• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

That's not really her body, though. That's something on her, not Malenia herself. I'd also note Radahn's fight with Malenia didn't include her second phase, unless I missed that somewhere.
Yeah, but it may as well be her body, it's relative, not like she's using armor and prosthetics way below her own body.

Her second phase isn't stronger though is it? From a lore perspective I mean, isn't that her channeling the power of covid god, allowing her to use the rot? And bugs I guess. I don't think it's implied she gets a power boost, more like a huge hax boost.

She did use the Scarlet Lotus on Radahn though as seen in the cinematic to force a tie, which is how she always opens phase 2 and a move she only uses in said phase so, I think she went into phase 2 yeah, but less to fight and more to force the stalemate.

Though I will say, while it is made abundantly clear that Radahn is the most powerful, it is also stated the only DemiGod that could compete with him is Malenia so there is some comparability going on (though in turn ***** the other dudes over a bit if she was the only one who partook in the shattering that could throw hands with him and still had to resort to giving him the hax).

Actually where the **** does Mohg place?
Mohg essentially kidnapped Miquella from Malenia.

Frankly I think all of the demigods end up in the same bracket. They all fought one another, in lore. I don't think it's a huge stretch.

Radahn was definitely stated to be the strongest of the demigods. Granted, there is a lot of past tense used in the game but just because Malenia fled after inflicting an entire nation with rot doesn't mean she won either.

She still scales though.

Blaidd probably wouldn't get the full result but of all the summons he's got more backing him potentially downscaling from Radahn. I'd say he's definitely the strongest of those summons from the lore we have so far. At worst we can maybe give him a "possibly" for the downscaled tier.

There are cases from people who were superior to their enemy expressing surprise at a certain move or how much power they had so I don't think that's necessarily a good argument to keep him away from the tier. Even from just a general standpoint, Radahn left an impression on most people even in spite of the other bosses that exist in the game. Also the fact he doesn't show the same signs of being handily swatted aside like Alexander further supports him possibly scaling, as he's not even a magic wielder so you can't argue he just stood afar and watched the whole time and he's certainly not a coward.

Also, Tarnished should definitely scale at that point of the game, because of the summons we know a few of them are more fragile and Blaidd basically hypes you up by acknowledging that you clashed blades with Radahn.

Mohg kidnapped Miquella, yes, but it's never implied at all that Miquella fought Mohg off. Everything Mohg does is shady and scummy, and considering Malenia didn't know where her brother was when you fight her I doubt Mohg had to fight her off.

He was able to kill Miquella though, but like, I don't think Miquella has feats?

Frankly I think all of the demigods end up in the same bracket. They all fought one another, in lore. I don't think it's a huge stretch.
Eh, some definitely don't, Godrick 100% doesn't, being a DemiGod doesn't inherently give you good stats, given he's like 10-C normally.
Some definitely do, though there is a blatant power stance, with Radahn at the top, followed by Malenia.
Other ones would be lower to varying degrees, some a lot, some only a bit.

Foxthefox1000
Though there is the question of Godwyn, the Black Knives killed him, of course they snuck up on him and ******* ganged him, but the fact they COULD kill him might be worth noting for AP, and Blaidd did kill two himself. But they also used special knives, but were they special because they could inflict death in the sense that they can kill without having to be issued with Godwyn's immortality, or was it just like "lol ya ******* died" instant death hax shit. The former could be good for Blaidd scaling given they would need the AP to harm Godwyn, the latter would mean **** all and they just haxed him via surprise attack.

If you try to poison ranni, she can straight up instant kill you, like you drop dead and your whole HP is gone.
You cant kill her either, she has forcefields if you attack and tells you to **** off.

Tells you to **** off, if you don't in 3, you literally die instantly, your hp just vanishes and she's like never show up again.

We fought Radahn, so did a bunch of random dudes that wont scale either. As for Malenia, we literally saw the fight happening in the cinematic, it took a couple of second and she realized she couldnt beat him without aids
In-lore, they apparently fought for hours until Malenia decided she had to unleash the rot to win but even then, that's because they were too even. Though there's also the whole "Radahn is holding back stars at the same time" stuff, wich would incidicate he's stronger since he was able to stalemate her without using his full strength

Not really. Godrick got his wrecked by Morgott when he attacked Leyndell, Mogh simply kidnapped Miquella, Rykard was busy taking control of a god-eating snake and Ranni wasp lotting from the shadows and apparently lost a significant portion of her power by destroying her original body (I also red somewhere Radahn holding up the stars somehow weakened her even further but I don't know if that's stated in the game)

Also, has anyone seen the final boss and if yes, what do you think about it? Like, isn't it the strongest being in the setting for now (after the Greater Will)?

Cinematic trailer, he struck her arm and completely shattered it.

Mal I think is comparable tho, weaker, but within the same tier, her exact tier would be dependent on what Radahn gets tho.
Either way, she's not as strong as Radahn, but her AP and durability, albeit to a lower degree, would still be within the same tier ,it depends what Radahn ends up at, if he ends up 4-A via star sky shit, they'd straight up be 4-A given how deep into it they'd be (Whether it's from him or someone else, if someone else, he'd upscale a bit instead).

