• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World 5: With great power comes great responsibility ''yeah right'' (Thread 5)

@why the otaku

Well, that didn't work obviously

I switch to Ascalon's offensive powers and attempt to hit him with a powerful strike

@Sparring match hobos

Thermal and Sonar enter the Earth Pulse.

"Where are we going to do this?" Thermal asks.

@Christian

A certain grump kaiju is watching tv in the cave Kabus enters.

@Hl3

After a bit of walking tset encounters a large wall. It must be the walls around the ACF facility.

@Yobo

Ota Ku is unable to evade the attack, but he's able to put up a forcefield that prevents him from taking the blow. He's still knocked away however.

Alex then notices dozens of shurikens flying at him from different directions. They were attached to him with invisible threads.

This feels very convenient.

I jump up onto the wall, making sure to avoid any possible traps or alarms, before surveying the area I can see.

@Hl3

There are several alarm systems, cameras and guards but they are unable to detect you. There's a large open terrain between the walls and the facility. The facility itself looks rather small. It probably continues underground.

@Yobo

The wave of fire is stopped by Ota Ku's forcefield. Alex recevies many cuts from the shuriken, but doesn't sustain any heavy damage due to his defensive boost.

"You're a tough one." Ota Ku says.

Ota Ku then begins running and jumping around Alex while creating many afterimages that do the same.

@Sparring hobos

"We'll do it there then." Thermal says before jumping to another floating island. sonar follows closely behind him.

"Ready when you are." he says when everyone is there.

I'm glad i was able to teach Luminaris the wonders of hamburgers, but now i need some place to stay. I've always wanted to be a detective, so i think i should work on that.

I go to the portal to London again and get some McDonalds wi-fi to search for "most violent american cities" or "cities with the biggest murder ratings in america."

"Kinda expected you to bring us to an actual arena, but it's fine."

Magna says as she follows Thermal to the chosen floating island.

Once there, she she utilizes info analysis to check the power level of the two followers of Heketa, to see how they stack up..

If they are much weaker than herself, she summons a copy of Yeoui in her hands, if they are comparable, it's the real Yeoui that is being summoned.

"Ready !"

She informs her two opponents, while entering a stance.

Koharu follows them to the island

"Okay you can start whenever." She says drawing Kumokiri and entering see-through world.

@Phoenix

Looking up, I can see Charlie's body still lying on the ground.

With a sigh, I approach and lift him with telekinesis.

Then I turn to Luminaris.

"You could open a portal to the nearest cemetery in London? Our fallen comrade deserves a proper burial ... unfortunately I don't know his name"

I quickly speed over to the facility, looking for some kind of opening on the roofs or in the walls as the front door is likely locked and I don't believe I can open it without betraying my position.

@Crim

Nanaya finds out that that would be Detroit.

@Psycho

It doesn't take long to reach the ACF facility. The plane drops you off about 5 kilometers south of it.

@Sparring hobos

Magna sees that Thermal's physical strength is quite a bit higher than theirs when they first came to this world. Sonar seems to be stronger than they are now however.

"Yeah sure." Thermal says.

Sonar shoots forward with speeds exceeding what Magnus and Koharu can reach and releases a blast of sound at the two.

@Hl3

There is no such opening.

Luminaris opens a portal to a cemetery in London. "There, this should take you to one."

He then opens another portal leading to a random location in the US, one that isn't immediately lethal to enter. "Here." he says to Silas.

The other Luminaris continues looking around, specifically searching for more high tech areas and facilities as well as looking for large stores of magic items.

I nod and then go through the portal.

[@Why

Hey, Why, could you do me a little favor? Yung's last action was teleporting to the UK via his Mist Gate and you haven't yet written where it appears, could you make it appear near the portal created by Luminaris? I think Jessia needs to know what happened to her ... friend? Yes, I think it's her friend]

[Yung controls their own actions. They teleported to the UK so they decide where they teleported. I only adressed them because they didn't seem to know you were in England. The rest is up to them.]

I feint a sword swipe at one of the Ota Ku's in order to draw out a counter attack and prepare to defend the blow.

He's fast

Koharu uses The Heavenly Wall to block and absorb the blast, funneling it through her blade and launching it back at Sonar along with a wind blade.

WOAH, Sonar sure is something, this is gonna be a fun fight !

Magna thinks as she starts grinning.

The fusion jump to the side to avoid the blast, then, while staying cautious to not get hit by Koharu's attack, she uses Bo-Bup to quickly arrive in front of Sonar and uses 3rd Stance: Hwechook to do three rapid kicks against her, one aimed at a side of her head, the second to the other side and the third to the back of her head.

@Phoenix

The factories are some of the most high tech areas around. In general the only places that are more advanced are research and military facilities and government buildings. There aren't any large stores for magical items. It seems magical items are more of a luxury.

Luminaris gets the feeling that he's being watched.

@Yobo

The sword swipe simply passes through the afterimage and electricity begins sparking from the Ota Kus. Electrical attacks are shot at Alex from multiple directions.

@Crim

Instead of finding a single city the results come up with metropolitan county of West Yorkshire.

@Psycho

When Grimm finds the facility he doesn't have to far inside in order to discover that most of it has been destroyed. It seems there was a large explosion. There doesn't seem to be a single person around either.

@Christian

[Is that a sign that you're taking a break or can I just respond?]

@Sparring hobos

[Friendly reminder that Sonar is a girl.]

Sonar nullifies the blast that was sent back at her. When Magna tries attacking Sonar she notices that Sonar is no longer where she just was. She's now up in the air. As Magna and Koharu realize that they see a giant wall of fire coming at them.

"Hmm interesting, Grimm wonders if another is attempting to end the Doctors life" he says before going back towards the jet and asking the guy to take Grimm to London.

WHYNAUT said:
@Monarch, Jacky
"I'm Erwin Paul, an upcoming monster of a manager in the entertainment industry if I do say so myself. I saw your performance and I think it was amazing. There's some room for improvement, but I see a lot of potential in you two. Interested in working with me?"
"Ahem. Let me discuss this with my band mate"

Carol restrains her excitement, to varying degrees of success.

"Jessabelle, what do you think?"

Luminaris begins making use of Uriel's clairvoyance to find what is watching him. Meanwhile he attempts to keep some of the technology in mind for later, as well as look around for anything he might find useful to replicate.

The Earthpulse Luminaris meanwhile is simply observing the sparring fight. He looks on with interest.

The 2nd Earthpulse Luminaris (The one that was made when the other one was killed) also leaves the Earthpulse, that one takes some money with him from the previously created pile and goes to try and find somewhere to buy resources needed for any useful technology that the first one had found.

Back