• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Everybody Wants to Rule the World 5: Stuck in a Demon's Nest (Thread 7)

As I realize I'd gotten lost in my reading, more new powers emerge.

"This is just... cheating." I say, with a connfusing mixture curiosity and disappointment.

Not much later, Tset arrives.

Hl3 or bust said:
"...Hi."

He probably wants something from me.

Looking at Ryuka, something in the back of my mind registers her as familiar, as though i should have already known her before all of this started. Now is not the time, however.

"Nanaya is attempting to set the moon on fire, would you like to come along and help me attempt to clear it out before they become an even bigger issue?"

Aren't these things happening a little too fast??

"Ok. I'll come with you."

I still need to find Télos again after this. Preferably before another sudden power boost.

I open a portal to the moon. Parts of the library can be seen being slowly sucked towards it, although at our speeds we should have more than enough time. I then quickly head through the portal.

The lake Luminaris recalls Beerko having asked something of him, he looks at her.

"Certainly, I would prefer it to be done in the Earthpulse though." He says.

The Moon Luminaris continues extinguishing the flames with Megidoladyne and other abilities, he notices the portal being created to the Moon and approaches it.

The Earthpulse Luminaris seems to be using real illusions and the like to upgrade the house he built in the Earthpulse, making it into a proper temple and establishing it as his territory.

Koharu feels the knowledge and experience of innumerable warriors flow into her mind, along with this she feels like she has transcended fate itself.

I guess I'll go train now since the demons here are dead.

She heads back to the Earthpulse and finds a remote location within it to practice. She practices Tsubame Gaeshi and Lightless Three-Stage Thrust to ensure her accuracy with them.

I can't just use these same techniques, I need to try to customize them to better fit my own style. Koharu thinks as she draws her second sword

She takes a different stance than normal and tries to use tsubame gaeshi with two swords at once. Trying over and over each time she failed, slowly getting closer to pulling the technique off.

"Oh, hello Luminaris."

It feels like this man is literally everywhere, or did he never leave......

I look around, quickly determining our relative location compared to the cave we went into before, before heading back to the cave

Searching through my inventory, I find a ring and a dagger.

"Mh ... very interesting", I whisper, wearing the ring.

I feel a wave of frost crossing my body, reaching up to my bones.

"Not bad, this ring knows many spells of frost ... they will be very useful to me," I say and then grab the dagger.

I make a cut in the air, creating a portal for a place I've already seen.

"Uh, now I can also open portals," I note, crossing the portal and coming to Earthpulse.

@House hobos

"You have? Just like that other time huh? Well I myself acquired an ability and I can see you are a lot stronger now. There is something you can do for me actually. Tell everyone not go to the moon even though they have grown stronger. Raw power means nothing before thousands of demons and there's probably even mroe there." Heteka says to Luminaris.

@Moon hobos

Luminaris extinguishes the flames. As the three get closer to the crach in the moon's service an overwhelming presence of darkness can be felt that makes it hard to even approach the crack.

@Yung

Jessia is succesful.

Kabus then warped himself to the Galapagos, but not before writing a note saying goodbye to Grumpzilla. He then decided to settle himself down as he looked for a home to live in.

"About that. Another of myself as well as Tset and Ryuka are already on the Moon. I will warn them, but I cannot guarantee they will listen. I will remain there in case they need aid." The House Luminaris replies to Heteka.

"Just like before. You two, Heteka has asked me to warn you not to go to, or remain in this case, on the Moon, not that I expect it'll stop you. If you intend to keep going, I'll do what I can to help." The Moon Luminaris says to Tset and Ryuka.

The Earthpulse Luminaris continues constructing his territory.

The lake Luminaris waits.

Well that's a great sign isn't it.

"Why is that? I imagine that they've either evolved again or something is on it's way here, is that correct?"

Along the way to where we already are, I've been visualizing the various weapons i've copied, learning basically everything there has ever or will ever be able to be learned from them as well as replicating many of their abilities, sans the conceptual curse of Gáe Bulg.

"Neither. She simply said that raw strength means nothing against the number of demons. I should at the very least be able to resist the abilities they used to nullify our powers now. What do you intend to do?" The Moon Luminaris replies.

"Hm, in principle she is right, I will admit that. My intention is to walk in and destroy every beast I find, shred it down to such a level that no form of indentification will ever know it was there, gaining their strength as I go to further facilitate this. Considering how we could kill some before, albiet with effort, unless they have evolved again they shouldn't be a massive threat."

I feel ... strange ...

Kinda if i litterally became a living weapon ...

I think, as i desummon all the clones at the lake and those with the assistants, then i sit down and start meditating about my new powers.

Meanwhile, my clones back at the bunker continue to assure the safety of the civilians.

and for the clone at the house.

"A black hole gun ? Thats awesome, why didn't you tell us about it earlier ?"

He says exited.

"I'm uneasy about staying here, but I gave Tset my word that I'd help him. I won't leave if he doesn't."

Huh, looks like that people are getting new fancy stuff. I should check my files when i have the time, but not now.

"Hey Luminaris, there is a clone of yours in Heteka's house?"

"There is." The Lake Luminaris says, opening a portal to there.

"I appear to have gained an ability that becomes stronger in each use, these demons may be a good chance to empower it, I am with you." The Moon Luminaris states.

"Huh, thanks pal" Rompot says as he enters the portal

Once he reaches Heteka's house, he says

"Yo lady, since you seems to know alot about what is happening, what do we do now? Like, there is someone that we need to kill or something?"

"Alright, then."

I continue heading towards the crack, only a little bit more tense than I already was, which isn't really saying much.

The Moon Luminaris also continues heading towards the crack, he begins shrouding himself and the others in Silver Flames.

"Sit."

The dog paitiently and politely sits down on Jessia's command.

"Good girl!"

She rubs the dog's back while smiling.

(So it actually works, that's good.)

She slices off the collar that was on the dog with her bare hands.

"From now on, your name is...Haru."

Haru appeares to be happy.

"From now on, you're my partner Haru, despite the new power I got, I still feel I'm behind the others just a bit."

Jessia opens a mist gate and walks into it.

"C'mon, Haru.."

Haru quickly follows behind her before the mist gate closes. The two of them are now in Heteka's house.

Using Bookmark again I open a portal for Heteka's home.

Arrived I see Jessia.

"Hi ... I see you have a friend with you", I exclaim, noticing the dog.

After taking a bath and changing clothes in "my" house, I think of that girl from when I first arrived in this world. Deciding to see if I can find her, I transform, and fly back to where this adventure began.

Jessia: "Yes, her name is Haru."

Jessia responds to Gondlir. While hugging the Labrodor Retriever in her arms.

Jessia: "My plan is to develop her enough for her to fight alongside me."

Jessia: "Don't worry about such a thing, I have several skills to help with her development; and I wouldn't let her fight a battle she's sure to lose in."

@Yung

The clone at Heketa's house looks at Haru.

"Nice doggo."

Then, he looks back at Jesssica

"May i pat it ?"

He asks.

"You have a bit too much confidence that you will be able to pick and chose your battles, you never know when a battle will happen or when a enemy might be too much for your dog to handle. No plan survives the enemy and all that."

"Anyway, i am still happy that i finded a new companion. It is like that old speech that they tell in my world: 'The dog's the best friend of the man'"

I use a Rune as a compass to direct me in the direction of Madagascar, and then begin flying at my top speed in its direction while using another Rune to amplify my speed several times.

Back