• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

For example at 1:42 in the video where the character does block Radahn's swings, they're moving a sword like 30~ cm while Radahn is covering 3x his total body length.

Like Dale said you'll get a bunch of Sub-Rel to Rel calcs, but none of them can (or should) be FTL or SoL.
what about the actual light beams themselves since we can parry deflect those as well.

2024-07-02_235405.png
He beat the allegations, we need memes to support this

Yeah unless you wanna get funky with some of the "light" based spells in Dark Souls none of the other Soulsborne protags are even touching the tarnished in speed
I mean neither are they touching him in general the guy is 4-A at his peak which means she is literally trillions of times stronger than the strongest souls protag.

what about the actual light beams themselves since we can parry deflect those as well.
Light beams (from the ground), while they are blockable still have the same issue. They move far faster than the Tarnished does even within one frame.

Light beams (from the ground), while they are blockable still have the same issue. They move far faster than the Tarnished does even within one frame.
I mean the frame stuff is more gameplay limitations but you are right, even if we do the calc on the 3 back to back after image slashes (which you can deflect all of btw I just did it in Co-op but Like the moron that I am I have yet to get a screen capturing softwear to show the clip) which have a decreased distance between them as we have radahn cover a large distance then the second after image lands a hit near instantly after the first and the third does the same after the second the distance still seems about 1 meterish while the tarnished only moves about 30-40cm at the most that would land us at rel+ at the most.

Big sad no FTL tarnished

Last edited:
hich have a decreased distance between them as we have radahn cover a large distance then the second after image lands a hit near instantly after the first and the third does the same after the second the distance still seems about 1 meterish while the tarnished only moves about 30-40cm at the most that would land us at rel+ at the most.
I did the math using that idea as a foundation and the most I got was 19.88% lightspeed.

So like I said you're not getting to SoL. Radahn is just way larger than the Tarnished, so he'll always cover to much distance to get a FTL rating in comparison to the player.

I did the math using that idea as a foundation and the most I got was 19.88% lightspeed.

So like I said you're not getting to SoL. Radahn is just way larger than the Tarnished, so he'll always cover to much distance to get a FTL rating in comparison to the player.
although I do wanna do a clip myself since I honestly got the deflects down far better then the fellow in the vid and I also use martial arts and they have a bit more movement and distance between none block stance and block stance so the results may be a tad higher with those.

Also the problem that even if it is FTL calc wise the sheer fact that in universe they have to take a luminous kinda form to reach SoL makes it kinda an explicit cap unless we're just ignoring that

Cause riding torrent would technically would be far faster than the attacks dive and ik torret isn't FTL in lore lol
It's pretty clear that Relativistic only scales to combat/reactions and not actual movement.

I feel like logically the Astel's and shit coming from deep space or whatever would probably grant them some FTL travel speed. Very unfortunate that it would scale to no one though.

We'd need explicit proof that some of these magic spells actually can cross stellar distance.

I do think Gravity magic is more consistently portrayed as an AoE or aura thing, so Radahn could maybe have that attack speed with a certain spell, but again it's questionable if it would even scale in the first place and the feat it still vague.

Such potential that just can't be realized sucks

The more I think about our old Infinite speed standards the funnier they were. If they were still around Tarnished, Placidusax and most top tiers would be Infinite speed.

Speaking of Placidusax, do you think the use of Miquella's needle implies that the Outer Gods are restricted to this timeline? Since even the Frenzy Flame can be countered outside of time.

The more I think about our old Infinite speed standards the funnier they were. If they were still around Tarnished, Placidusax and most top tiers would be Infinite speed.
😭Somehow people still argue it. Wild man.

Speaking of Placidusax, do you think the use of Miquella's needle implies that the Outer Gods are restricted to this timeline? Since even the Frenzy Flame can be countered outside of time.
Eh the whole Farum Azula think is pretty weird in general. Even kinda vague.

