• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
so you're telling me that Pupitar can enhance himself by 6x his AP and 4x his speed and with Chip away he can negate his stats?

well what can i say except get it out of the tournament
No, not 6x.
In game mechanics, each +1 to a stat's modification stage above the base value (Stage 0) is 50% of the base value, & each stat can't go higher than 4x its base value this way.
So if Pupitar started with like, 420 ATK & 256 Speed, to choose completely arbitrary values, & used Dragon Dance, that'd be +1 to ATK & +1 to Speed per Dragon Dance. Since the base is 420 ATK & 256 Speed, each dance would add the equivalent of 210 ATK & 128 Speed, to explain it somewhat loosely & abstractly.

Since each boost is another 50% of the base value added on, 6 boosts to a stat is adding 300% of the base value, meaning a stat at +6 is at FOUR TIMES the base value.
So in our example of 420 ATK & 256 Speed at base (Values likely not actually accurate; They're just for example & explanation purposes.), +6 would have them at the equivalent of around quadruple that: 1,680 ATK & 1,024. Because 100% (The unmodified base value is 100% of itself.) plus 6 instances of 50% of the base value being added on = 400%.

Anyway, it'd require Pupitar not wanting to thrash about & destroy & kill long enough to set up like that, even if it might enjoy doing the explicitly vigorous, mystical dance that is Dragon Dance. & Chip Away only ignores foes' Defensive & Evasive boosts, & only during that instance of Chip Away being used.

Plus, dancing a bunch requires time investment; Each Dragon Dance for +1 ATK stage boost +1 Speed stage boost would be an individual move. It can't just put up six dances INSTANTLY.

Hopefully that helps explains things.

Wait, if we assume its a peak pokemon for every profile, would that not mean that this would be an Alpha Pupitar? Because Alpha pokemon get a passive stat amp at the start of the fight.

Also Pupitar would be allowed to Dynamax which adds a few more things in its favor.

Wait, if we assume its a peak pokemon for every profile, would that not mean that this would be an Alpha Pupitar? Because Alpha pokemon get a passive stat amp at the start of the fight.

Also Pupitar would be allowed to Dynamax which adds a few more things in its favor.
wouldn't that be a key on his own?

Typically buffing themselves. Since it’s shown in Mystery Dungeon that speed amps grant the users extra turns to do more moves, the most logical thing would be to use Dragon Dance before proceeding to do their strongest moves to finish their opponents off quickly.
Objection, even if we assume PMD is canon enough for boosts, that's just one depiction and all other depictions (i.e. the majority) are equally valid and don't involve boosting.
Additionally, even in PMD chain boosting is a very rare occurence amongst wild Pokémon. I don't think they consistently boost more than one before the player can move, even if they could. Like, again, you don't regularly meet +6 Pokémon in the game.

No, not 6x.
In game mechanics, each +1 to a stat's modification stage above the base value (Stage 0) is 50% of the base value, & each stat can't go higher than 4x its base value this way.
So if Pupitar started with like, 420 ATK & 256 Speed, to choose completely arbitrary values, & used Dragon Dance, that'd be +1 to ATK & +1 to Speed per Dragon Dance. Since the base is 420 ATK & 256 Speed, each dance would add the equivalent of 210 ATK & 128 Speed, to explain it somewhat loosely & abstractly.

Since each boost is another 50% of the base value added on, 6 boosts to a stat is adding 300% of the base value, meaning a stat at +6 is at FOUR TIMES the base value.
So in our example of 420 ATK & 256 Speed at base (Values likely not actually accurate; They're just for example & explanation purposes.), +6 would have them at the equivalent of around quadruple that: 1,680 ATK & 1,024. Because 100% (The unmodified base value is 100% of itself.) plus 6 instances of 50% of the base value being added on = 400%.

Anyway, it'd require Pupitar not wanting to thrash about & destroy & kill long enough to set up like that, even if it might enjoy doing the explicitly vigorous, mystical dance that is Dragon Dance. & Chip Away only ignores foes' Defensive & Evasive boosts, & only for that instance of Chip Away being used.

