• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Baroque

• Round 1: Just kinda walks in and most things fall over in a spatially distorted heap of simultaneously frozen and charred bits, most of which are being rapidly aged to nothing. The Imps might cause some issues collectively, but the reduction in the Aura of Distortion range shouldn't be much.
  • Round 2: See above. Chaos Beasts might be an issue, but I'm fairly certain that the aura can affect other Baroques, who are similar in conceptual physiology to the Chaos Beast.
  • Round 3: See above again. The Cambion would actually be easier than normal to take out, granted not by much since its a really weak Demon in the grand scheme of things.
  • Round 4: Here we have issues. This is a lot of fairly powerful Devils, so the passive aura is probably as small as it can possibly be. Moreover, the Barbed Devil breathing turns the Baroque into mist. The Baroques are dumbasses so they have no interest in the gems, which means that it'll have to fight 4 other Baroques at once. Needless to say, that's not survivable, much less so with the Low 7-B bearing down on him.
Void Knight

• Round 1: I don't believe anyone in this round can actually hit him, much less survive the conceptual damage.
  • Round 2: Mind Flayer is the only one that can hit him as far as I am aware, and he has Magic Cancellation for that. For context, unless the MF puts more power than usual into his spells, they just don't do anything because they're treated as having been cast with less energy than is required to actually do anything. It's like trying to cast Wish with a level 7 spell slot, aka it doesn't compute.
  • Round 3: Kuo-Toas can't do much outside of magic, which is negged as with the MF. Cambion can be an issue due to comparable AP and the fact that it can actually hit the VK. Granted, pretty sure it still gets absolutely yote by the conceptual damage.
  • Round 4: Here's the trouble round again. Everything here can hit him and the Barbed Devil completely wrecks his ass. Void Knights are fairly smart, but not at detecting magic shit, so its up in the air whether or not he'd use the gem that makes the Doppelgangers not turn him into mulch. VK can theoretically beat the Barded Devil and Soth if he's lucky, aka they don't attack, but I wouldn't count that.
who?

• Round 1: He makes the Nilbogs feel inadequate as they eat eachother.
  • Round 2: MF and Chaos Beasts can't really do much, since the nature of Dementia's madness aura kinda games this due to the location it takes place in.
  • Round 3: See above.
  • Round 4: Same issues as before, although turned on its head somewhat. I don't know if the Doppelgangers can turn into the concept of madness, even with their likely insanely potent power copy and assuming they don't instantly go nuts like everyone else, and even then they'd go crazy and probably end up helping the initial Dementia in the long run. Everyone else goes nuts again.
  • Round 5: Everyone except for maybe the Elder Brain and definitely Soneillon goes nuts again. Those two are definite issues, since they can definitely hit Dementia assuming we're using the tier 6 Elder Brain. Balors are also potentially an issue, depending on whether we treat the 6-C guys as resisting divine powers even if they aren't listed on the former's page.

Actually killing the galaxy brain and thot queen might be an issue, especially if we don't allow Dementia to bring crazy peeps to the next round, due to them both being rather powerful due to the whole "can affect gods" deal. Dementia would have to take some initiative before Soneillon just casts Wish, which is unlikely considering what he is.

Floor 1: Off the bat, it's important to note that Ren is very used to fighting multiple hordes of enemies, hence being a JRPG character, so sheer numbers will not intimidate him in the slightest here. Especially with Scramble, Ren's basic attacks have AOE now. The only things that serve a threat here are the Attack Redirection, but that's assuming that it can redirect 7-C strikes. Along with the Causality Manipulation, but in the case that does happens, Ren can simply inflict Forget on them. Forget pretty much... well, makes them forget how to use their abilities. So even if they are healed by the initial attack, the status will hit them, then he can follow up and kill them. Ogre Mage falls to this too, AP advantage+AOE attack get him. The Imps would be a severe problem due to hax, but once more AOE+Advantage come in clutch. Even in the case they couldn't, Ren could use spells and simply one-shot with any one of his magic affinities. Carrion Crawlers suffer the same, being essentially haxless.

