• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Also Godfrey should scale to the other god tiers because Elden Lord is not a title you just give anybody. Like Lord of Cinder in Dark Souls 3, it is a title of strength. The fact that he stands in your way and poses a challenge to you in your quest to claim the title of Elden Lord, a title he rightfully held in the past, is enough to let him scale.
Would scaling him above Radahn and Malenia be legit? IIRC, Radahn admired Godfrey and wanted to be as great as him.

Source on that one? Not saying you're wrong, but that would be a pretty great thing to have as justification for his tier.

Source on that one? Not saying you're wrong, but that would be a pretty great thing to have as justification for his tier.
I think his armor descriptions? I think it was something about the lion motif on his armor trying to mimic Godfrey's lion

Imagine if we scaled characters in terms of difficulty level, Malenia would be the strongest Elden Ring character lol

Radagon and Elden Beast are not the same thing. They should have separate profiles. Also if you have a keen eye, you can spot Elden Beast raising up with a sword, which was where Radagon sank into. To the Elden Beast/Greater Will, Radagon is nothing but a tool.

Also Godfrey should scale to the other god tiers because Elden Lord is not a title you just give anybody. Like Lord of Cinder in Dark Souls 3, it is a title of strength. The fact that he stands in your way and poses a challenge to you in your quest to claim the title of Elden Lord, a title he rightfully held in the past, is enough to let him scale.

Also if he had succeded in punting you, he would have gone on to kill Radagon and the Elden Beast himself. It's the only he could have gotten the title back. It's silly to say he doesn't scale.
Yep, the Beast uses Radagon as a literal sword

Godfrey should scale yes, it's Godrick who doesn't

The Elden Stars items says this

"This legendary incantation is the most ancient of those that derive from the Erdtree.

Creates a stream of golden shooting stars that assail the area.

It is said that long ago, the Greater Will sent a golden star bearing a beast into the Lands Between, which would later become the Elden Ring."

This apparently refers to the Beast and interestingly when you kill it, it says "God Slain" instead of "Enemy Felled". The Beast is also described as the embodiement of order.

Based on this, it seems the Elden Beast is basically the embodiement of the Elden Ring, wich supported by the fact it literally uses the Ring itself as an attack

So am I correct that this "God Tier" consisting of endgame Tarnished, Godfrey, Radagon, and Elden Beast is stronger than all demigods combined? Since the Elden Beast is the embodiment of the Elden Ring, and the Great Runes that grant the demigods their strength are just fragments of it.

Basically. Although I think Maliketh would also be there. Placidusax too for being an Elden Lord himself, and possibly the Fire Giant as he faced Godfrey himself, although was defeated. Well, there could be other one, like maybe Ranni too.

Basically. Although I think Maliketh would also be there. Placidusax too for being an Elden Lord himself, and possibly the Fire Giant as he faced Godfrey himself, although was defeated. Well, there could be other one, like maybe Ranni too.
Ranni has interesting stuff in that she doesn't fight herself but conjures an illusion of Rennala at her prime that can fight the Tarnished and she can instantly kill them no matter their level should they try to give her Seluvis's potion

Don't know about the Fire Giant though

We fought Radahn, so did a bunch of random dudes that wont scale either. As for Malenia, we literally saw the fight happening in the cinematic, it took a couple of second and she realized she couldnt beat him without aids
Doesn't she like cut his leg. And we doesn't see al the fight we saw the end of it. And her power is aids so goddess of rot malenia should still scale.

I don't think it's really an illusion tho. For mee seems like it was mostly Rennala being reborn with the help of Ranni.
Don't think that, Rennala remains in her weakened state after the fight so she wasn't returned to her prime, either it was an illusion created by Ranni or it was Ranni herself disguised as her mother

Last edited:
Don't think that Rennala remains in her weakened state after the fight so she wasn't returned to her prime, either it was an illusion created by Ranni or it was Ranni herself disguised as her mother
Like, there's nothing that supports it being an illusion. Sorcery from what I know isn't related to that power so assuming that should require more evidence. Also there's anything saying that Rennala was weakened? Because she only was left alone in the Library because of being crazy, but not because she lost any kind of power. Like I said it seems mostly that she was mostly empowered by Ranni and thus after resurrecting gained more power.

