• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, it is super out of character for Jojo to just bash everyone's heads like he did with Dio. No one's bloodlusted here

And...Yes, the third personality is not 'summoned", it hides away in the gunvolt 1 rematch and comes back once the 2 personalities are defeated.

The moment they see that Jotaro is one shotting them, Elise would go for petrification (which negates SP), and just knife jotaro

I mean, he is pretrified so he wont be able to summon SP to punch the knives away like he did with Dio.

I do wonder just how many knives he can take cuz when they petrify Gunvolt, they throw a total of 12 knives, 6 from each direction, Jotaro has no defenses on his eyes and would be most likely affected by it.

The fact that she also goes "Kyahahaha Muda muda~" makes me think this is a better matchup than expected.

Screenshot 20190214-223039 YouTube

bump.

How is the vote count?

I still think Elise would win via range and having a reliable way to nullify Star Platinum temporally.

Pretty sure Jotaro never pulls his punches. Everybody he beat down basically was splurting blood everywhere. The only difference in the DIO fight is that he was gonna punch DIO till he dies.

If Jotaro dosn't kill both Elises instatnly with time stop (And I mean instantly. Dominant will ressurect Insane if she's given any time to think after time resumes). Jotaro can win, but Elise just wins more often with Petrifying and Snake Knives as well as spamming ressuraction. Also zombies.

I think everyone is treating Jotaro like some kind of dumb brute here?

It seems like everyone agrees that Star Platinum is the strongest in this matchup, right? Not even just in outright strength but general attack quantity, against opponents with equal speed like The World he's still able to catch them off-guard with the sheer amount of punches thrown. But can someone show us Elise's strength feats just for the record?

Anyway, Elise carries the upper-hand initially due to her advantage of having 3 of her whilst also being able to ressurect her duplicates. Jotaro playing into her game initially isn't going to work, he's going to manage to defeat one only to realize that the others can immediately bring the personality back. Then they'll probably taunt him like he's some sort of idiot.

But here's where I think his common sense comes in: Jotaro is going to quickly realize that he doesn't need to kill them, he just needs to knock them out. Even if they can recover each other from an unconcious state, if Star Platinum holds onto their ankle he has easy leverage and ability to just flail their body back and forth on the ground Hulk-style until they're done in again. He can even use the body as a weapon against the other ones in order to block or deflect attacks. From here it becomes increasingly easy to survive onslaught, as there is less of them and now he has a shield.

NOTE: Whilst petrifying gaze will work on Jotaro, I do not believe it will work on an immaterial object such as Star Platinum unless there is good reason for it to. So even if he's stunned temporarily, he can use his Stand to deflect the viper knives or whatever pretty easily, like he did against The World.

I vote JOJO

Petrifying Jotaro temporally means he cannot see or maybe even think, nullifying SP long enough to throw knives.

And again, Jotaro has no method of running to each copy (not to mention the one in the background) before they petrify and kill him. Not even in time stop. This is even more unlikely with the snakes and zombies running around. He could be able to beat one of them in those 5 seconds he can stop time in.

Star Platinum has self-preservation beyond Jotaro's concious thought, like an automatic defense system. In the first episode we see him catching a bullet that Jotaro can't see. Later on we see him stop and restart Jotaro's heart with extreme precision whilst leaving him oxygen deprived (which makes it near impossible for proper cognitive thought). In DiU we see Star Platinum wack Angelo's stand away before he can assassinate Jotaro.

Star Platinum can lunge on Jotaro's behalf. If he can't catch up through sprinting, he just leans forward and does a super jump whilst grabbing her hair.

It depends on the petrification done, it is temporal, but Elise's made Gunvolt unable use his PSI Adept abilities while in that state, so it should be the same for Jotaro.

Before he is able to move again, couple docen knives and snakes and zombies might have already killed him.

Now, i think it has been stablished that 1.-Jotaro has no method on resisting petrification 2.-SP's range is 2 meters.

So if Jojo is petrified, he is getting knived.

And he needs to kill all 3 of them at once to win, since she is going to revive the fallen ones on their first change they have (specially the psycho one, that is in the background)

Stands are not brought on through psychic means, but rather through more spirtual and mystical ones. Comparing Star Platinum to telekinesis is factually dishonest.

I doubt it, Star Platinum could stop a large majority of knives thrown at him whilst in stopped time where even he can't move. He can move here whilst Jotaro is stunned. He's definitely not getting hit and he's definitely throwing some knives back whilst he's blocking.

No, it turns the opponent to stone temporally, which nullifies PSI abilities and Adept abilities. Implying that, when they are turned to stone, they cannot act back.