Floor 2: Ghasts fall to the same combo earlier, AP+AOE. The immortality is a problem, but Ren can hit the mind and soul, so I'd assume that's all good. Alluip's mindhax, immortality, and non-corporeality would be a problem, if not for Ren's resistance, and basic attacks hitting the mind and soul. So, once more, AOE+AP. Chuul suffers the same. Aboleth suffers the same, but cannot die due to Type 9 Immortality. While the Chaos Beast are easily dispatched, the Mind Flayer is actually interesting. However, due to not the AP advantage+AOE, but Ren's Third Eye, he can see Mind Flayer's weakness, and hit him with Hama (Light/Holy Spells).

I'll come back for the remaining floors later.

Mr. Bambu said:
Imaginym said:
Feel free to add it to a "party" with the other two monsters I mentioned, if you're already thinking about something like that.
The list of stuff is incomplete, if you have a question about somethign specific I can answer it. Also, if you want to add a party, I'll say that's fine and add a rule regarding it real quick.
Given the rule says 4 characters from the same 'verse, let's update Machoke's party.

Machoke + Kadabra (If Kadabra is already taken by Psychomaster's request, then Kirlia instead.) plus Cryogonal & Haunter.

Mr. Bambu said:
@Wok No to the van, get better skrub.

@00potato No Tier 1 haxes, yeah. This is for normal characters to take some shots at D&D.

@Tony Thanks, was fond of the idea too.
The hax can be restricted even in matches added to the profiles. It technically doesn't work in 3-D areas from what I remember.

Age manip is resisted and Imps are unlikely to care much about Space/Heat/Ice given the environment they come from. 100% accurate for most of the others. Other than that, no complaint, Baroque survives until Floor 4 where it gets instantly pasted. Works for me.

VK, again, Imps should be capable of surviving conceptual damage. He should be able to boot them from the round though, they just aren't really dead. Most of the other guys on Floor 2 are magical in nature through some sort or another, not sure if that changes your answer. Like not magical attacks, they just are magical. Round 3 seems to be 50/50, and Round 4 is just no-go for VK.

Dementia is invalid for the same reason Siberian is, 9-B to 7-B br0ther

@00potato then yeah, I guess that's fine?

aight

The VK is technically above baseline type 2 NEP, but idk if Shar's is considered better due to working on a large scale rather than a higher level of existence, so i'm not sure if that changes anything

d e r p

Wait, for my character would the clones carry over for each floor? If they cloned themselves in the first floor would they follow him up?

@Imaginym Added them as a party

@Milky While I think Ren would, thanks to the insane verse equalization I'm allowing for an F&G thread, be able to deal with things like Imps pretty easily, I think some context would help you here:

1. Ren has limited usage of his spells, at most 4/day for each spell as per the rules of the thread.

2. Aboleth's Type 9 isn't incredibly relevant here as he can still be ousted via killing him, it's more that the same Aboleth is still alive on another Plane of Existence.

3. Undead don't have souls and at least a few of them don't have minds, it varies depending on the undead. Ghouls do, Allips don't.

I do agree Ren clears the first couple floors with relative ease, assuming he is as happy go lucky with his magic as you seem to imply, yeah. AP advantage and magic alone are probably enough.

00potato said:
Wait, for my character would the clones carry over for each floor? If they cloned themselves in the first floor would they follow him up?
I'll say yes, if they last long enough in-verse.

Ok so unless chip damage like in an actual tabletop RPG is allowed then once a tier past 9-B is reached Tsumemon can't hurt them and the enemies can't get through the sheer amount of clones summoned most likely. If chip damage is allowed then Tsumemon will eventually get to Soth and that is a big debate in itself. If he wins then he probably wishes to warp digivolve or something like that and stomps.

1. That's fine, even if Ren's magical skills are limited;

• A majority are AOE, and can inflict status.
  • He has AOE Physical-based Persona Attacks.
2. I see.

3. So AP+AOE, alrighty.

Ren is a JRPG protagonist, so whatever he does is little unknowable. Regardless, yeah, I think he has the first floors down pat. Getting though the next few may be trouble, but I believe Ren does have a secret weapon in the making.

00potato said:
Ok so unless chip damage like in an actual tabletop RPG is allowed then once a tier past 9-B is reached Tsumemon can't hurt them and the enemies can't get through the sheer amount of clones summoned most likely. If chip damage is allowed then Tsumemon will eventually get to Soth and that is a big debate in itself. If he wins then he probably wishes to warp digivolve or something like that and stomps.
I'd say yes but that's more a tweak on VSBW fundamental ideas sorry

Ok, took a while to read through the profiles.