Plus, dancing a bunch requires time investment; Each Dragon Dance for +1 ATK stage boost +1 Speed stage boost would be an individual move. It can't just put up six dances INSTANTLY.

Hopefully that helps explains things.
Yep, that seems to be accurate. Since Thrashing will inflict confusion after Pupitar finishes, Tatsumi would probably win after Pupitar thrashes even once.

On another note, I'm looking at his IQ skills, and I guess some of them could be useful? Clutch Performer gives +2 Evasion under 25% HP and Intimidator gives a 33% chance to cancel a close-ranged attack by making the attacker cringe(What?).

wouldn't that be a key on his own?
I think Alpha Pokemon is some sort of general in-verse thing that way too many Pokemon have to be added as a seperate key.

Objection, even if we assume PMD is canon enough for boosts, that's just one depiction and all other depictions (i.e. the majority) are equally valid and don't involve boosting.
Additionally, even in PMD chain boosting like that is a very rare occurence amongst wild Pokémon. I don't think they consistently boost more than one before the player can move, even if they could.
Does Pupitar even have any depictions as a wild Pokemon in other depictions (apart from the games, but those don't tell us much)

Any boost that will take anyone above 7-B is not allowed is it?
That means no one shotting is happening here and it is left to skills.
Does Pupitar have anh hax that can one shot tatsumi?
Also if Tatsumi goes invisible what can pupitar do? also do not say earthquake he has less than an average human intelligence so lets keep it that way.

Does Pupitar even have any depictions as a wild Pokemon in other depictions (apart from the games, but those don't tell us much)
The games tells us as much as PMD, namely what the AI would do. So yeah, there are those depictions.

Maybe there's one in Pokémon Ranger? Maybe also the manga but idk, would have to check.

Also if Tatsumi goes invisible what can pupitar do? also do not say earthquake he has less than an average human intelligence so lets keep it that way.
He is Above Average in battle so yes Pupitar can Earthquake.
Since Pupitar's screeching would only work on Tatsumi once, this means that Pupitar can only get up to 6x Tatsumi's durability and can't one shot.

so does Pupitar start with Thrashable? after screeching? and he get confused when he does that?

if so then Tatsumi can just hit him when he get confused

also what does Thrashable and Screeching do?

The games tells us as much as PMD, namely what the AI would do. So yeah, there are those depictions.

Maybe there's one in Pokémon Ranger? Maybe also the manga but idk, would have to check.
It doesn't seem that there are any wild depictions in Adventures and the anime at least. Ranger has this:

Pokémon Ranger
Group:Poké Assist:Rock PA.png
Field move:None
Loops: 13Min. exp.: 45Max. exp.: 59
Browser entry R-194
Pupitar tackles with its spiky body and makes numerous rocks tumble down.
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia
Group:Poké Assist:Ground PA.png
Field move:Crush 2 field move.png
(Crush ×2)
Browser entry R-121
It leaps around incredibly quickly while ramming to attack.
Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs
Group:Poké Assist:
(present)
Ground Assist.png
Field move:
(present)
Crush 3 field move.png
(Crush ×3)
Poké Assist:
(past)
Ground Assist.png
Field move:
(past)
Crush 1 field move.png
(Crush ×1)
Browser entry R-217/N-088
It triggers tremors and opens fissures that make Pokémon Paused.

Tremors do mean Earthquakes, right? Also Pupitar can't learn Fissure so no OHKO spamming.

so does Pupitar start with Thrashable? after screeching? and he get confused when he does that?

if so then Tatsumi can just hit him when he get confused

also what does Thrashable and Screeching do?
Screech lowers the opponent's defense by 2 stages.

