• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the Gunvolt wikia, Septima is just a "kind of ESP". There exists 0 reference of it being spiritual or at least similar to Stands in nature.

I need a source if it really is spiritual in any regard.

Yeah, Septima is psychic. While some Septimas (Like Joule's) are spiritual, most are not.

My vote still goes to Elise via Jotaro probably ORAing them during stopped time, instead of crushing their skulls, so they can ressurect Insane who stays out of close range in character. Then the three throw knifes from three different sides. Justice dosn't amplify speed (As our own page says) so SP being in 3 places at once was just speedblitzing.

Okey,I think Jotaro could kill/beat one of her personalities and then realize that they can resurrect each other

He can try to kill both of them while time is stopped and being unable to do so

But then,he can at least try to kill one,then stop time and try to kill the other

PROBLEM? His third personality,which is intangible (Maybe the stand can null this)and is very far from the other two,so is literally impossible to Jotaro to defeat all the personalities at the same time

Two problems I have with that @TheSmashor

1. Elise doesn't knife spam in-character like DIO does, assuming so is kind of a stretch.

2. Even if she did, Star Platinum could easily deflect the amount of them. This is basically three people throwing knives in real time... Star Platinum deflected dozens and dozens of knives whilst they were pre-emptively thrown in stopped time only to stop inches away from him. In real time, this would be Star Platinum blocking dozens and dozens of knives as they literally surround him in a bubble shape (sure he missed like 3-4... still more impressive)

@Kazuma

Jotaro defeats one personality, sees that it ressurects, stops time and defeats it again this time having Star Platinum hold onto it's ankle. If they start ressurecting her again he has Star Platinum pre-emptively/immediately do this to her.

The he moves onto the next personality and does the same. Star Platinum should be able to interact with the third one - Stands can interact with intangibles like ghosts.

TL;DR - Grab onto each one he KO's and problem solved... not that hard of a solution.

@Kazuma

Jotaro defeats one personality, sees that it ressurects, stops time and defeats it again this time having Star Platinum hold onto it's ankle. If they start ressurecting her again he has Star Platinum pre-emptively/immediately do this to her.

The he moves onto the next personality and does the same. Star Platinum should be able to interact with the third one - Stands can interact with intangibles like ghosts.

TL;DR - Grab onto each one he KO's and problem solved... not that hard of a solution.

And the third one is afk and not attacking,cool

Btw I am not voting for Elise,this is so close because for example you gave reasons,but that is if Jotaro manages to think a way to beat her and Elise can´t counter his tactic

Voting inconclusive

@Kazuma even if the third one is attacking, three people throwing knives and doing their weak bullshit isn't enough to catch Star Platinum off-guard. Even opponents of equal speed and punch capacity like The World have a hard time getting any sort of meaningful damage off on him, DIO needed to cheat and stop time.

People think "speed equal hurr durr" but they forget to realize how many attacks a character can throw in a moment, regardless if speed is now equal. Elise probably caps out at 3 knives per attack, Star Platinum is often depictedas throwing 10+ punches at once. Sure, now speed is now equal so she can react and not get blitzed instantly... doesn't mean she can now throw that many attacks.

And that tactic I provided is hardly groundbreaking, it was literally my second or third thought on how I would beat this opponent.

TL;DR - Elise can't do as many actions as Star Platinum can EVEN if speed is equal.

Elise can throw at maximum 6 knives,knives that transform into snakes,if she want,resurrect zombies which some can do this:

Zombie Spewer: These variations of the Leapers bungee from the ceiling, spewing globules of acidic materials as they bounce. The globules can be blocked with Flashfield. You can sever the bungees by shooting them, but the messy impact will cause the screen to be obscured by blood splatters for a few seconds.