Orikan the Diviner

• Floor 1: Should be pretty simple, he resists almost all of the things they can dish out, and either AP stomps or dura negs them via his staff.
  • Floor 2: Shouldn't give him too much trouble. He resists most things via being a robot and being without a soul/mind in the first place. His precog and time travel should take care of anyone giving him trouble.
  • Floor 3: Them being 18 and attacking simultaneously could pose a problem, but given the guy's regen and the fact that he can CC by time snaring them, or something, he should pass. The big bad would pose a threat if Orikan wasn't a robot, since it looks like most of his stuff get negged by that alone, and the more abstract powers like chaos manip and space manip are nothing new to Orikan, via either doing stuff like that himself or by fighting other daemons.
  • Floor 4: Again, thankfully he doesn't have a soul/mind to be affect by most of the abilities of the devils together with his precog and time CC, and dura negg/bfr. His enhanced senses/precog and insane intelligence he should either deduce on his own, or use the eye to see through the Dopplegagers. He should be able to dura negg the big bad here.
  • Floor 5: Vargo Kent, Aerisi Kalinoth and Vladmir Horngaard shouldn't give him too much of a problem. The hard one would be Elder Brain here. Since he seems to have very similar abilities and he either resists Orikans stuff or would give him a very hard time, so if he could use the wish he got from the previous floor to make him unable to come back from the BFR/remove his precog or the legendary resistances to dura neg or something it would be make this fight very easy for him. And for the epic big bad, if he could time CC the two Balors and BFR/seal her, he should have this in the bag. Him having no magic and his fate manip/precog would provide extremely useful here.
Either way the 5th floor would be pretty hard and could go either way, but he should be able to clear the first 4 floor without too much trouble.

@Ogbun Good character for this, matches perfectly. That said, a few points/questions.

• What scale are his abilities? He gets default resistances and such of the D&D characters up to his 8-C AP, but if he has higher ones I'd allow that. But are his abilities super high tier? If not then I doubt he'd be able to do things like BFR the Elder Brain.
  • Floor 4 dura negging the boss doesn't work due to Type 8. Soth just comes back.
  • For the wish... I think one of those is fine, not all three.
The scale of resistances is important here since most creatures resist the abilities you describe, I just need to know how good Orikan's are in particular.

Ill start with Announcer. Other floors coming soon.

Floor 1: Due to being a speaker box, he would not be affected by any Madness Manipulation, and with raw speed and AP, blitzes everything and sells them out of here due to Budget Cuts with a thought-based Plot Manipulation.

Let make a case for at least floors 2-3 again I am unsure about soth so I will discuss that later.

Tsumemon might be able to just outlast those due to sheer numbers even with the AP difference. Even though he can't hurt them, he should be able to pile enough clones to restrain the fodders and suffocate the main bosses. If the weapon from floor one could kill the bosses then it would handle them easily if he plays his cards right.

@Bambu

Which resistances specifically? Because most of those are just his lack of a soul/mind or a body to be affected.

As for his own abilities, most of them should be described on his profile, they're all time hax related, not sure how I would assign a tier to that to be honest. And yeah, I know his BFR wouldn't work, that's why I mentioned him nulling that as one of his potential wishes.

Oof, missed that type 8, too long profiles my head started to hurt. Can he, you know, wait for them to die? Cause that's not out of character for him. Or maybe he could use fate manip to do something? And if not, is there a way to bypass that?

Yeah, I meant one of them, not all of them at the same time.

@Soupy There's too many to count, ask about a specific ability if you like.

@Ogbun Lord Soth is already dead, so no. Soth also resists Fate, standard stuff. Time stuff is also resisted as standard stuff but for the sake of argument I'll say he outclasses everyone up to High 8-C in terms of resistance-vs-resistance-negation, meaning his time abilities don't work on Low 7-Bs and up.

I meant to outlive the type 8, since it says "cursed to live for as long as the lives of each of the millions that died due to his actions"', while long, it's not a problem for Orikan to wait this out. Last time he waited it was 60+ million years.

And he won't really need the time stuff for the first three in the final floor, as his dura negging with precog should be able to kill them. As for the Elder Brain, it's mostly relying on his wish, and the epic final boss on his BFR.

Alright, time for March

March also is a user of Physics Manipulation. She also has some broken as hell "enhanced sense of timing". So:

Floor 1 goes the same as Siberian, except March is an evasion tank as opposed to an invulnerable one. Once she gets the +1 weapon she can Sting it.