Thrash deals damage for 2-3 turns then leaves Pupitar confused for 1-4 turns

Yep, that seems to be accurate. Since Thrashing will inflict confusion after Pupitar finishes, Tatsumi would probably win after Pupitar thrashes even once.
As others have mentioned, Above Average Intelligence, plus as I detailed, other moves are possible, like Dragon Dance, Payback, Stomping Tantrum, Earthquake, Screech, maybe Scary Face early on, Hyper Beam, etc., given Pupitar's restless, rampaging nature.
On another note, I'm looking at his IQ skills, and I guess some of them could be useful? Clutch Performer gives +2 Evasion under 25% HP and Intimidator gives a 33% chance to cancel a close-ranged attack by making the attacker cringe(What?).
Many IQ Skills can be useful. Are they allowed here?
As for the Cringe status, it's what PMD calls the flinching status; A Pokemon that flinches does so for 1 turn, & does nothing on the turn it flinches.
I think Alpha Pokemon is some sort of general in-verse thing that way too many Pokemon have to be added as a seperate key.
At the very least, most, if not all Pokemon in Hisui (Ancient Sinnoh.) & then some can be Alpha Pokemon.
They're sparse, with most Pupitar showings being those owned by trainers:

Pupitar debuted in The Mystery is History, under the ownership of Ritchie and the nickname of Cruise. It reappeared in A Parent Trapped! and A Promise is a Promise.

In A Poached Ego!, Rico owns a Pupitar. It evolved into a Tyranitar while attacking Team Rocket, who were releasing the Ekans and Koffing Rico had stolen.

Minor appearances​

A Pupitar appeared in a fantasy in Pinch Healing!.

In a flashback in Trials of a Budding Master!, a Trainer's Pupitar battled Ash in a World Coronation Series match.

In the manga​

Pupitar in Pokémon Adventures

Pokémon Adventures​

In one of Lance's flashbacks about how he first encountered Silver in Popular Pupitar, he switched out Pupitar to counter the Pursuit from Silver's Murkrow. He was later given to Silver and evolved into Tyranitar before being returned to Lance.

In The Last Battle XIII, a Pupitar was sent to participate in the fight in Ilex Forest.

A Pupitar appeared in PS585.

A Pupitar appeared in a flashback in PS589.

A Pupitar belonging to an Aether Foundation Employee first appeared in Play the Melody That Echoes in the Altar.

Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver: Pokédex Completion Comic​

A Pupitar appeared in Pokémon HeartGold SoulSilver: Pokédex Completion Comic.

Pokémon Pocket Monsters​

In The Great Helper!!, Red's fantasy featured a Pupitar.

In the TCG​

Main article: Pupitar (TCG)
Do you count attacks doubling their own power as parts of their own effects?
Also, 7-B caps at 100 Megatons. Tatsumi is 33, & Pupitar is 45.88. There's room for boosting.
Also if Tatsumi goes invisible what can pupitar do?
Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Sandstorm, & Hyper Beam are among its ranged options.
also do not say earthquake he has less than an average human intelligence so lets keep it that way.
Please reread the intelligence section from Pupitar's profile I quoted earlier:

Intelligence: Below Average normally (Capable of coherent speech between other Pokémon, a degree of understanding of commands and social situations, and can solve minor puzzles, though still mostly driven by instinct), Above Average in battle as Larvitar and Pupitar (Pokémon are hard-wired for battle and even in the wild can master many moves and fight the likes of Machop which train in all martial arts), Gifted in battle as Tyranitar (Should be superior to 1st and 2nd stage Pokémon and are able to consistently fight the likes of Machamp which have mastered all martial arts, as well as Alakazam)

Screech lowers the opponent's defense by 2 stages.

Thrash deals damage for 2-3 turns then leaves Pupitar confused for 1-4 turns
i mean does screeching is a sound based stat reduct? because if so well Tatsumi already resist sound manip

also how does it work Thrash specifically? like does he tackle Tatsumi or something like that?

i mean does screeching is a sound based stat reduct? because if so well Tatsumi already resist sound manip

also how does it work Thrash specifically? like does he tackle Tatsumi or something like that?
The user rampages and attacks for two to three turns. The user then becomes confused.

It doesn't specify, although considering Pupitar's lack of bodily extremities, it is likely to be a tackle.

Pupitar can also lower Tatsumi's durability with Leer (vision-based dura reduction) and Crunch (Physical damage-based dura reduction)

Also Focus Energy makes it so that Pupitar's attacks have a 50% chance to deal double damage

"An earsplitting screech harshly lowers the target's Defense stat."
Basis of Tatsumi's Resistance?
"The user rampages and attacks for two to three turns. The user then becomes confused."

