• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I just figured out a really funny way to wank the skill of Elden Ring characters. You guys know how Radahn has that AOE Gravity Pulse attack that drags you towards him? You can dodge it while within its radius, meaning you literally are dodging gravity suddenly changing which direction it's pulling you in.
I mean that is more speed then skill, you move so quick that the actual gravity wave that envelops you can't catch ya or pull you in and considering we got some more light speed stuff from you know what.

Honestly I did not expect the DLC to bump up elden ring this much, FTL, potential low 2-C, soul and mind manip improvements, I mean like damn that is one hell of a jump.

I felt hsi kinda implies Miquella wanted Godwyn as his consort at first, but when he died, he switched to Radahn as his second option.

It just means Miquella tried to save Godwyn because he's his brother

Is this a big thing for stats or something?
At least that means that The Greater Will exists beyond the universe thanks to the description of the Great Beyond Staff

Something I'm trying to understand. Is the Great Rune what gives Miquella his ability to charm others, or is it innate? Cause when he broke it all the npcs were no longer under his spell, and its remnants allow you to resist charms so its connected. But he does it to us during the final battle. Though that might be cause he's a god now. I guess what I'm wondering is what comes from the rune and what comes from the person? Cause in the base game we also have other runes like the Rune of Death, Rykard's and Malenia's Great Runes that give an ability to their user.
Innate. Miquella can still charm you during his boss fight and he doesn't have his Great Rune anymore

Should we make a different profile for DLC Radahn? I mean okay, the game tells us it's Radahn's soul in a different body but that's the thing. It's a flesh golem with different moves, he doesn't even speak and frankly, are we sure this is Radahn himself and Miquella didn't simply create another "version" of him?

Should we make a different profile for DLC Radahn? I mean okay, the game tells us it's Radahn's soul in a different body but that's the thing. It's a flesh golem with different moves, he doesn't even speak and frankly, are we sure this is Radahn himself and Miquella didn't simply create another "version" of him?
That's unnecessary imo. Just give him a new key.

What're your thoughts on the microcosm thing rn?
You basically have three interpretations
  • Bubble Systems = The Solar System in Elden Ring is a small bubble that encompasses all space, with the stars being Meteors and Falling Starbeasts/Great Ones.
  • Universes = The various bubbles floating in a greater space created by the Greater Will are multi-galatic to universal pockets of space. The most obvious being Ranni's ending with the Dark Moon microcosm. With the GW's influence being the mass amount of trees seen with the Elden Beast and possibly the cut stumps with Metyr
    • Universes are separate space time wise.
Anyways option 1 would make the GW 4-A and we nerf everyone else, option 2 would make the GW Low 2-C and option 3 would make the GW 2-C or 2-B depending on who feel like counting the amount of tree stumps in either location.

You basically have three interpretations
  • Bubble Systems = The Solar System in Elden Ring is a small bubble that encompasses all space, with the stars being Meteors and Falling Starbeasts/Great Ones.
  • Universes = The various bubbles floating in a greater space created by the Greater Will are multi-galatic to universal pockets of space. The most obvious being Ranni's ending with the Dark Moon microcosm. With the GW's influence being the mass amount of trees seen with the Elden Beast and possibly the cut stumps with Metyr
    • Universes are separate space time wise.
Anyways option 1 would make the GW 4-A and we nerf everyone else, option 2 would make the GW Low 2-C and option 3 would make the GW 2-C or 2-B depending on who feel like counting the amount of tree stumps in either location.
I don't think we would need a downgrade for the first case, just keep the current tiers and maybe make the GW "At least 4-A"

Is anyone planning to calculate the feat of the Tarnished dodging Miquella's lights during the final boss fight?
I mean shouldn't the tarnished just be light speed since the weapon art of the rememberance flat out states light speed movement and since that attack is just one of many that the tarnished can not only dodge but parry it would flat out mean that we are getting LS by default due to the consistent showings in the fight and potential FTL for stuff like parrying and deflecting.

They'd be light speed when using that specific weapon art but we need a calc for their normal speed compared to it (Like dodge rolling when Radahn does it or something)
parrying is better because the tarnished doesn't only need to react to the attack but counter it before it even lands, which in turn means potential FTL movement and reaction speed.

same goes to deflecting (which you can do for all attacks he uses light based ones too.)

Don't forget that Miquella's light is lightspeed, not just Lightspeed Slash. So all of Miquella's light attacks during the boss fight are Lightspeed
oh no I know that, the light speed slash is a copy of the downwards slam that he does in the second phase which has a bunch of after images before it and that same type of after image is used in a top of attacks which can again be parryed (the final real body slash that is) or deflected (this applies to literally every single one of the after images and the light beam itself).

