• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Expanding the References for Common Feats page

Now, there is one last speed blog I'd like us to consider adding to the RfCF page: speed of electricity.
There are several pages on this wiki that use this blog to determine said characters' speed such as Supersonic or Hypersonic. It seems like it'd be a valuable asset to the speed feats section of the RfCF page, but if not, maybe we could create a page for it or put it in the Projectile Dodging Feats page.

What does everyone think? Would we be able to add it to the Common Feats page?
What do you think @DontTalkDT?

I also happened to come across a few more blogs I think would prove to be beneficiary:
DontTalkDT already evaluated this long ago and suggested using the 104 kJ value

Evaluated, accepted, added to our Reference pages eons ago and heavily updated multiple times since then. I recommended many of the objects myself

Also largely accepted, added and updated over time. Cloud Calculations has its own page.

CloverDragon03 already made a brand-new blog for that, which DT also accepted most of the parts minus a couple things on your blog since you did put the link on your blog. But the blog is still largely incomplete, the gun speed is currently incorrect and I recommended GUNS, LOTS OF GUNS to calculate since not all firearms are built the same and even flintlocks and wheellocks of yore are much faster than what the blog actually states.

And while the formula itself uses snail speed, it's just one of the possible speeds you can use, with cinematic times we can accurately gauge the amount of pixels the slowed-down object is seen to move, and then we can dump the values into the formula above.

Deemed unnecessary as per the blog comments. 3-B as it is, perfectly fine.

Already evaluated, accepted and applied to the Table of Destruction Values by me, Bambu, Executor and several other calc group members ages ago. I was the one that gave Spino some of the links.

M3X said he edited the calc to DT's specifications and Ugarik also added an additional non-cloud-to-ground variant in the comments. Not sure if that was ever accepted.

Old and deprecated. Was handled here and here.

Prolly old and deprecated at this point, since we made many new changes to our storm feats since then.

Already has a page on the wiki.

DT suggested some fixes which I'm not sure if they have been applied yet. Haven't tackled astronomy in my physics class yet. But yeah, seems useful, though I've been looking for that dreaded "Solar System shake" calc all over the place with no results.

Using KE for cells is whack, especially if it's sorta pseudo-whack for IRL animals larger, heavier and stronger than us. There's a CRT for IRL animals not scaling to their KE except in special situations if they are like, really large animals and whatnot.

Last edited:
@KLOL506 Well, maybe we could make a page for the Fire Calculations and add the Lightning creation feats to the Lightning Feats page?

Definite nope. The blog looks at a very specific example under very specific circumstances and doesn't generalize in the slightest.
Ah, so it's not common enough to qualify.

What do you think about the speed value tho? Is it okay to use for the Projectile Dodging Feats page? Or is the calc incorrect?

I'd like us to add and evaluate:
Accepted.

Accepted.

Also accepted.

Added a better source to use for thickness in the comments (You have to buy the book tho, but the comments I linked do it for you).

I was planning on doing it myself honestly while including ground-based boom formula.

Accepted by M3X and former calc member Crimson Azoth.

Antarctica end was accepted as reasonable.

Accepted but ground-based version (Which is also accepted) still not added to the blog yet.

Needs to be changed to use a bigger fist impact area of at least 40 cm^2.

I found several more vaporization feats I'd like to get evaluated and added:
This kinda never reached a conclusion.

Still needs to be evaluated, I'd like the opinion of another calc member first before I tackle it.

Accepted by Armorchompy as long as surface area (Or I should say, cross-sectional area) is applied, but that depends on distance from the epicenter of the destruction.
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan/Vaporizing_a_volcano
Wasn't this accepted and added to the Table of Destruction Values 6 years ago?
https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Alakabamm/Vaporization_of_Titanium_Value
Not sure if it's a common-enough feat, but Bambu's re-do wields 5.94 kilotons.

This calc kinda never got finished, huh, I wonder what the heck happened...

Wrong vaporization value used, the M1 Abrams is not made of ordinary steel, but rather Chobham Armor, which is mostly a depleted uranium alloy. It should be re-done with specific heat capacity and boiling point of depleted uranium (We only have melting point so it's a ******* crapshoot). Plus at least 75% of the tank's mass is made up of that stuff.

Seems like this never got finished

Here are some atomization feats I'd like to get added and evaluated:
Blog isn't actually about atomization (It was a naming mistake)

Old calc, should be re-done using the new cast iron frag, v. frag and pulv. destruction values that we have on our Table of Destruction Values chart now.

Need further input from other calc members for this one.

Lina Shields got 317 teratons with his recalc.

Ah, so it's not common enough to qualify.

What do you think about the speed value tho? Is it okay to use for the Projectile Dodging Feats page? Or is the calc incorrect?
The speed value could vary based on various factors, such as voltage or amperage or stuff.
So what I meant by saying it doesn't generalize is that I'm unsure under which circumstances other feats would match what is happening in the video.

When's the common feat for reducing dudes to just immolated skeletons coming 🗿

Thank you for helping out here, DontTalk.

That's less a durability thing then it's a physiology thing.
Space isnt gonna be hitting you with energy or force (or well, it could but it isn't coming from the vacuum, it'd be from other shit), it's just a bunch of adverse effects or lack thereof that ***** ya over.

A literal ant's body can physically survive in a vacuum even if the ant itself can't due to the adverse effects.

I asked because in fiction there are all sorts of instances of characters being in the vacuum of space without turning into skin balloons like how it would really happen for normal people

I asked because in fiction there are all sorts of instances of characters being in the vacuum of space without turning into skin balloons like how it would really happen for normal people
To be honest, in fiction, surviving in vacuum space could be hax (like a type of self sustenance), it could be a durability by itself (like some deep sea fishes and characters are wall level+ because of simply surviving for being there). Or in some verses any character can survive in vacuum space because of body skin and internal organ durability but can be hurt by far less.

Usually more context is required, although theoretically the durability to survive in outer space is totally calculable.

Would also like everyone to know I've decided to continue with my Common Speed Feats project here. I'm still working on it, but feel free to evaluate it.

Just a pretty simple calc I thought of that happens in a lot of street level action media, getting punched through walls

From the human-sized hole calc we have that the cross-sectional area is 9500 cm^2. From the punching through wall calc we have wall thickness as 1.905 cm.

Concrete: 9500*1.905*6 = 108 585 Joules

We could do ends for v. frag and pulv too as well as different materials like rock and steel, just a quick calc I thought of that is often a pretty good feat for peak humans.

Just a pretty simple calc I thought of that happens in a lot of street level action media, getting punched through walls

From the human-sized hole calc we have that the cross-sectional area is 9500 cm^2. From the punching through wall calc we have wall thickness as 1.905 cm.

Concrete: 9500*1.905*6 = 108 585 Joules

We could do ends for v. frag and pulv too as well as different materials like rock and steel, just a quick calc I thought of that is often a pretty good feat for peak humans.
That's way too thin for a wall. Interior walls are 4.5 inches thick at the bare minimum.

Also we should make ends for stone walls and reinforced concrete walls as well. Load-bearing walls are often made of reinforced concrete and can be 8 inches to a foot thick.

Is there really no staff member here that would be willing to take on the responsibility of properly updating this page?

A long time has passed with nothing happening here.

Can I get you to send notifications once more? Sorry for asking you this. I'll look for anyone else willing to update the page.

Can you list all of the staff members who have helped out here previously first please?

Is there really no staff member here that would be willing to take on the responsibility of properly updating this page?

A long time has passed with nothing happening here.
I mean I could do it I guess, you would just need to open the page for me

All I have to do is add the calcs in the OP right?

Back