Some of the Pokedex entries I quoted earlier detail Pupitar's thrashing habits, but for reading convenience & clarification, I'll post entries again:

GoldIts shell is as hard as sheet rock, and it is also very strong. Its Thrashing can topple a mountain.
SilverEven sealed in its shell, it can move freely. Hard and fast, it has outstanding destructive power.
CrystalIt will not stay still, even while it's a pupa. It already has arms and legs under its solid shell.
Ruby/SapphirePupitar creates a gas inside its body that it compresses and forcefully ejects to propel itself like a jet. The body is very durable - it avoids damage even if it hits solid steel.
Black 2/White 2This pupa flies around wildly by venting with great force the gas pressurized inside its body.
Ultra SunThis troublesome Pokémon can't wait to evolve, so it relieves its stress by wildly propelling itself around using compressed gas.

TL;DR - Its thrashing is likely forcefully propelling itself like a jet to fly arond wildly.
The user rampages and attacks for two to three turns. The user then becomes confused.

It doesn't specify, although considering Pupitar's lack of bodily extremities, it is likely to be a tackle.
Technically incorrect; It has arms & legs under its solid shell.

He is Above Average in battle so yes Pupitar can Earthquake.
I am saying can he think that fast to cause an earthquake cause an opponent disappeared, he will look around first and that is enough for tatsumi to neg him. unless you say "oh he cannot see his opponent, then he goes for earthquake immediately" which is not plausible since the normal thing is to stop and look around first.
Since Pupitar's screeching would only work on Tatsumi once, this means that Pupitar can only get up to 6x Tatsumi's durability and can't one shot.
If he hits tatsumi with 6X tatsumi ap, tats RE the next time to match that, so how can pupitar keep up?
Chip Away, which just outright ignores Tatsumi's stat amps
ignoring stat amps does not mean one shot, tats has no stat amps to begin with.
Rock Slide, Stone Edge, Sandstorm, & Hyper Beam are among its ranged options
How does this range attacks counter invisibility, please read what I asked well.
Do you count attacks doubling their own power as parts of their own effects?
Also, 7-B caps at 100 Megatons. Tatsumi is 33, & Pupitar is 45.88. There's room for boosting.
Not enough for one shot, to which tatsumi gets stronger after which he literally stomps

Not enough for one shot, to which tatsumi gets stronger after which he literally stomps
Chip Away would ignore Tatsumi's amps and Pupitar cn amp its own durability, ap, and speed to the same degree Tatsumi can so Tatsumi will not have any way to oneshot
How does this range attacks counter invisibility, please read what I asked well.
Sandstorm covers the entire battlefield in a sandstorm that buffets everyone inside of it other than Pupitar, Rock Slide and Stone Edge are AoE attacks

Pupitar also has access to Stealth Rock which is an AoE homing attack

If he hits tatsumi with 6X tatsumi ap, tats RE the next time to match that, so how can pupitar keep up?
I'm skeptical Tatsumi will be in a good condition to fight if he were hit that hard. Quite close to one-shot range aside.
(Also, where are you getting 6x from? It'd be closer to 5.56x if Pupitar is at max boosts because (45.88 * 4) / 33.)
This is true, although it'll be relevant against Reactive Evolution.
What Weekly said.

Chip Away would ignore Tatsumi's amps and Pupitar cn amp its own durability, ap, and speed to the same degree Tatsumi can so Tatsumi will not have any way to oneshot
Again tatsumi has no stats amp
Sandstorm covers the entire battlefield in a sandstorm that buffets everyone inside of it other than Pupitar, Rock Slide and Stone Edge are AoE attacks

None of which one shots him, and he adapts literally immediately after he gets hit once
I'm skeptical Tatsumi will be in a good condition to fight if he were hit that hard. Quite close to one-shot range aside.
(Also, where are you getting 6x from? It'd be closer to 5.56x if Pupitar is at max boosts because (45.88 * 4) / 33.)
He could fight and knock away High 6B and 7-A as 7-B, so I am sure he will be fine, and besides 6X pupitar is already above 7-B so it is not allowed
This is true, although it'll be relevant against Reactive Evolution.
How, RE is not stat amp, he is now this strong not like he gets a boost, his normal AP is now this XX not that he reverts back to the previous AP.

