• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Expanding the References for Common Feats page

I mean 76 cm is rather arbitrary yeah but catching an arrow happens constantly in fiction when arrows are involved.

With both DontTalk and DMUA disqualifying a generalisation of the feat, we should preferably not add it to the common feats page.

I mean 76 cm is rather arbitrary yeah but catching an arrow happens constantly in fiction when arrows are involved.
Problem is that catching an arrow can be literally any speed, depending on how far away the arrow was when you started moving (and how much you moved).

Problem is that catching an arrow can be literally any speed, depending on how far away the arrow was when you started moving (and how much you moved).
That is a fair point, I have to admit.

Yeah. It really depends on how far you are from the arrow and how much you moved compared to the arrow after it was fired.

Since the formula is as follows:

Dodging speed: (Projectile velocity * Distance moved by character) / Distance from projectile when the character started dodging or moving

@DontTalkDT @Antvasima Okay, so here's what I've added so far...

Now, which one of the other feats listed below can be added as well?

Last edited:
My apologies, but I do not think that you are the best person to add new feats to the page, given that the structure of the page might become messed up, and a certain degree of quality is required regarding the presentation of the data and organisation of the text, so it seems best if I undo your newest revision for the time being.

My apologies, but I do not think that you are the best person to add new feats to the page, given that the structure of the page might become messed up, and a certain degree of quality is required regarding the presentation of the data and organisation of the text, so it seems best if I undo your newest revision for the time being.
@Antvasima Alright, that's fine; perfectly understandable. Is there anyone else who wishes to do it?

@Antvasima Maybe we should send some notifications to them.
Okay.

@Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @DragonGamerZ913 @KLOL506 @M3X @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment

Given that this is a genuinely important thread for our wiki, would any of you be willing to properly update the references for common feats page with the accepted calculations here, in a well-structured manner, please?

Okay.

@Executor_N0 @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan @Mr._Bambu @Therefir @DMUA @Damage3245 @DemonGodMitchAubin @Jasonsith @Wokistan @Armorchompy @KieranH10 @Migue79 @Psychomaster35 @DragonGamerZ913 @KLOL506 @M3X @Dark-Carioca @AbaddonTheDisappointment

Given that this is a genuinely important thread for our wiki, would any of you be willing to properly update the references for common feats page with the accepted calculations here, in a well-structured manner, please?
Jasonsith and DontTalk both said they were working on making the References for Common Feats page a lot cleaner in the long run, and they both know how to handle tables better than I ever could.

Okay. Thank you for the information. It seems best to try to patiently wait for Jason and DontTalk, and not rush regarding this issue, then.

@Antvasima Do you mind locking the References for Common Feats page, please? Just to prevent any further edits in the meantime.

I looked around and didn't see anything for fragmenting the ground by jumping on it. It is quite common in action medias. Is it not possible to make a rough calculation for something like that?

Well we have quite a variety of common feats involved.

Some of which will generate a lot of different results given the size of the table of findings. Particularly common with the boulder destruction feats, boulder creation feats, object cutting feats, etc.

Meanwhile, a certain object (e.g. a private car) may have different yields of destruction depending on the levels of destruction as seen. To add things more difficult, cutting a car may be overlapping on two categories: cutting different objects and different levels of destruction of a car.

While different yields can come out, this will eventually make the "references for common feats" very difficult and cumbersome to compile.

I am thinking: making the "references for common feats" page a central page which leads to different calculation blogs approved.

Meanwhile yields to accept from different calculation blogs can be settled later and (once the accepted yield be accepted) would only require one change in the central page to point towards the branch.

This idea sounds like object-based programming and will lower the maintenance staff time cost for the staff here.

Welcoming more ideas to the general approach.

(I am still working on to fix the desktop)

Well we have quite a variety of common feats involved.

Some of which will generate a lot of different results given the size of the table of findings. Particularly common with the boulder destruction feats, boulder creation feats, object cutting feats, etc.

Meanwhile, a certain object (e.g. a private car) may have different yields of destruction depending on the levels of destruction as seen. To add things more difficult, cutting a car may be overlapping on two categories: cutting different objects and different levels of destruction of a car.

While different yields can come out, this will eventually make the "references for common feats" very difficult and cumbersome to compile.

I am thinking: making the "references for common feats" page a central page which leads to different calculation blogs approved.

Meanwhile yields to accept from different calculation blogs can be settled later and (once the accepted yield be accepted) would only require one change in the central page to point towards the branch.

This idea sounds like object-based programming and will lower the maintenance staff time cost for the staff here.

Welcoming more ideas to the general approach.

(I am still working on to fix the desktop)
@Jasonsith I like that. Also, do you or DontTalk mind adding the recently accepted feats to the RfCF page?

Now, there is one last speed blog I'd like us to consider adding to the RfCF page: speed of electricity.
There are several pages on this wiki that use this blog to determine said characters' speed such as Supersonic or Hypersonic. It seems like it'd be a valuable asset to the speed feats section of the RfCF page, but if not, maybe we could create a page for it or put it in the Projectile Dodging Feats page.

What does everyone think? Would we be able to add it to the Common Feats page?

Now, there is one last speed blog I'd like us to consider adding to the RfCF page: speed of electricity.
There are several pages on this wiki that use this blog to determine said characters' speed such as Supersonic or Hypersonic. It seems like it'd be a valuable asset to the speed feats section of the RfCF page, but if not, maybe we could create a page for it or put it in the Projectile Dodging Feats page.

What does everyone think? Would we be able to add it to the Common Feats page?
Yeah this should've been added to the Common Feats page long ago.

BTW, this speed value is an insane low-ball considering that this kind of speed was generated from non-lethal amounts of electricity. Larger the voltage, higher the speed, but at the moment we have no way of determining speed from that so this is a compromise.

Yeah this should've been added to the Common Feats page long ago.

BTW, this speed value is an insane low-ball considering that this kind of speed was generated from non-lethal amounts of electricity. Larger the voltage, higher the speed, but at the moment we have no way of determining speed from that so this is a compromise.
For how long does this projectile speed last for?

Back