• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Even More Fairy Tail Revisions (Just Speed Now)

Kepekley23 said:
IMade seems to make more sense here given the scans. Elsa slowed down the meteor by crashing at it and then swung her sword.
Erzaa
It doesn't make sense that she slowed it down by crashing into it because in the two panels in the middle, she's not on the meteor.

Except she wouldn't get splatted, the meteor is immense compared to her so only a portion of its kinetic energy would be transferred to her body, not enough to do much damage.

She would get splattered by a Sub-Rel Meteor, the things going faster than a bullet

@Kep If you needs a context about this, Erza's body has already been fragile, as in all of her except her right hand bones were broken.

...And? The meteor is huge while she is small, very little of the meteor's kinetic energy would be absorbed by her body. That's why ants survive being stepped on and can lift several hundred times their weight.

Captain Torch said:
The main problem with Imade's argument is that Erza crashing into the meteor and then destroying it makes no sense story wise. That would mean that she no selled the meteor, and then destroyed it. But given the manga panels it is pretty obvious she used her maximum to match the meteor.
Even she herself said that the meteor would kill everyone, including her, upon impact

Not to mention the fact that if she would first "crash" into the meteor, she would be sent back by the force of it.
I agree.

Captain Torch said:
The main problem with Imade's argument is that Erza crashing into the meteor and then destroying it makes no sense story wise. That would mean that she no selled the meteor, and then destroyed it. But given the manga panels it is pretty obvious she used her maximum to match the meteor.
Even she herself said that the meteor would kill everyone, including her, upon impact

Not to mention the fact that if she would first "crash" into the meteor, she would be sent back by the force of it.
^^^ Erza crashing into the meteor would debunk her words though. Not to mention, that as DragonMaster said, the middle panels don't show her being on the meteor

Captain Torch said:

^^^
Erza crashing into the meteor would debunk her words though. Not to mention, that as DragonMaster said, the middle panels don't show her being on the meteor

Wow, I said something without even saying it. I'm impressive. ovo

Maybe if @IMade was here then maybe he can go more in-depth of what he meant. My version is that again she had all the time in the world to see the meteor come crashing down that even fodders saw it so she was already preparing herself so when she got close to the meteor she was at the start of her swinging motion

SHe didn't swing until the last moment, her sword is behind her right until she gets close to the meteor

I feel like that's just an art thing. I'm sure the author Wasn't like "I have to show her swing her blade up close to show she is this fast" and more like, that's just how they choose to draw it. That's too minor imo. Everyone would be able to react and see a meteor that large

Whether Erza scales or not scales is secondary in my opinion. The more important question is whether Irene scales to her own Attack Speed, and therefore everyone higher than her.

And the answer to that should be yes, given how we treat every other major series and their feats and scalings.

(I can understand the hestitation regarding Erza, seeing how she perfeclty is not someone higher than her)

@Velvet

Not when Erza has all her bones broken and is dealing with a Sub-Relativistic Meteor inches from her face

Reacting from under those conditions should scale to your speed

You're arguing that for someone that has the biggest pis moments next to natsu lol. A healthy erza would never even do something of this caliber, using broken bones erza suits my point honestly, when she can't even do something at her "peak". No one in fairy tail is this fast or anywhere near it. (I like fairy tail btw) Scaling projectiles in general to someone's own speed is iffy on its own, but of course lots of cases have good reasoning, but assuming this when a meteor comes from space, is even worse, and I don't think the arguments are good enough, could be written off as how the author wanted to draw it, or even pis. Her speed is good as it is, plus everything is speed equalized anyway. Irene definitely isn't as fast as her meteor, acnologia isn't either.

