• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I swear, Igon is simply perfect. Guy barely holds himself together, is obsessed with killing the evil dragon who could damage the Dragon Lord himself, instantly delivers a paragraph wide ridiculously epic speech about how he's going to kick Bayle's ass with some help, doesn't have a health bar and does all of this while just being an archer of no particular reknown. And with a stellar voice acting.

She sealed it, but it seems like Empyreans can bypass the barrier
its not that empyreans can bypass the seal they can't, the actual thing is seemingly omen blood as ansbach confirms in his questline that miquella not only used mogh for the body but also to get into the realm of shadow in the first place and the running theory is that due to the whole hornsent (who killed and stuffed merikas people into jars which led to the sealing of the shadow realm after they got slaughtered) being tied to the omens and the primal crucible getting that omen blood/curse allowed miquella to slip into the shadow realm past death (since we can find at the large tower the fact that "all types of death wash up here" and with the omen curse that prevents people from going to the erdtree upon death likely leading to people going straight to the realm of shadow instead).

Last edited:
So far that's;
  • Soul Manipulation
  • Fire Manipulation
  • Shapeshifting
  • Weapon Creation
  • Animal Manipulation
  • Teleportation(?)

At the very least, his fire innately having that property would make him dangerous.
True, plus even fodder has NPI on the soul level since they can harm Furled Fingers and Spirit Summons. Ergo Godrick the Grafted clears a solid chunk of Lobotomy Kaisen except for Nanami and Toji cus Godrick ain't defeating their sheer dilf power

its not that empyreans can bypass the seal they can't, the actual thing is seemingly omen blood as ansbach confirms in his questline that miquella not only used mogh for the body but also to get into the realm of shadow in the first place and the running theory is that due to the whole hornsent (who killed and stuffed merikas people into jars which led to the sealing of the shadow realm after they got slaughtered) being tied to the omens and the primal crucible getting that omen blood/curse allowed miquella to slip into the shadow realm past death (since we can find at the large tower the fact that "all types of death wash up here" and with the omen curse that prevents people from going to the erdtree upon death likely leading to people going straight to the realm of shadow instead).
You're talking about the Realm of Shadow itself. I was talking about the Barrier Thorns that surround the holy city. The latter is blocked off to everyone but Empyerans seemingly.

You're talking about the Realm of Shadow itself. I was talking about the Barrier Thorns that surround the holy city. The latter is blocked off to everyone but Empyerans seemingly.
I think that is more so do to with him throwing away his body, becoming more etheral in nature and all that.

Finally finished the DLC. Got all the blessings and major items and even tried out a bunch of the new weapons. All in all I really enjoyed my time with it.

The final boss though is something else man. First phase Radahn ain't so bad when you learn the timing, but the second phase really messed me up. Had to equip two holy resist talismans and switch around builds to beat him.

Am I the only one who thinks it would have been even more epic and unique if the corpses from the Divine Gate were still raw and meaty? Now okay, the current Gate with all the petrified bodies is an excellent way to symbolize the age of that thing, how ancient the ritual was and how every single chance of peace has completely withered away from all the slaughters and prejudice and all that's left are ruins but the idea of a still meaty, raw fleshy Divine Gate as the setting of the final battle is pretty awesome and would be quite unique. Like, the final battle against Radahn and Miquella turned into a full-blown god occurs in a gory scenery balancing the majesty and glory of these two divine beings.

Also, Ziostorm made a video about the secrets of the DLC. It's actually possible to have Melina talk to you at the grace but she doesn't have new dialogues. Interestingly, he notes in his video that the dialogue he got from her was specifically her talking about how you must reach the Mountaintop of the Giants to burn the Erdtree, which is set after the Morgott fight. I don't know if that means something, it could simply be that she has dialogue depending on how you went in the base game.

I don't know if that means something, it could simply be that she has dialogue depending on how you went in the base game.
Yeah it's just that she tells you about it depending on which grace you rest at after murking Morgott, her talking about the mountaintop of the giants happens at any site of grace you rest at after you get the roid medallion so you could go rest at a random grace on a cliff in limgrave and the option to speak to Melina will still pop up. So Ziostorm beat Morgott, got the medallion and then the next grace he rested at to get the option to speak to Melina just so happened to be in the land of shadow. Either that or it was the first one he selected the talk to Melina option one at since it won't go away until you select it.