Also, no. Stands are un corporeal, but not mystical in any means, as they are in fact, alien viruses. Avdol also claims they are controlled by PSI. So most likely than not, Jotaro will nkt be able to summon SP in those 2 seconds he is pretrified and will get knived.

While being petrified, it is implied that at least your senses are unable to function since they are literslly, stone. Which would indeed make SP unable to manifest itself, because even when fighting Dio, he could only block so many knives.

They activate their abilities by thinking, and Elise stops Gunvolt from being able to summon his adept abilities (electricity) while stoned, so...Jotaro will die if his 5 second time stop is not executed well or the girls get super careless (which is out of character, specially when they realize one of them was beaten to an inch of their lives)

https://azurestrikergunvolt.fandom.com/wiki/Adepts

Gunvolt is clearly able to move while petrifiyed so clearly it tells me that it doesn't stop their thinking but rather has some vague power null when it comes to psychic and ESP abilities.

Unfortunately Stands, whilst similar to Adepts, are not the same. They are compromised and largely based off spiritual energies, not psychic ones, and I'm having a hard time buying that the two could even be comparable.

The Petrification is temporal, and it breaks off even if Gunvolt doesn't move.

And again, Gunvolt CANNOT use his electric powers to destroy or block the knives, so the PSI does block PSI abilities to some regard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Em_K3p4eE2M

Not to mentinon that star platinum didnt defend Jotaro on his own while fighting avdol. (2:25)

Adepts are on the 7th level of Lifewave (Basically The Force). Those on the 4th, 5th and 6th levels are people like mystics and psychics. At the very least Adepts can hear spirits (Like Carrera did). Due to the nature of her power (Ressurection) and the fact that stronger Adepts (Like GV and Zonda) are consistantly able to see spirits, I feel like Elise seeing SP isn't too far of a strech and her hearing it is a garentee.

What does it being temporal even mean and is there a source for it?

Gunvolt CAN still phsyically shake and attempt to break out of it, so clearly he's capable of thought, even if it vaguely nulls PSI and psychic abilities.

This means it is also true for Jotaro, he's capable of thought and therefore he's capable of using Star Platinum to defend himself. There's no proof it can null the spiritual, =/= PSI.

And that clip you link clearly shows Star Platinum defending Jotaro from MR.

@The Smashor unsourced and if true, I agree, hearing SP is fair game but interacting is different.

I did some research and I see nothing confirming it is canon leaving it questionable at best, considering it is simply labeled as a "side story".

Furthermore it doesn't detail anything about the spiritual really, like where do ghosts fall on this numberline? Jotaro was born normal too, he gained a Stand. Does he qualify for a different number despite being born ordinary?

@Hierophant

There's nothing that directly clashes with the games. A Side Story is just a story that isn't the story of the main character.

Star Platinum isn't very intelligent, granted, but he does protect Jotaro whenever possible. In that example he helped Jotaro kick the toilet to put out the flames.

This is Star Platinum defending him from Angelo's stand, which he cannot see.

This is Star Platinum defending him from a bullet which he cannot see.

This is Star Platinum stopping his heart (which causes cognitive thought to severely suffer) and re-starting his heart with perfect timing and accuracy.

I'm pretty sure there were more shenigans with Pucci removing his memory and Star Platinum still protecting Jotaro too, just too lazy to find them.

TL;DR - Star Platinum has self-preservation beyond Jotaro actively commanding him.

Not while being choked, and it is unknown how he would even react to Jotaro being petrified AND getting thrrown tons of knives, not to mention the snakes and zombies that could attack while he is unable to move or see.

When he tried deflecting Dio's knives, he still missed a few, now, in this scenario, two of them would be throwing knives at Jotaro from both dirrections.

Hell, can he even breathe while petrified? While not being able to breathe for 2 or 3 seconds is not going to kill you, it was stated that stands get weaker while Jotaro is not breathing in the avdol fight.

It is not unknown, Star Platinum would be unaffected since the petrification has not been shown to stop spiritual entities.

Star Platinum casually slaps the knives away. The only reason he got overwhelmed by DIO is because he couldn't move in stopped time as long as he could, so when time resumed he had dozens just an inch or so away from him. Not comparable here where he can move as he pleases and they aren't starting an inch or to away.

Star Platinum has casually occupied more than one space at once, look at his fight vs Justice for an example.

Jotaro can definitely hold is breathe for more than two seconds, he held it for two minutes while being dragged into a vortex by that Deep Sea stand user guy. Star Platinum still delivered a lethal blow with his fingers despite being that deprived.

But yeah, petrification based on the rest of the gunvolt lore does imply it nullifies SP for the time Jotaro is trapped in.

No it doesn't. Stands are spiritual in nature, like ghosts. Nulling psychic abilities should not mean being able to null spiritual abilities.

@Smashtwig false equivalency.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back