about username colors and userpage tags in the new forums? Has it been decided yet?

wdym without the recent activity stuff? It's still there for me.

AKM sama said:
Looks cool.

What about username colors and userpage tags in the new forums? Has it been decided yet?
I have placed that as one of the issues that need to be dealt with, but not received a conclusive response yet.

M3X said:
how can I stalk the wiki now without the recent activity stuff?
The new forum will still list the threads in chronological order, with the ones that have most recently been responded to first. We are also able to stick the most important threads at the top of the forums for increased visibility.

No problem. Thank you yourself.

Yes, of course, and no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back