You'd still have to calc the action, since ultimately the Tarnished is covering far less distance that the light boosted people.
Also the problem that even if it is FTL calc wise the sheer fact that in universe they have to take a luminous kinda form to reach SoL makes it kinda an explicit cap unless we're just ignoring that

Cause riding torrent would technically would be far faster than the attacks dive and ik torret isn't FTL in lore lol

Also the problem that even if it is FTL calc wise the sheer fact that in universe they have to take a luminous kinda form to reach SoL makes it kinda an explicit cap unless we're just ignoring that
Best case imo is like "Athletic Human, Sub-Rel to Rel reaction speed, SoL with one move". With the Boss being "Old Speed rating, SoL when using Light Moves".

Best case imo is like "Athletic Human, Sub-Rel to Rel reaction speed, SoL with one move". With the Boss being "Old Speed rating, SoL when using Light Moves".
Only reactions not combat speed? Considering they can physically parry them, they should be able to attack that fast as well.
Yeah I was kinda thinking sub-rel ~ rel combat speeds and reactions as well

You'd still have to calc the action, since ultimately the Tarnished is covering far less distance that the light boosted people.
the thing is each one of those after images that happen are all the same as the attack that is described as light speed and the tarnished is able to deflect the whole sting of about 3-4 after images back to back that would at the very least imply SoL reaction time with rel+ combat speed.

also since how the tarnished deflects the attacks (with the deflect tear used) right as they are about to connect wouldn't that result in a far higher level of speed as they need to fully raise their arm/weapon/shield right as the attack is about to hit them with them being able to again do that back to back to back.

Based on wut
have you been reading the thread?

the microcosm, depending on what the main consensus will be greater will (aka the big cheese themselves) will reach anywhere from 4-A to 2-B (likely low 2-C considering some of the statements here and there, since it would be far more consistent with the whole Big bang conformation by the finger boy)

the thing is each one of those after images that happen are all the same as the attack that is described as light speed and the tarnished is able to deflect the whole sting of about 3-4 after images back to back that would at the very least imply SoL reaction time with rel+ combat speed.
Send a clip of it

Send a clip of it
don't have a proper clip because I'll need to go through the DLC.... again, to capture it myself but here is a guy who got close to what I did

the main this happens at 1:40, the triple after images followed by the final hit is the same aplication of the light speed move and while the guy in the vid fails to fully deflect them all he manages to get the final two and deflect the light beam that follows straight after

gime like 2ish days and I will get back to the last boss and clip the deflecting of the 3 after images as well as the final attack and the light beam (since I did manage to do that in my fight last night with the martial weapons)

but I also do want to note that the guy in the vid was also able to deflect each of the light beams one right after the next.

like go specifically to 1:55 he deflects about 3 light beams back to back to back (he does take damage but thats because deflecting only takes out the physical and not the elemental stuff like holy damage)

Isn't he already blocking ahead of time there?
Yeah these wouldn't work
don't have a proper clip because I'll need to go through the DLC.... again, to capture it myself but here is a guy who got close to what I did

the main this happens at 1:40, the triple after images followed by the final hit is the same aplication of the light speed move and while the guy in the vid fails to fully deflect them all he manages to get the final two and deflect the light beam that follows straight after

gime like 2ish days and I will get back to the last boss and clip the deflecting of the 3 after images as well as the final attack and the light beam (since I did manage to do that in my fight last night with the martial weapons)

but I also do want to note that the guy in the vid was also able to deflect each of the light beams one right after the next.

Actually parrying the dash itself should be around Relativistic but nothing higher than that. Even considering the blade length of radahns swords alone makes Rel+ kinda impossible doubly so coupled with the distance he is away from the tarnished.

But its definitely at least sub to rel

Yeah these wouldn't work
there is a slight issue with assuming these are preemptive blocks and it lies within the description of the tear itself
2024-07-02_233747.png

its specifically at the near buttom of the discription

"Demage negation and guard poise will be hightened in the moment immediately after assuming a guard stance"

meaing any preemptive blocks will not do as you need to raise your guard right as the attack connects, meaning gameplay wise at least tarnished is deflecting the attack as it is right about to land.

Only reactions not combat speed?
Reactions is for doing one action, combat speed is doing a series of actions. So I think it fits in with the former and not the latter per our definition
Reaction speed is the speed at which a character can react to an event or action. This usually only grants a short movement upon reaction, whereas several movements at the same speed switch it to combat speed.

For example, let's say that character A shoots at character B with a gun and character B dodges. That is reaction speed. Keep in mind, sometimes a person aim dodges and it is not as good of a feat.
So I don't think its combat speed for just blocking. Though since you can perfect guard multiple attacks from the rush back to back I guess it would count.
The speed of light is 299,792,458 m/s the only way to get SoL reactions to that is if the Tarnished reacted to Radahn at a distance of 1 meter. In none of your clips are they that close together.

Radahn is 3.4 meters tall as an example, meaning a 90 degree sword swings covers a 3 meter arc distance making it impossible for the Tarnished to get SoL. Even the rush attack has Radahn cover dozens of times the distance the Tarnished does in the same timeframe. For example at 1:42 in the video where the character does block Radahn's swings, they're moving a sword like 30~ cm while Radahn is covering 3x his total body length.

Like Dale said you'll get a bunch of Sub-Rel to Rel calcs, but none of them can (or should) be FTL or SoL.

Back