• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Expanding the References for Common Feats page

Is it only spelling errors or syntax errors as well or something?
Well, it's not just spelling errors...I've copied and pasted the text from the page into Grammarly and there are also some problems pertaining to the punctuation, wording, and whatnot.

I did what I could find.

Thank you. It is very appreciated.

Well, it's not just spelling errors...I've copied and pasted the text from the page into Grammarly and there are also some problems pertaining to the punctuation, wording, and whatnot.
Would you be willing to fix the spelling and punctuation errors, and not change anything else, if I unlock the page for you?

It's nice to see someone try and expand the References for Common Feats thing.

Well, first, there was this: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Drite77/Destroying_wooden_crate

The guy who made the blog declined to get the calc evaluated due to the sheer amount of variables here.
I evaluated and accepted it myself. I still asked that Bambu and Spino evaluate it too given their experience regarding calc'ing common feats.

@Mr._Bambu @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

I'll probably have to wait until I get off work, but I'll be sure to do it as soon as I'm done, unless you'd like someone else to do it in the meantime.

@Antvasima Well, that's all I could find atm; don't think I found all of them, but I guess it's done for now. Did you want the standard format for Common Feats added to all of them, too?

Thank you for helping out. It is very appreciated.

It is probably better if DontTalk or our calc group members handle rearranging the actual structure of the page.

It is probably better if DontTalk or our calc group members handle rearranging the actual structure of the page.
You're welcome. If I still see some, I might just copy the entire source code and paste it into a grammar checker and give it to you guys.

Last edited:
Alright, now let's get back to evaluating and accepting these feats and calculations.

Also, since we only have the low-end for lighting one's self on fire which is Supersonic, I think we'll have to look around the wiki and change pages' speeds that use this feat from Hypersonic to Supersonic.
I'm pretty sure there are some examples on the wiki for bare bodies lighting themselves up on fire. The thing is, the Supersonic value is for lighting yourself on fire if you are clothed, if you are bare-naked, then the Supersonic+ value would apply. 1666 m/s is Mach 4.86, which isn't Hypersonic, but Supersonic+.

I'm pretty sure there are some examples on the wiki for bare bodies lighting themselves up on fire. The thing is, the Supersonic value is for lighting yourself on fire if you are clothed, if you are bare-naked, then the Supersonic+ value would apply. 1666 m/s is Mach 4.86, which isn't Hypersonic, but Supersonic+.
Huh, I always thought that feat was Hypersonic

I guess that's something we should take into account then, but right now we can't be using anything higher than the low-end DontTalk accepted until or unless we're able to get any other ends accepted and added to this common feat.

Still contemplating though on whether or not we should update character pages' speeds of this feat accordingly or wait until we can add more info to the common feat.

The problem with the 1666 m/s value is that it assumes 1500°C is to be reached due to that being cremation temperature for humans i.e. they assume you get so hot that a normal human would burn to ashes. I see no reason to assume the heat gets big enough for that, unless that actually happens to the character. Being hot enough to burn body hair and/or fat and oils in the body should already be enough to catch on fire.

Is the intent of this thread just to add more general feats?

The problem with the 1666 m/s value is that it assumes 1500°C is to be reached due to that being cremation temperature for humans i.e. they assume you get so hot that a normal human would burn to ashes. I see no reason to assume the heat gets big enough for that, unless that actually happens to the character. Being hot enough to burn body hair and/or fat and oils in the body should already be enough to catch on fire.
I see. Okay then.

Okay. Thank you for helping out.

Can somebody write a list of all the accepted calculations that still need to be added to the common feats page please?

Thanks, about the method, I think they all should be accepted, because all of them are different, as in, different ways to freeze something.

Thank you both for helping out.

So is somebody willing and able to properly add the sufficiently accepted calculations to our common feats page, in a properly organised manner?

Now, while we're on the same page pertaining to speed, I really do think we should consider adding this Catching An Arrow calculation to the References for Common Feats page. I already know @DontTalkDT rejected it, but I'm thinking about making some arguments for this so that we can consider.

DontTalk is very busy with (too) many threads right now. Would any of our calc group members who know what they are doing be willing to handle it please?

Back