I think that could imply it, but it could also be that the Frenzied Flame has a continuous influence rather than being a one-and-done thing. So when you go outside of time you sort of "pause" it, which allows you to also remove it, whereas within time, it just remains constant and can't simply be removed. But I think that's a bit of a stretch so the former sounds more likely, Occam's Razor and allat.

It would imply that the Outer Gods are to some extent bound by time though so yeah they exist within the timeline more than likely. Though, imo, the Outer God's are very strongly implied to be abstract concepts, sort of like Marvel's abstracts. They exist throughout the entire universe but are still bound by time. The Frenzied Flame is generally portrayed as a conceptual entity that inhabits vessels who give in to it. The Formless Mother is an abstract entity bearing no form as the name implies, who craves wounds and is strongly associated with blood. It's been confirmed actually that the Bloodfiends in the DLC are servants of the Formless Mother/Mother of Truth. Yet despite being "formless", she has some kind of body that her empowered servants can use to access Bloodflame as a weapon. Even the Elden Beast which is inferior to Outer God's is the literal embodiment of a concept, so the idea that the Outer God's are sort of like abstract and universal concepts isn't far-fetched to me. But maybe I'm overthinking it.

But yeah I think that's likely the case. The Greater Will is the only Outer God I think might be above time.

Greater Will and Frenzy Flame have always been equal opposites in my eyes. One created all separated beings and the other can return all of them to one. So I'm not quite sure of it being above time when the other isn't.

Also, how do we treat the Land of Shadows? It seems to be a separate dimension but there's a lot of connection to the proper Lands Between and even Godwyn's Death Blight can reach it. Also, with the Divine Beasts seeming to be higher spirits that possess the dancers and sculpted lion heads and costume, and them being able to be infected by Death Blight, would that increase the latter's potency?

Just need some clarification, If I understood correctly after reading through this thread, the microcosm thing, along with the GW creating the universe based on Hyetta's statement and Ymir basically expanding on it with the big bang thing, this gets the GW to a potential 3A/low 2-C depending on the general consenus?

Last edited:
I feel like logically the Astel's and shit coming from deep space or whatever would probably grant them some FTL travel speed. Very unfortunate that it would scale to no one though.

We'd need explicit proof that some of these magic spells actually can cross stellar distance.

I do think Gravity magic is more consistently portrayed as an AoE or aura thing, so Radahn could maybe have that attack speed with a certain spell, but again it's questionable if it would even scale in the first place and the feat it still vague.

Such potential that just can't be realized sucks
if we do make radahns Aoe stuff MFTL+ that kinda would make tarnished as well since we can for a fact dodge through his gravity pulls in the fight and I mean full on resist their pull and move fast enough to flat out ignore it as a whole.

well I doubt that they are resitricted to the timline and are more so not quite as capable outside of time or that we are more capable while not limited by linear time which allows us in turn to push off their influence, but their influence follows us into the timeless zone where placi resides meaning that the outer gods definitly can do the same it just seems they have a bit of a blind spot in there which allows us to in turn push them off ourselves.

Reactions is for doing one action, combat speed is doing a series of actions. So I think it fits in with the former and not the latter per our definition

So I don't think its combat speed for just blocking. Though since you can perfect guard multiple attacks from the rush back to back I guess it would count.

The speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s the only way to get SoL reactions to that is if the Tarnished reacted to Radahn at a distance of 1 meter. In none of your clips are they that close together.

Radahn is 3.4 meters tall as an example, meaning a 90 degree sword swings covers a 3 meter arc distance making it impossible for the Tarnished to get SoL. Even the rush attack has Radahn cover dozens of times the distance the Tarnished does in the same timeframe. For example at 1:42 in the video where the character does block Radahn's swings, they're moving a sword like 30~ cm while Radahn is covering 3x his total body length.

Like Dale said you'll get a bunch of Sub-Rel to Rel calcs, but none of them can (or should) be FTL or SoL.
What about the Tarnished who can dodge this? https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Light+of+Miquella

Back