• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Esdeath vs. Evileye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dargoo_Faust

Blue Doggo Enthusiast
VS Battles
Retired
The last Evileye match I made got Hakaied, so maybe using a character that just got downgraded will increase my chances of getting a good match. Esdeath is 3.9 mT from what I remember, Evileye is baseline 7-B or 6.3 mT.

Battle takes place in the plaza at E-Rantel during the night. Speed is equalized, Base Esdeath, otherwise Standard Battle Assumptions.

Evileye - 1 (Kirby)

Esdeath - 7 (Schnee, Szmiit, Apies, IMade, Anonymous, Jugger, Zack)

Incon -

Evileye Profile
Even if you desire power, don't give up your humanity.

Esdeath
"Executed? Me? Well let's see who shall be executed today!"

Esdeath is 3.9

Although I do need to double check that feat as it does kinda make me wonder where the nitrogen assumption is from

That's fair

Granted it seems incredibly odd an Overlord character doesn't resist Time stuff or is she not PVP?

She's not part of Nazarick, which would be the only place where you can assume time resistance as it was Ainz who stated that preparations for time-based abilities are an essential for combat.

So, timestop would affect her.

Hmm....This is interesting

What are some of her usual go to stuff and how potent is it? And how fast does she use it?

Her first move against Demiurge was Shard Buck Shots, and her first move against the Combat Maids was to create a forcefeild around herself before also using Shard Buck Shots.

I haven't read ahead in the Light Novel, but she also has spells she can use to reverse gravity, induce petrification in an area around herself, and can go invisible.

Forcefields seem solid for avoiding Ice Spam, but not Time Stop albeit Esdeath doesn't use it all that soon.

What do Shard Buck shots do?

"Shard Buck Shots: A spell used to create many crystals smaller than the size of a fist shot out in a scattered pattern. These are crystal fragments which sharp front ends. Originally, it would be used in close-quarter combat to inflict enormous harm."

Basically she creates crystals (not ice) as pointed projectiles and fires them off. There's a gif of it on the profile too.

Her main gig is earth-based abilities; she can make a large sandstorm around her to confuse opponents, use crystals as projectile weapons, and form protective walls out of crystal.

All her attacks also lifedrain and her herself.

I'm not entirely sure. I think it was in the Light Novel, so I'll ask about it on the overlord general discussion thread.

Schnee One said:
That's literally Esdeaths ice Spam lol. I like this match
How good is petrification?
Far inferion version of ice Spam, just from mass alone, if I remember correctly.

Hmm.

Right lemme list out the battle and give my vote when most of the people give enough input.

AP: Evileye, but the difference isn't even 2x

Speed: Equal, because Overlord still lacks good speed feats as angry as I am because of that.

Abilities: Evileye, while more versatile, doesn't have many abilities that can affect Esdeath before she time stops her and slapping her across the face, only petrification which isn't that good of what Szmiit says is correct.

Conclusion: I think Esdeath takes this, albeit slightly, resistance to ice manipulation doesn't cancel time Stop anymore so Evileye is going to have to hit Esbae with a Killing blow before she stops time. Considering everything said, voting Esdeath for now

This is close though, more arguments and I can see Incon

Just to avoid missunderstandings because I'm not sure if we understand eachother - I was talking only about Shard Buck Shots, nothing about Petrification, since I dont remember how that worked.

Shard Buck vs Ice Spam

I vote Esdeath

As Tatsumi said "She's on a whole different level".

At least when comparing their signature atacks.

Edit:

Now that I think about it Shard Buck Shot has more-less twice the velocity - so she has an edge. However Esdeath's control of her Ice is far far superior - Evileye has a few crystal moves, (probably three - dagger, buckshot, and wall) while Esdeath does whatever she wants, with only limits beeing max velocity (problem) and mass (not a problem). Their delay between choosing atack and launching is similar - about one secound.

Still vote Esdeath.

From what I'm gathering I think she's just stated to have the spell, and the spell itself isn't described, so we just know "she can petrify things but she's never used it in battle and we don't know exactly how".

Esdeath - 2 (Schnee, Szmiit)

In OP you mixed up Evileye and Esdeath's votes.

For now, I'll go for Evileye due to AP and better versatility with abilities. All Esdeath has is Time Stop, but she doesn't start or use it all the time nor does she spam it completely. As well, Evileye has some healing so she can survive an attrition fight.

Oops, lol.

Esdeath - 2 (Schnee, Szmiit)

Evileye - 1 (Kirby)

Since she didn't try it against even against the "Spider Girl" it is probably easy to resist, and Esdeath has magicla blood, so mabye could resist things that are easy to resist. Moreover she has to shout skill name before using it, so Esteath would probably try to block with ice or evade. Moreover not used in character so probably Evileye wouldn't start with it.