Floor 2 shouldn't be an issue. March has resistance to a slew of mental effects and ***** with Thinker powers herself, and since the Mind Flayer isn't abstract she can just shoot it with a Stung bullet. Nothing else is really gonna touch her due to her Timing and explodey Sting.

Floor 3 seems to be similar. Sting is just a ridiculous power. Bouncy balls, bullets, melee weapons, or even just random thrown objects are incredibly lethal with this power combined with her timing and aim. She should be able to kill the summon by timing a killing blow with a Stung +1 sword just as it spawns in at just the right spot.

Floor 4: It seems again that March being super hard to hit, having mental resistances, and being able to instagib anything because physics continues to do work, and you'd be hard pressed to call someone with a quote like her page has a "good" character so no to passives. Not only does march resist madness and not only is she already very insane from seeing Shardspace, but she won't be seeing the regen anyways because Sting. Timing and the gem she got earlier protect from dopplegangers well, and they can't info analyze her. March killing Soth means he stays dead, and she has resistances to the sensory stuff. I'd imagine she would Wish to spawn in Foil so she can do awful things to her and ultimately supercharge all of her powers, getting even stronger for floor 5. If some of the undodgable stuff starts weighing on her, she'd find some way to get those kinds of resists too.

At floor 5, everything's moving in relative slow mo due to her Wish. Her intuition of powers comes in really handy here. As I see it, if she can dodge things and Sting she can kill the foe. If she can't dodge for whatever reason, that enemy gets worked into her rhythm in a way that has her killing it from a distance or otherwise not fought in a fair fight. She very much can't take a hit, but it's been a long time since she wouldn't be instantly ****** from any damage whatsoever and she's used to those sorts of engagements given the nature of her powers anyways. Super Sting is really good to have here, as is aim good enough that she could fire or throw in the opposite direction of her target and still kill it. Honestly, I think March has a very real chance of going all the way here. Thanks D&D for not having Physics Manipulation

First Key - Zhong Yue. Hope this works. He doesn't have any hax beyond his tier, the most intersting thing about him is his mind.

@Wok Why does killing Soth mean he stays dead when he's sorta cursed by a god to not do that without his throne, plus insta-death. I don't think March makes it as far as you think smh.

@Zarat What's his mind doing that's special?

Ogbunabali said:
I meant to outlive the type 8, since it says "cursed to live for as long as the lives of each of the millions that died due to his actions"', while long, it's not a problem for Orikan to wait this out. Last time he waited it was 60+ million years.
And he won't really need the time stuff for the first three in the final floor, as his dura negging with precog should be able to kill them. As for the Elder Brain, it's mostly relying on his wish, and the epic final boss on his BFR.
My b. Undead don't really care about age, some things n D&D have been alive for billions of years (Chuuls).

Because Sting makes rez stuff not happen and he doesn't resist rez neg

Wokistan said:
Because Sting makes rez stuff not happen and he doesn't resist rez neg
He's still reliant on a curse from Shar though

plus death manip and others

terrible shame, that

He's very intelligent in a way that he can predict what an opponent will do next by calculating the flow of their blood essences, the shortcomings of their skills, the positions of their Yuan Shen, the weaknesses of their mortal body, their movements, habits and their next points of attack. As if he had gone through the same predicament thousands of times that he knew exactly what to do and where to move in order to evade the skills. Furthermore, he can predict through their personalities, thoughts, and even their instincts from dozens of foes at the same time and calculate the changes and results of hundreds of millions of skills at once. - Basically a very very powerful analytical prediction through calculations.

Okay so he's a few tiers up from Beholder, probably equal to the Elder Brain.

How far does he make it keeping in mind that nobody save Vargo, Elder Brain, and Soneillon are comparable in terms of intelligence? In your opinion.

Not sure, right now I'm reading through the profiles for the floors and then I will give my essay.

Psychomaster35 said:
Are there any characters with any passive haxes here?
Allip has it in the form of madness, but given the rules of the gauntlet you can bypass it via being higher than 9-A.

Well, in fact, Announcer actually makes it! Through sheer speed, AP, and a nifty thought-based Plot Hax via selling them out of the video due to budget cuts.

Soupywolf5 said:
So can I use Four?
Four characters? As long as they're from the same verse, ye.

Back