Again tatsumi has no stats amp
Reactive Evolution boosting your stats isn't a Stat Amp?
None of which one shots him, and he adapts literally immediately after he gets hit once
I believe the point of mentioning Sandstorm was visibility. Also, adapting to the small passive damage from the sandstorm to adapt to one-shotting AP?
He could fight and knock away High 6B and 7-A as 7-B,
Is that documented on his profile or such? A 7-A beating a 6-B without being amplified is... intriguing to me.
so I am sure he will be fine, and besides 6X pupitar is already above 7-B so it is not allowed
A +6 Stat Boost Pokemon is not x6, it's x4. As I've said before, each +1 is 50% of base. 100% (The base value.) plus six 50% boosts = 400%.
How, RE is not stat amp, he is now this strong not like he gets a boost, his normal AP is now this XX not that he reverts back to the previous AP.
I'm not sure what to say on the matter of "Reactive Evolution making you stronger isn't a stat boost because it changes your base strength compared to your previous strength", but it may be worth clarifying that Chip Away only IGNORES not UNDOES the target's Defensive Stat Changes, & only for the duration of that instance of Chip Away's use.

I am saying can he think that fast to cause an earthquake cause an opponent disappeared, he will look around first and that is enough for tatsumi to neg him. unless you say "oh he cannot see his opponent, then he goes for earthquake immediately" which is not plausible since the normal thing is to stop and look around first.
And how does Tatsumi neg him?

Basis of Tatsumi's Resistance?
Adapted to be immune to a sonic ability on the first usage[22]. This sonic ability pulverized the bones inside opponents while also rendering them paralyzed[13]

would Pupitar even use Chip Away in character? like from what i understand seem to be more prone to use moves like Screeching and Thrash

and about invisible, if Pupitar use sandstorm Tatsumi would just adapt to it, and stone edge could just dodge it,

Reactive Evolution boosting your stats isn't a Stat Amp?
it is not, it is accelerated development, reactive evolution is what makes you adapt to hax
I believe the point of mentioning Sandstorm was visibility. Also, adapting to the small passive damage from the sandstorm to adapt to one-shotting AP?

Is that documented on his profile or such? A 7-A beating a 6-B without being amplified is... intriguing to me.
He did not beat them, he was taking hits and getting one shotted, before rising up again, then next time he matches their own AP
A +6 Stat Boost Pokemon is not x6, it's x4. As I've said before, each +1 is 50% of base. 100% (The base value.) plus six 50% boosts = 400%.
which is above 7-B, which is not allowed, even though it is not one shot gap
I'm not sure what to say on the matter of "Reactive Evolution making you stronger isn't a stat boost because it changes your base strength compared to your previous strength", but it may be worth clarifying that Chip Away only IGNORES not UNDOES the target's Defensive Stat Changes, & only for the duration of that instance of Chip Away's use.
I read it, and it says ignores stats amps, Accelerated development and RE are not stats amps.
Put it this way, lets say you need a week of training to increase your punch Ap to 50megatons from 20megatons normally, but then you got a move power called omega, that allows you to increase your AP to 50megatons for a minute so you said you do not need to train, the ability called "omega" is a stat amp.
Accelerated development on the other hand, your normal Ap moved from 20megatons to 50megatons through one hour of training since you catch on fast.
So chip away will not be doing anything here.
And how does Tatsumi neg him?
He has a spear which is metal, which is the pokemon weakness, and actually attacks him

Growing through RE would be like gaining stats by evolving or levelling up in pokemon, so i'm not sure if we can assume chip away will deal with that.
Tatsumi should have a comfortable skill edge over Pupitar, so Pupitar will likely need to keep it's speed buffed in order to land hits. Specially with invisibility. AOE moves like earthquake and sandstorm would probably still hit him, but the latter doesn't do that much damage. ( it might help Pupitar to get around it's invisibility to an extent, considering the sand would give out his shape )