So zombies with acid+ petrification+ 6 knifes which are snakes corpses that she resurrect when the knife fail to hit the target+ resurrection+ range advantage

And Star Platinum is going to stop everything from the beginning

But Elise has a flaw in his powers,I don´t know if this is game mechanics or not,but she can´t use resurrection all the time,in her first battle againts Gunvolt,she can only use her resurrection 5 times

I don´t remember if this still happens in the second battle with her third personality

HierophantDeluxe said:
@Kazuma even if the third one is attacking, three people throwing knives and doing their weak bullshit isn't enough to catch Star Platinum off-guard.
Both are building level +

Tell me how her attacks are "weak bullshit",he is not overpowering

Jotaro has to run and hit each one in time stop. SP's range is 2 meters and i find it super unlikely he will be able to hit all three of them in 5 seconds.

Also, Elise DOES Knife Spam when the opponent is petrified snd unable to move. She also does throw knifes from the top of the room constantly.

Saying she does not is flat out incorrect.

He's still slower than someone touching their fingers together, especially when that person is a MFTL reaction time stand user like he is.

Just a note folks, there exists no clip of Elise throwing 6 knives at once. 3 is the max and i've only seen it used by the phantom personality. I'd link it here but you can easily search it up and my laptop isn't the best right now.

Knives can't turn into snakes when damaged by Gunvolt, same goes with Star Platinum here. He shatters it as he punches it away, no zombies/snakes.

https://youtu.be/Bv0Rk8raeBA Each normal personality throws 3 knives, and the crazy one throws one massive one. That is 7 in total. And they throw 6 when GV is petrified. (Which again, Jojo has no defense against, and disables septima, which is spiritual.)

Also, what do you mean no zlmbies/snakes? They could still roam around and slow Jojo down.

No, septima is not spiritual and has no description suggesting anything of the sort, the word they use is ESP... which is a term related to psychic powers, not spiritual ones.

7 knives as a total attack volley is not enough to make Star Platinum flinch. Keep in mind Elise takes a pause between these volleys, its not 7 and then another 7 and then another 7... etc.

There would be no zombies/snakes because Star Platinum would destroy the knife with his punch, just like Gunvolt and his electric aura thingy.

Unlike Dio's timestop, SP wont activate during the two seconds Jotaro is petrified and thus, will be struck by the knives no matter what.

Gunvolt is around 1.50m tall, he is a teenager, after all. And the knives are around 1/4 of his sprite, so they should be around 30 cm wide, at least. So unlike piercing Jotaro's hat and jacket a bit, they might flat out cut a limb or even reach important organs no matter how much Shonen Jump he has.

I might add that while Origional and Dominant's knives are blocked by GV's flashfield, Insane's has some sort of aura around them and can't be blocked like this.

That is part of his septima, tho. Insane is intangible and i have no idea how Jotaro is going thru that, SP flat out only deals physical damage.

Yeah, I don't think NPI will work here since it's spiritual based, while Elise's intangiblity, well, probably isn't. And I don't think Stands can damage ghosts that are still inside living bodies (Other stands being an obvious exeption).

Fun fact: The knifes are actually zombie snakes. If attacked and not instantly destroyed, Jotaro will have to deal with zombie snakes.

Isn't the argument that petrification will work on Jotaro because stands are spiritual for you and Hans? You can't have it be both spiritual and not spiritual.

Well yeah, Jotaro's getting rid of the knives by punching them, he's not catching and putting them down.

Honestly I could see SP activating, but it won't be able to bat away knives from three places at once.

I mean he launches the snake corpse away by punching it and then, a few seconds later, Zombie snake biting his heel. I don't think Elise's zombies are actually infective, but it's still definately a distraction for Jotaro.

Basically it's from using natural lightning, 5 billion joules when averaged. That's 1.195028680688 tons of TNT, giving Elise the slightest of AP edges against Jotaro's 1.01

Actually, the scaling chain is

Jotaro > High DIO > Dio > Tarkus = 1.01 tons.

And Jotaro oneshotted High Dio.

Jotaro's the one with the AP advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back