There's also a thing where paying way too much attention to detail can be a bad thing. Reminds me of Mach batman for catching a baseball at point blank

It did lowkey sound like that looking back at it, was referring to speed scaling

Editing to prevent spam. Personally I don't think we should pay attention to such details so intensely like that. There's a calc for batman catching a baseball at point blank and the result was either Mach 10 range or Mhs.. people would frown upon stuff like that

VelvetAngelzz said:
Her speed is good as it is, plus everything is speed equalized anyway. Irene definitely isn't as fast as her meteor, acnologia isn't either.
There's also a thing where paying way too much attention to detail can be a bad thing. Reminds me of Mach batman for catching a baseball at point blank
"Plus everything is speed equalized anyway"

What next? Remove speed from everyone profile since we always use speed equalized?

"Irene definitely isn't as fast as her meteor, acno isn't either"

Well, that's the main topic of the whole thread if Irene is fast as her meteor or not, your comment didn't give any explanation.

Batman is not in it so don't bring him here

And you can't just discard everything by saying it of,

In real world of literally, give you a boost and increase your state(up to a extant)

1. Yes. (Jk) only mentioned casue ppl wanted it so badly as if it would be major change to fairy tail, but speed gets equalized and all was for naught.

2. Uhh what?

3. I was making a point about how paying way too much attention to small details could result in monstrous results. Even when it's inconsistent

4. I have no idea what you mean, sorry

I still don't agree that Erza scales and Kep's comments of: "..And? The meteor is huge while she is small, very little of the meteor's kinetic energy would be absorbed by her body. That's why ants survive being stepped on and can lift several hundred times their weight." Just furthers my stance that Erza doesn't scale. The order of panels and scans do not show her reacting, but hitting the meteor and then reacting.

Raven is right though that Irene should scale in attack speed with this.

I'm not understanding. Irene casted the meteor so of course she gonna know when it comes down or not since it's her spell.

The only ones who would scale to this are Irene, August, Gildarts, Natsu, Zeref, Igneel, Acnologia, POF Erza, and Jellal with Meteor

Not to sound rude or anything but can people who actually fully read this arc or atleast this fight vote because they would know the context of the feat.

So many people bring their negative opinion on Fairy Tail revisions because of the hate train and just come on here and spew whatever they "think" happened.

I've had to correct and explain myself so many times on the most basic of abilities, feats, and context behind what happened because someone who didn't even read/watch the arc let alone the show put their two cents in without knowing anything.

Just a thought.

I never want to assume votes are based on that, it brings a negative vibe, and starts with accusations, I have read the manga several times over, and have extensive knowledge of how the verse works, however I have no more rights then someone who has only read it once, however if someone truly has not read the manga at all, then they really shouln't be here

U guys do know that looking at a feat that's as simple as this one doesn't mean u have to know the series....I can understand to some lvl though if it was something ability wise but if it's just trying to look at a scan then there is nothing wrong with that.

Burning Full Fingers said:
I think Raven is talking about Irene's reactions scaling to the meteor.
If Ezra's feat is this controversial, then I agree with Raven that the speed feat should from Irene's speed/reaction to her meteor.

Irene's Speed would scale and POF Erza scales to her, so yeah, is the discussion settled that Irene scales to the Meteor's Speed

@Blackejan

it's not absolutely necessary, but knowledge of the context and the verse does really help in these kinds of situations

Nedge1000 said:
==UPDATED Speed Votes==
Agreed: 12 (DemonGodMitch, Captain Torch, Nedge1000, DragonEmperor23, 9TailAcno, KaiserReinhardt, AnonymousBlank, Cmue0312, Celestial Judge, RavenSupreme, TriforcePower1, 1997KD)

Disagreed: 10 (BlackeJan, IMadeThisOn8-1-2017, Sigurd Snake in The Eye, Real Cal Howard, Veloxt1r0kore, Damage3245, Wrath Of Itachi, Chibi14, Rin The Dragon Empress, VelvetAngelzz)

Neutral: 3 (Hst Master, AstralKing7, Dragonmasterxyz)
It seems that the majority support the speed upgrades. Edit: Updated again.

Alright, so majority of people agree with it, Not to mention that Raven has decided to agree with the scaling, I think it's Ok to do it, however I know there will still be discourse

Back