Without more info Esdeath has a wincon, while Evileye mabye has one.

Hi @ThePixelKirby you ninja'd me.

What atack gives Evileye that AP? Do you think it can go through Esdeath's ice walls?

By being baseline 7-B, having leveled a city with one of her spells as Landfall, having gotten stronger in the past 200 years when that happened and a bunch of statements reiterating basically the same thing.

Since she is about double Esdeath's AP, she will go through the walls after a few hits max.

Szmiit said:
What atack gives Evileye that AP?
Evileye was stated to casually level cities and towns. It's not as much of an attack as it is just what's she's capable of.

Evileye does have a wincon in raw AP and Regenerationn.

I'm not sure exactly what the feat is but OP probably knows. She kept up with the Combat Maids for a decently long amount of time, too.

Evileye has baseline City AP, while Esdeath has Small City AP and Dura. That, alongside Evileye's healing, means Esdeath just won't be able to put her down, even with time stop.

Szmiit said:
Moreover she has to shout skill name before using it, so Esteath would probably try to block with ice or evade.
You don't need to say the spell you're casting in Overlord if I remember right. I think it's mostly just done for effect, but I might be wrong.

I believe Ainz has a skill for silent casting, though.

I might be wrong. I'd check but I'm on mobile and in class.

@Kirby

You should focus on your studies. And yeah she doesn't silent cast. She does where a mask though so she could just whisper them.

@ThePixelKirby As I said I didn't refresh before posting and haven't seen your AP claim when talking about no wincon.

The question is however how is her Town-Blasting-Skill/Spell casted. I mean if it is some long chant with preparing and slow execution Esdeath could protect herself, evade, or just snipe Evileye before chant is over. However if Evileye could just spam that skill she would be usually winning. Therefore since it is not in character for her to use such a skill I don't count her AP advantage.

Except that Town-Blasting-Skill/Spell Evileye has also that piercing spell that could get her a win but i don't think it is enough.

@AnonymousBlank She could cast silently but doesn't in character.

Evileye was stated to casually level cities and towns. It's not as much of an attack as it is just what's she's capable of.

I'd say it's just the general power of her abilities. She hurts similar city-level characters with her spells, after all.

What Kirby said.

Her forcefields could also repel attacks from the Battle Maids, who are explicitly stronger than her. Heck, she even took a couple of direct hits from Yuri Alpha.

Right. Her durability is more than enough to tank Esdeath's attacks, and she has Regenerationn to boot. That and the AP advantage means Evileye should take this.

For reference, Yuri Alpha has city-level AP and is 7-B as well, likely above basline. Even assuming she held back, that's quite a bit.

I wouldn't say that the AP gap is that large. Esdeath can certainly kill her with enough attacks in stopped time, but not easily.

One attack to a vital area along with a single hit is more then enough unless she's truely well above Baseline and her profile needs some serious editing

It's not huge but it's close to x2, which is quite a fair bit considering Esdeath isn't one-shotting Evileye anytime soon. Evileye has forcefields and the durability to take attack's from stronger Nazarick Maids.

Then she freezes her and shatters her head as usual, that small of an AP gap alone doesn't save you.

https://m.imgur.com/nHvUSKY

She's hardly 2x either, a casual Esdeath did the feat while not as strong, and Low Mid doesn't cover your head

And to top this off. Yes, she has versatility, but it's meaningless if she can't kill Esdeath before she time stops, since she doesn't and Evileye has no way to survive Time Stop due to the minuscule Gap in strength, Regen only good if Esdeath didn't target the head of shatter her, which she does, and assuming the gap is that large. Which it isn't (She's only a 3/4ths stronger)

To say such a small advantage with regen that won't work in time Stop will save her simply is t enough

Technically ISCIC isn't restricted so Esdeath is actually High 6-B

Seriously though, Esdeath is relentless and Evileye actually hurting her is just gonna make Esdeath wet with excitment, meaning she's gonna fight even harder and push herself to the limit. It might even push her to use Time Stop a little early cause while she usually doesn't Esdeath is a combat genius and will use it when it's nessasary, plus she's fought regenerators before and knows how to deal with them.

Esdeath has fun, mid to high difficulty.

Freezing Evileye would be hard if she can put up a forcefield that took Yuri Alpha and C224 Delta, someone explicitly stronger than her and someone comparable to her, a good number of attacks to break.

That put, I see Esdeath getting past that via timestop and eventually closing in for freezing attacks.

Esdeath - 3 (Schnee, Szmiit, Apies)

Evileye - 1 (Kirbey)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back