Thanks for the clarification.
would Pupitar even use Chip Away in character? like from what i understand seem to be more prone to use moves like Screeching and Thrash
Presumably it might use Chip Away if it sees Tatsumi tanking its attacks better than normally. Above Average in combat, according to the Intelligence section.
and about invisible, if Pupitar use sandstorm Tatsumi would just adapt to it, and stone edge could just dodge it,
But how long does that adaptation take? Even seconds is a long time in a battle when the slowest speed is Massively Hypersonic+, a Speed range which BEGINS at 343,000 m/s.
it is not, it is accelerated development, reactive evolution is what makes you adapt to hax
But Tatsumi would be getting stronger/boosting his stats via Accelerated Development, wouldn't he?
He did not beat them, he was taking hits and getting one shotted, before rising up again, then next time he matches their own AP
Which key is that for? Is it above or below his current key? Because if he needs that kind of time for his adaptation here.... (Although, supposedly, he did go to 3rd, 4th, & 5th in 1 fight, but I'm not sure if that's a feat for a key above his one here.)
which is above 7-B, which is not allowed, even though it is not one shot gap
Yeah, I know. I was just correcting you on how a Pokemon at +6 is not 6x its base in that stat but 4x. (& also, in this case, Pupitar could go slightly above 2x its base.)
I read it, and it says ignores stats amps, Accelerated development and RE are not stats amps.
Put it this way, lets say you need a week of training to increase your punch Ap to 50megatons from 20megatons normally, but then you got a move power called omega, that allows you to increase your AP to 50megatons for a minute so you said you do not need to train, the ability called "omega" is a stat amp.
Accelerated development on the other hand, your normal Ap moved from 20megatons to 50megatons through one hour of training since you catch on fast.
So chip away will not be doing anything here.
So your argument is that its changing his base strength rather than boosting him?

Thanks for the clarification.
no problem
Presumably it might use Chip Away if it sees Tatsumi tanking its attacks better than normally. Above Average in combat, according to the Intelligence section.
so no first thing to use

also after everything you said about him, i'm more conviced that he wouldn't use it in character
But how long does that adaptation take? Even seconds is a long time in a battle when the slowest speed is Massively Hypersonic+, a Speed range which BEGINS at 343,000 m/s.
excatly after being hit, as explained in the scans

Adapted to be immune to a sonic ability on the first usage[22]. This sonic ability pulverized the bones inside opponents while also rendering them paralyzed[13]

When you mean on the first time, do you mean that the sonic ability hit him once already or did he just neg it.

Chip Away says: Looking for an opening, the user strikes consistently. The target's stat changes don't affect this attack's damage.

Pokemon are all hard-wired for battle, but that might not mean anything.

Also, we include IQ skills for pre-Gen 5 Pokemon, which means that Pupitar may get a 40% crit rate on super effective moves that ignores crit rate modifiers such as focus energy, gets whatever this is "All moves with 5 accuracy stars (and some moves with 4 accuracy stars, along with Blizzard) will no longer miss under normal conditions.", which might apply to Rock Slide and Stone Edge, but that also reduces evasion, apparently, gets a +1 Attack and Special Attack boost for the next turn if their move fails, gets a passive +1 to Attack and Special Attack at the cost of a -1 to Defense and Special Defense, has a 12% chance to counterattack foes for 100% of damage at the cost of -1 Defense which also stacks with the passive +1 to Attack, gets +2 evasion when under 25% health and has a 33% chance to cancel an incoming close-ranged attack via "Cringe". My question is whether we consider Pokemon Conquest abilities here, in which case Pupitar deals 1/8 damage to its attacker on contact.

He has a spear which is metal, which is the pokemon weakness, and actually attacks him
Even with supereffective hits this won't oneshot, while with IQ skills this has a 33% chance to fail and if it suceeds, Pupitar has a 12% chance to counter for 100% of damage dealt with the counterattack damage apparently stacking with Pupitar's +1 Attack, with those two IQ skills also giving Pupitar -2 Defense, which still doesnt one shot Tatsumi but is also above 7-B, so idk.

