• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Explosive Number of Dragon Ball Threads

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
Cross brought up to me an apparent ruling that Lord Kavpeny made before his departure, in which he stated that Dragon Ball Threads should be limited, if not banned if they became too troublesome.

Considering the fact that we're flooded with speculation and revision threads literally every time a new episode comes out, I'm wondering if we should start acting upon such a policy.

Entire threads reach their post limits in a matter of days, and users are constantly scrambling for uncalled for upgrades whenever possible.

However, such a change is rather significant given the popularity of the franchise, a great amount of input is required. What do you guys all think?

Remember everyone, this thread is Staff-Only. Any other messages will be deleted.

STAFF ONLY THREAD, NORMAL USERS DO NOT REPLY TO THIS

Santop believes we shouldn't get too overprotective, however, if we have to execute Order 66.... by all means we are the only ones that have the authority. In Chat these discussions don't show up at all. So what's the problem is possibly, how we or other users go about their threads. Going to hold off on a call for now. Trying to stay neutral and positive.

I do not know. Some sort of rule for limiting them to only focus on significant new revelations might be an idea though.

Why not a DB stat discussion thread so we don't get bloated from lots of separate threads?

That way, if someone makes a separate thread, then we can just close it with a note to put whatever content in the stat discussion thread instead.

Also, I've noticed for the past couple of days that the relationship between users and mods are getting a bit feisty. It's in part due to the mods ourselves. Not that I'm reprimanding anyone, but just hoping we tone it down on the snark, or whatchamacallit when dealing with threads that should be closed. I know we face a lot of stress in daily life and moderating here also adds to that, but I think we should be a bit calmer in our wording.

Sorry for hijacking but since I'm posting in a staff thread anyway, I might as well say it.

Well, I obviously agree that we should try to be as polite as possible, but we also have to be strict in enforcing the rules.

@LordXcano That would give us even more threads than currently though.

A DB stat discussion thread could be good.

@Promestein I suppose that might be an idea.

I agree with this as I am annoyed with all these DB threads that hapen BEFORE an episode even drops....I can make a stat discussion thread, but perhaps we should make it Staff Only considering how DB threads get flooded in like a day or so...

I agree with making a DB Stat Discussion thread rather than filling up the wiki with several threads for each episode.

Any statistics discussion thread for Dragon Ball should probably be staff only, in order to be kept manageable, yes.

@Reppuza: Following up on previous decisions/policies is both helpful and efficient, so my kudos to you for taking the initiative and bringing this issue to the attention of the staff.

I will not provide a definitive opinion with regards to the issue, since I have not been monitoring the forums lately, and it would be presumptuous of me to dole out an opinion without any recent experience.

That said, I still stand by my previous statements. Whether or not the influx of DBS threads is excessive is up to the rest of the staff to decide, but if the decision is that the number of threads are indeed excessive, I fully support the notion of harshly limiting DBS threads.

As for a staff-only DBS stat discussion thread, while the idea is good, I'm not sure if it's practically feasible. By the time the an episode's statistics are decided upon/finalized, the next week's episode will have arrived. In effect, it will require nigh-continuous input from the entirety of the staff, and I'm not sure about green-lighting what will undoubtedly be a massive stress-inducer. Also, the worst possible scenario which comes to my mind is staff members being pestered to engage in the stat thread by other members. Overall, the DBS stat thread does not sound useful from a practical perspective.

As I have stated previously, DBS stat upgrade threads should be done at the end of every arc, instead at the end of every episode. There should be no exceptions to this rule (even the "obvious" upgrades, since what is and is not obvious is also subjective). A note should be added to the franchise page, stating that due to the tendency of the Verse to possibly undergo rapid shifts in Tiers, statistic updates will only happen once every arc gets over. A rule on the main page, prohibiting DBS stat upgrade requests/threads prior to the end of an arc. Close any "stat speculation" threads (discussing content of episodes is fine).

These steps will come into effect if the rest of you do decide that the number of DBS threads is excessive. They should regulate the number of DBS threads, and make managing the franchise's statistics' accuracy easier for the staff. While they may seem harsh, please note that a warning had already been issued, and that it is hard for the staff to keep up with the series' fan's enthusiasm.

Well, the reason for that we keep them staff only for now, is that at least one previous Dragon Ball thread filled up with hundreds of replies from DB fans within hours. That is completely unmanageable for the staff.

However, we have been allowing revision threads whenever there are important new revelations within the series. It has not been that great of a bother.

Back