• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

We need votes here please
Agree with the thread. Honestly I've always found 7A to be a bit goofy because of the frenzied flame ending where the stated goal is to turn everything back into the one great.

If a character is 4A I could see that being done in a somewhat reasonable time but a 7A? Man at that tier the frenzied ending would unironically take decilions of years lol.

Then again that argument isn't so much a power scaling argument as it is an appeal to absurdity I guess 🤷. I'm not sure that's the correct term but the universe dying of heat death before the LFF can even destroy a solar system is mad funny no matter how you slice it.

We need votes here please

It seems to be coming down to "The stars are legit or just meteors/eldritch creatures like Astel"

Agree with the thread. Honestly I've always found 7A to be a bit goofy because of the frenzied flame ending where the stated goal is to turn everything back into the one great.

If a character is 4A I could see that being done in a somewhat reasonable time but a 7A? Man at that tier the frenzied ending would unironically take decilions of years lol.

Then again that argument isn't so much a power scaling argument as it is an appeal to absurdity I guess 🤷. I'm not sure that's the correct term but the universe dying of heat death before the LFF can even destroy a solar system is mad funny no matter how you slice it.
The thread seems to be ending with "At least 7-A, likely High 4-C".

And while I do think 7-A can go personally, the Frenzied Flame wouldn't really scale to anyone so it's more of an issue for that specific key when it's made.

There absolutely is now with Ymir's dialogue
Uh what I don't see anything in Ymir's dialogue that suggests it.
It kinda does have to. If you take the One Great as being an indistinct oneness then there would HAVE to be no distinction between space and time prior to the Elden Ring which created distinction or the concepts of the world.
Space and time still exists if there's nothing in them though, they just have no meaning essentially. Even after everything in the universe dies, space and time still exist, they just don't matter anymore. And I don't quite get the Elden Ring thing. Are you implying the Elden Ring created space-time? Cause that's a big stretch.

I'm down for Low 2-C Elden Ring but I just don't see how the Tarnished is destroying space-time in the FF ending. It's not trying to end reality itself, the Frenzied Flame wants to burn everything away and return existence to the One Great of which all things were born from, but whether or not the One Great existed before space-time is uncertain.

Ymirs dialogue in combination with Hyettas suggests heavily that the universe was born with a big bang which was also the splitting of the one great

Ymirs dialogue in combination with Hyettas suggests heavily that the universe was born with a big bang which was also the splitting of the one great
Oh yeah I can agree with that. But there's still no reason to think this means space-time included so much as that the Greater Will made things from the One Great within the cosmos, likely from outside of it.

Oh yeah I can agree with that. But there's still no reason to think this means space-time included so much as that the Greater Will made things from the One Great within the cosmos, likely from outside of it.
No I think it very much suggests that space time is included. I think it suggests the universe itself is the Greater Will. Hence us all being 'children of the divine' due to being formed out of Stardust.

No I think it very much suggests that space time is included. I think it suggests the universe itself is the Greater Will. Hence us all being 'children of the divine' due to being formed out of Stardust.
And this all basically goes to show why this stuff is too vague to be interpreted concretely. That's a whole other interpretation from what I and many others got out of it but either is perfectly reasonable because they are super in-direct about it.

Tbh I don't even think Greater Will should have a profile on second thought. As hype as some of the new lore is we still know almost literally nothing about the Greater Will. Just that it seems to have created everything and eventually came to the Lands Between to essentially shape it in the GW's image, by making the Erdtree, Elden Ring, and Metyr. Then someday out of nowhere the Greater Will just said "Aight peace." And that's it. That's literally the Greater Will summarized.

Frenzied Flame could deserve a profile but not the Greater Will in my eyes.

I mean, personally I dont think you can interpret the cosmology specifically in many other ways.

One Great

Big Bang

One Great Splits into GW and FF

This literally created spacetime, like I dont see how you can say 'why would it include spacetime', it's literally a big bang? thats what it does?

As to if GW/FF should have a profile, probably not but there is evidence of the GW being a personal God instead of simply just an abstract force.

I mean, personally I dont think you can interpret the cosmology specifically in many other ways.

One Great

Big Bang

One Great Splits into GW and FF

This literally created spacetime, like I dont see how you can say 'why would it include spacetime', it's literally a big bang? thats what it does?
So you think the One Great includes the GW and Frenzied Flame? Hyetta's dialogue implies that the Greater Will used the One Great to make everything. Unless you think that Hyetta saying that fractures, souls, and births coming after was because the GW was born.

A big bang does not create space-time inherently unless suggested. A big bang creates matter and all that other good stuff, the things that give space and time meaning, but the concepts themselves aren't made, they just are.