I mean, yeah. Gojo's Infinity might stop that but let's face it, if that's the last obstacle then you've basically soloed the verse.

Also, do we count harming Spirit Summons as Soul Manipulation (specifically Destruction) or nah.

I mean, yeah. Gojo's Infinity might stop that but let's face it, if that's the last obstacle then you've basically soloed the verse.

Also, do we count harming Spirit Summons as Soul Manipulation (specifically Destruction) or nah.
Radahn could potentially crush gojo through gravity manip so he might be able to actually just kill him considering the man can fling actual stars around.

eh spirit summons and harming them is sorta dubious, but why does that matter? I mean we actually smack ghosts here and there (the musaliam soldiers who are just good old spirits) and most things in the lands between can interact with them so most have basic soul manip through being able to strike the soul.

and if ya have death/madness flames on your side you can also flat out destroy a soul so 2 levels of soul manip.

That'd be Non-Physical Interaction I think, it's not like the spirits are being hit and destroyed through their body's like with the frenzied flame or messmers flame, using stuff like Mario and Zelda characters as an example they get NPI for hitting and destroying ghosts but not flat out Soul Manipulation

Gravity magic seems to be rather instant-thought based similarly to telekinesis so idk. And if you wanna be technical, Infinity can't seem to stop breathe attacks, sound attacks, and light attacks for obvious reasons. At that, they could 100% just yeet him somewhere he can't survive at.

By the way, how do we treat non-stated boss resistances? Like, the final DLC boss can be hit by Messmer's flame no problem of course. Is that game mech or soul resistance for them?

Btw if you use Miquella's Great Rune to dispel the charm, his next line is "Let your thoughts...be only of love." Idk if he says anything new afterwards.

I just figured out a really funny way to wank the skill of Elden Ring characters. You guys know how Radahn has that AOE Gravity Pulse attack that drags you towards him? You can dodge it while within its radius, meaning you literally are dodging gravity suddenly changing which direction it's pulling you in.

I just figured out a really funny way to wank the skill of Elden Ring characters. You guys know how Radahn has that AOE Gravity Pulse attack that drags you towards him? You can dodge it while within its radius, meaning you literally are dodging gravity suddenly changing which direction it's pulling you in.
Do you guys think we can actually use this?

Something I'm trying to understand. Is the Great Rune what gives Miquella his ability to charm others, or is it innate? Cause when he broke it all the npcs were no longer under his spell, and its remnants allow you to resist charms so its connected. But he does it to us during the final battle. Though that might be cause he's a god now. I guess what I'm wondering is what comes from the rune and what comes from the person? Cause in the base game we also have other runes like the Rune of Death, Rykard's and Malenia's Great Runes that give an ability to their user.

Miquella wanted Godwyn as his consort at first,
Eh, I don't know about that. The point of the Eclipse was to just give him a true death so he wouldn't be a tree zombie. Miquella wanting Godwyn has roughly the same amount of backing as wanting his canon consort imo.

Something I'm trying to understand. Is the Great Rune what gives Miquella his ability to charm others, or is it innate? Cause when he broke it all the npcs were no longer under his spell, and its remnants allow you to resist charms so its connected. But he does it to us during the final battle. Though that might be cause he's a god now. I guess what I'm wondering is what comes from the rune and what comes from the person? Cause in the base game we also have other runes like the Rune of Death, Rykard's and Malenia's Great Runes that give an ability to their user.
He was born with it, but the Great Rune expanded it into a AoE thing. Per the Bewitching Branch:

The Empyrean Miquella is loved by many people. Indeed, he has learned very well how to compel such affection.

Said branch allows you to charm enemies to fight on your side. So instead of something like Radahn's Rune, which seemingly just made him swoler, Miquella's directly complemented his base power.

Is this a big thing for stats or something?
It could imply that the Greater Will is some kinda 4D reality bending god and that ER has a multiverse.

The Dark Souls Multiverse is becoming more real every day. I think next DLC will feature Patches as a cosmic entity beyond space-time who exists in all realities and yet none silmultaneously.

Back