If he ends up tier 7-6, that is when the calculated value matters, for example, if Radahn ends up baseline 7-A, she'd probably downscale to 7-B+ durability and at most 7-A AP, same if he ends up baseline 6-C or 7-B+, etc, if the calc ends up being close to a baseline there'd be downscaling to just beneath it, of course if he ends up like just below a tier, they'd downscale but still be the same tier as him, given being a few times weaker would still be the same tier. All this was just examples fyi, I'm running my ideas here how we could maybe factor in the scaling.
Don't know about it but maybe Radahn should be 4-A only via gravity magic?

Also didn't Malenia stab Radahn in the trailer?
Just rewatched it. Seems like she stabbed him but was also stabbed at the same time (you can see blood dripping from her body on her blade) and right after that, she creates a huge flower (obviously the moment she thought '**** it!' and unleashed the Scarlet Rot)

Well, you can tank his gravity-based attacks in gameplay so I guess it counts. Though they're clearly different from the other strikes so maybe he can go like "Tier 7/6 physically, up to 4-A via Gravity Magic" (assuming we make him 4-A of course but that's just an example)

Not really. Godrick got his wrecked by Morgott when he attacked Leyndell, Mogh simply kidnapped Miquella, Rykard was busy taking control of a god-eating snake and Ranni wasp lotting from the shadows and apparently lost a significant portion of her power by destroying her original body (I also red somewhere Radahn holding up the stars somehow weakened her even further but I don't know if that's stated in the game)
The two fought and survived, though. In-lore this implies some level of equality. Godrick is probably among the weakest of the demigods, too, if I had to hazard a guess. I don't really see how the other things mentioned correlate to what I was saying, though, besides Radahn's thing but then he fought Malenia, so. Ranni I'd be questionable on scaling, fair enough, but then she has the Age of Stars ending.

The two fought and survived, though. In-lore this implies some level of equality. Godrick is probably among the weakest of the demigods, too, if I had to hazard a guess. I don't really see how the other things mentioned correlate to what I was saying, though, besides Radahn's thing but then he fought Malenia, so. Ranni I'd be questionable on scaling, fair enough, but then she has the Age of Stars ending.
Godrick survived mostly because he fled, he's by far the weakest of the demigods and shouldn't scale to the others I believe

Ranni has some pretty interesting stuff even if she doesn't directly fight, she was able to create an illusion of Rennala at her prime that was capable of fighting the Tarnished, ie one of her illusions can do that, I believe she has a good measure of power. There's also the instant death thing should you try to give her the potion (don't know if that's the result of the Rune of Death or one of her own spells though) and she's constantly teleporting. She also seems to have an affinity for frost with spells and weapons associated with her (the Dark Moon Greatsword being the most proeminent)

Also, what about the Elden Beast?

I'm interested in both honestly. The EB is quite unique even for the game and everything points it out to be the dop dog save for Outer Gods

Godrick survived mostly because he fled, he's by far the weakest of the demigods and shouldn't scale to the others I believe
This. If anything, all the other demigods should upscale from him as Godrick is widely seen as a little bitch. Dude was hiding from Radahn in his castle and dude insulted Malenia only to get wrecked and ended up pleading for his life.

Radagon and Elden Beast are not the same thing. They should have separate profiles. Also if you have a keen eye, you can spot Elden Beast raising up with a sword, which was where Radagon sank into. To the Elden Beast/Greater Will, Radagon is nothing but a tool.

Also Godfrey should scale to the other god tiers because Elden Lord is not a title you just give anybody. Like Lord of Cinder in Dark Souls 3, it is a title of strength. The fact that he stands in your way and poses a challenge to you in your quest to claim the title of Elden Lord, a title he rightfully held in the past, is enough to let him scale.

Also if he had succeded in punting you, he would have gone on to kill Radagon and the Elden Beast himself. It's the only he could have gotten the title back. It's silly to say he doesn't scale.

Two questions:

1. Where does Maliketh scale? He could maybe scale from mid/lategame Tarnished as he is fought later than Radahn, so should be at least comparable to weakened Radahn.

2. Elden Beast should be stronger than all the demigods combined, right? It is the embodiment of the full Elden Ring, and the great runes that give the demigods their strength are just fragments of it. Obviously, endgame Tarnished scales to this for defeating Elden Beast. Does Radagon?

Elden Beast has his own starry sky feat so I'm inclined to say he scales above the Demigods by a wide margin.

Radagon should scale to Elden Beast yeah, he has the most complete part of the Elden Ring after all.

Maliketh would likely scale to Radahn due to him being a stated threat to the Demigods. So much so that they all feared him.

Couldn't Maliketh be comparable to Radagon/Marika? Because he is the shadow of Marika and was able to seal Destined Death, which as it was saw literally burned the whole Erdtree and likely the whole world too.

Back