Misunder
Like, there's nothing that supports it being an illusion. Sorcery from what I know isn't related to that power so assuming that should require more evidence. Also there's anything saying that Rennala was weakened? Because she only was left alone in the Library because of being crazy, but not because she lost any kind of power. Like I said it seems mostly that she was mostly empowered by Ranni and thus after resurrecting gained more power.
There's no resurrection happening with her since she wasn't dead, the first phase has her in a crazy state barely doing anything except craddling an egg and maybe launching one attack with her students fighting for her then suddenly we hear Ranni talking about protecting her mother, dark smoke and a blue version of Rennala appear out of nowhere, standing up in a spot the real Rennala wasn't a second ago since she was crawling on the ground to reach the egg clearly not in a state to fight and fighting like she had never been crazy to begin with, then after the fight she's back to being in a nigh lethargic state, a bit saner than before but that's it so yes the idea that it wasn't the real Rennala but an illusion is more than suggested
Her prothese was chopped yeah but what does it have with what i tell?
Misunderstood your comment lol sorry

Last edited:
There's no resurrection happening with her, the first phase has her in a crazy state barely doing anything with her students fighting for her then suddenly we hear Ranni talking about protecting her mother, dark smoke and a blue version of Rennala appear out of nowhere, standing up in a spot Rennala wasn't a second ago and fighting like she had never been crazy to begin with, then after the fight she's back to being in a nigh lethargic state, a bit saner than before but that's it soo yes the illusion idea is heavily suggested
The resurrection has a considerable role with Rennala. She was essentially defeated by the Tarnished at the end of the first phase, so it's understandable why her ability was triggered. It also happens after Sellen's questline which was basically she killing everyone in Raya Lucaria, so it's a pretty simple interpretation. Also, could know why Ranni protecting her mother has something to do with illusions? I mean, I didn't negated that tho, but as I said it's mostly she giving Rennala more power than she had once. Of course, after defeating her she will lose the amp, because that spell for protection was dispelled, and with that she will return to her normal state.

The resurrection has a considerable role with Rennala. She was essentially defeated by the Tarnished at the end of the first phase, so it's understandable why her ability was triggered. It also happens after Sellen's questline which was basically she killing everyone in Raya Lucaria, so it's a pretty simple interpretation. Also, could know why Ranni protecting her mother has something to do with illusions? I mean, I didn't negated that tho, but as I said it's mostly she giving Rennala more power than she had once. Of course, after defeating her she will lose the amp, because that spell for protection was dispelled, and with that she will return to her normal state.
The projection is transluscent blue and appears out of nowhere behaving completely differently than how Rennala was acting a second ago, to me it doesn't look like an amp but an illusion. Also, nothing indicates Rennala was killed so no resurrection involved

The projection is transluscent blue and appears out of nowhere behaving completely differently than how Rennala was acting a second ago, to me it doesn't look like an amp but an illusion. Also, nothing indicates Rennala was killed so no resurrection involved
Still dunno why the flashy lights relates to illusions tbh. Besides my interpretation, then I could say that she was like a replica of Rennala, like the one for Godfrey, instead of an actual illusion. And if you look that case... it has more sense. And I don't think that an illusion could drop something such as a Great Rune and the Remembrance.

Still dunno why the flashy lights relates to illusions tbh. Besides my interpretation, then I could say that she was like a replica of Rennala, like the one for Godfrey, instead of an actual illusion. And if you look that case... it has more sense. And I don't think that an illusion could drop something such as a Great Rune and the Remembrance.
Still not sure about it but I can agree

Not-so-related topic:

Anyone has an idea what the Primeval Current is? I have a solid theory (maybe :v), but I want to see your points of view.

Also, has anyone seen the final boss and if yes, what do you think about it? Like, isn't it the strongest being in the setting for now (after the Greater Will)?
It'd be like 7th, 5 Gods+Tarnished all supersede it.

i don't know, mistranlation or not, her actions are still pretty nefarious to a degree, though she would be more like a "minor" villain so to speak
Eh, her actions in the past could definitely be seen as evil (kinda were), but she herself is well aware of that and constantly goes on about her dark past and for others to stay away it's her burden and all that.
Though her end goal is more of a heroic one of self-sacrifice for the greater good (in the jap version at least).

Comes off more as a character who wanted to do something out of her own "selfish" desire (escape the two fingers and thus stole the rune of death) that lead forth into wanting to do something for the greater good even if it meant ******* herself over in the long run.

I'd call her an anti-villain turned anti-hero tbh.

Speaking about that, I'll leave my bets for potential DLCs:

-Sea of Fog
-Dragon Communion
-Primeval Current
-Eternal Cities
-Dreams
-Godskins and the Gloam-Eyed Queen

I wonder if in future DLCs we will get to meet or fight the Outer Gods
Meh nah, I think it's better if they're left how they are, edlritch formless beings so above everything and everyone they don't really "exist" so to speak, though learning more about them would be great

Back