So you think the One Great includes the GW and Frenzied Flame? Hyetta's dialogue implies that the Greater Will used the One Great to make everything.
I dont think Hyettas dialogue implies he 'used the one great' to make everything. This is clearly meant to be the creation of duality itself like births/deaths, curses etc etc etc. The GW's 'mistake' was simply it just existing

I dont think Hyettas dialogue implies he 'used the one great' to make everything. This is clearly meant to be the creation of duality itself like births/deaths, curses etc etc etc. The GW's 'mistake' was simply it just existing
Well that's one interpretation of several.

We just can't know for sure with what we've been given. The grand scheme of Elden Ring's lore is so confusing and convoluted when you try to look at it as a big-picture sort of thing that it becomes obvious is probably wasn't meant to be seen that way. Almost like they just had a foundation from the incest writer and made things up from there. Ya'll do you but imo the way I'd treat Elden Ring scaling is by not using anything that isn't very directly stated or shown. The game is filled with this stuff and all sorts of flowery wording in every corner. Literally over half of the game's deeper lore (as-in beyond the surface level) is derived from theories.

Well that's one interpretation of several.

We just can't know for sure with what we've been given. The grand scheme of Elden Ring's lore is so confusing and convoluted when you try to look at it as a big-picture sort of thing that it becomes obvious is probably wasn't meant to be seen that way. Almost like they just had a foundation from the incest writer and made things up from there. Ya'll do you but imo the way I'd treat Elden Ring scaling is by not using anything that isn't very directly stated or shown. The game is filled with this stuff and all sorts of flowery wording in every corner.
Agree to disagree. Most people are in agreement about the cosmology. The DLC makes it fairly blatant. It's one of the only things in the game that is really. It's more as to weather Ymir and Hyetta are reliable narrators not as to if you can interpret it in another way.

Agree to disagree. Most people are in agreement about the cosmology. The DLC makes it fairly blatant. It's one of the only things in the game that is really. It's more as to weather Ymir and Hyetta are reliable narrators not as to if you can interpret it in another way.
I'm not just talking about the One Great and allat stuff or the cosmology.

The GW might be Low 2-C, but everything returning to one is just a 3-A feat since it wouldn't collapse all of space-time to perform it.

Yeah. It's definitely higher than Tier 6 to me but it isn't really Low 2-C. It's doesn't necessarily even have to be 3-A, given its overtime.

Don't know about Ymir being a reliable narrorator but Hyetta in that moment should be because she received a message from the outer god of frenzy itself.

Don't know about Ymir being a reliable narrorator but Hyetta in that moment should be because she received a message from the outer god of frenzy itself.
You don't even need that when you think about it. Hyetta follows the antithesis of the GW yet openly says it created existence. She's basically crediting her god's enemy for existence itself, she has no reason to do that unless it's the truth.

1 is a definite no for me. Leda will try to kill me and Miquella will try gaslighting me.

2 is meh. They kinda weird so I'll pass. Same goes for 3 and 5.

4 is an alright option? Regular Shabiri and Igon sound like decent enough seatmates.

6 is odd. Roderika is fine. But Patches is iffy. I could maybe outwit his shenanigans but more likely than not, he'll be annoying to sit besides.

7 is the best option because Malenia and Melina will most likely just mind their own business. So that way I can have my own peace and quiet.

8 is a pass. Gideon will either ignore me or start prattling about some lore to me so he's kinda eh? It's Sellen though that I do not trust sitting near besides.

1 is a definite no for me. Leda will try to kill me and Miquella will try gaslighting me.

2 is meh. They kinda weird so I'll pass. Same goes for 3 and 5.

4 is an alright option? Regular Shabiri and Igon sound like decent enough seatmates.

6 is odd. Roderika is fine. But Patches is iffy. I could maybe outwit his shenanigans but more likely than not, he'll be annoying to sit besides.

7 is the best option because Malenia and Melina will most likely just mind their own business. So that way I can have my own peace and quiet.

8 is a pass. Gideon will either ignore me or start prattling about some lore to me so he's kinda eh? It's Sellen though that I do not trust sitting near besides.

1. Depends. Do I have the youngling slayer 9000? If no, then no ******* way I'm sitting next to a gaslighter and his most extreme cultist.

2. Both Trina and Thiollier would just keep it quite or sleep so it's perfect to rest.

3. Split on this one. Ansbach is a genuine good fellow and excellent seatmate but Horsent would at best ignore me and at worst would just insult me for being there.

4. Igon would try to hijack the plane and go straight to murder Bayle. Shabriri would gaslight me and try to make me go insane and commit universal genocide. And if he can't, he would go for others. And as soon as someone kills him, he would jump into someone else and do it again. So no.

5. Meh. Moore is rather shy and Florissax is relatively chill, if a bit too passionate. Probably would try to make me go fight Bayle at worst but that's it.

6. Roderika would be a nice seatmate but Patches is shady af and I couldn't stay there without being suspicious so it's a no.

7. Honestly, yes. They're both chill, even Malenia in normal circumstances.

8. I would honestly. Gideon might be a bit annoying but both and Sellen are wells of knowledge about the LB and Sellen is a master teacher in Magic.

Back