Also, how long would the buffs/debuffs Pupitar applies last here before fading out? Because if Tatsumi can outlast them he gets a golden opportunity at trashing Pupitar before it can apply them again

no problem

so no first thing to use

also after everything you said about him, i'm more conviced that he wouldn't use it in character

So if Pupitar doesn't use Chip Away in character, than apart from Pupitar's Normal, Dark and also Outrage, he has exactly one use of every offensive move.
Pupitar would also not be likely to use Ancient Power in character, but that wouldn't be worth much anyways
Also, how long would the buffs/debuffs Pupitar applies last here before fading out? Because if Tatsumi can outlast them he gets a golden opportunity at trashing Pupitar before it can apply them again
Until Pupitar swictches out/runs away or the battle ends. I have a feeling that since it's a Wild Pupitar, it can't switch out, and running away is against the rules of VS Battles, it has to fight.

so no first thing to use

Maybe not immediately, but it seems intelligent enough to use it if it sees the circumstances for.
What about when he fought Budo? Why couldn't he one-shot Budo immediately after being hit?
Why did he need Leone's help if his adaptation should be enough for him to make him go from disadvantaged to being able to one-shot?
Why did it take him exchanging blows?
In the mainline games, stat changes last indefinitely, but are removed when a Pokemon is returned to its Poke Ball.
Beyond that, I don't know of many circumstances where stat boosts for a Pokemon are innately temporary.
What @Ret_of_Guys said, really.
So if Pupitar doesn't use Chip Away in character, than apart from Pupitar's Normal, Dark and also Outrage, he has exactly one use of every offensive move.
Pupitar would also not be likely to use Ancient Power in character, but that wouldn't be worth much anyways
It may also be notable that Payback has double power if the user moves after the opponent, & Stomping Tantrum has double power if the previous move missed or failed. (& as a quake itself, Stomping Tantrum likely isn't easily evaded.)

When you mean on the first time, do you mean that the sonic ability hit him once already or did he just neg it.
just neg it
yes, also

Outrage is the move that let the Pokemon compleltely go nuts and go for attacking the opponent using his body right?

that would be a bad idea for Pupitar since Tatsumi can just dodge or use Invisibility to hide his presence or even hit and run Pupitar

What about when he fought Budo? Why couldn't he one-shot Budo immediately after being hit?
Why did he need Leone's help if his adaptation should be enough for him to make him go from disadvantaged to being able to one-shot?
Why did it take him exchanging blows?
ah i tought you meant his Reactive evolution when he gains resistances, in that case after being hit

this questin above is another thing

just neg it

yes, also

Outrage is the move that let the Pokemon compleltely go nuts and go for attacking the opponent using his body right?

that would be a bad idea for Pupitar since Tatsumi can just dodge or use Invisibility to hide his presence or even hit and run Pupitar
Thrash does the same thing as Outrage, and yeah you're correct. Although Pupitar might accidentally hit Tatsumi, it "relieves its stress by wildly propelling itself", so Pupitar might be hard to hit in this stage and IQ skill shennanigans such as nullifying attacks or counterattacking if Tatsumi does hit Pupitar.

But Tatsumi would be getting stronger/boosting his stats via Accelerated Development, wouldn't he?
He is not boosting his stats, he is actually becoming stronger, his baseline is increasing, it is not a boost or juice that runs out
Which key is that for? Is it above or below his current key? Because if he needs that kind of time for his adaptation here.... (Although, supposedly, he did go to 3rd, 4th, & 5th in 1 fight, but I'm not sure if that's a feat for a key above his one here.)
He did not change forms, he was simply in his second form and still getting stronger
So your argument is that its changing his base strength rather than boosting him?
Correct
Even with supereffective hits this won't oneshot, while with IQ skills this has a 33% chance to fail and if it suceeds, Pupitar has a 12% chance to counter for 100% of damage dealt with the counterattack damage apparently stacking with Pupitar's +1 Attack, with those two IQ skills also giving Pupitar -2 Defense, which still doesnt one shot Tatsumi but is also above 7-B, so idk.
Tatsumi does not need to oneshot, he just needs to get close enough, and then after a few blows, he outskils and stomps

Back