• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

I wonder if the Lord of Chaos is to the Frenzied Flame what the Elden Beast is to the Greater Will.

Last edited:
So I randomly opened a treasure chest in a grassy land and it teleported me to a castle in the middle of nowhere...

Personally I enoyed more creating a new character than going straight to NG+. No point in exploring dungeons in NG+ since I already have the items & boss sucks.

But it's completely worth exploring them with a new character.

Disregarding the feat stuff, how do you like the game so far? Like, out of 10, and compared to other soulsborne games?
Not who you're replying to, but if I had to rank em

Elden Ring > Sekiro > Dark Souls 2 > Dark Souls 1 > Dark Souls 3

All of them are amazing, and yes, I have shit taste.

Wow none of you people have played King's Field 1 for the PS1 (The JP-only one not the US King's Field 1 which is actually King's Field 2, not to be confused with King's Field 2, released as King's Field 3 in the west) and you dare to call yourselves Souls fans? Disgusting
I am actually planning to get those, since I think both of those are backwards compatible with the PS2.

I disagree with some of this, but I suppose I'll wait for a thread to argue about whether the flowery language of "shaping the world" is "literally conceptual manipulation bro".
HhmmMMM. Well I don't see why the statement should be flowery language, like, there's no reason to be so in first place (plus is something saw in the game). But welp.

Wow none of you people have played King's Field 1 for the PS1 (The JP-only one not the US King's Field 1 which is actually King's Field 2, not to be confused with King's Field 2, released as King's Field 3 in JP) and you dare to call yourselves Souls fans? Disgusting
I am a King's Field fan, for I too enjoy dying in the first minute of a game.

Like someone said earlier, I doubt meteors are the full intention behind every use of the word "star" and things related to stars such as "nebula" and "constellation". Also some of the bosses creating supposed starry skies.

Some of the stuff Radahn was holding off were meteors but I fully believe that he was holding some of the stars in place too. Some of them don't fall after all.

Though perhaps the Japanese version will have something more concrete for these feats with their native tongue

I just don't think we should assume anything. There is nothing that indicates that they are real stars, given that we see one of the "stars" fall and it very clearly wasn't star-sized. Since this meteor/comet was called a star, and nobody implied that it was different than every other "star" in the sky, we shouldn't assume it was different just for the sake of Tier 4. If there was anything that indicated anything being star-sized I would be more inclined to agree, but right now I just don't think there is enough to justify it.

I personally support using the calc of the impact to scale Radahn and those who scale to him.

Several spells states how stars are real and are indeed of great scale (see Stars of Ruin for example), and seeing the very sky imply it. The very existence of the sun is enough to prove that the world is equal to ours. Saying that they aren't real stars is actually the biggest assumption one can make here, and funnily enough, there's nothing indicating that the cosmos isn't that big (and something you should need to prove in fact).

Regarding the Radahn stuff, remember that he was holding the stars with gravitational magic, which is clearly related to meteors. Meteors, that holds the same hierarchy of the stars (as stated in the Meteor spell), so that's why the one that fell into the Eternal City was called like that (and from what I remember is was actually called like a falling star). Even so, we still see how there are more stars in the sky besides the ones that fallen, that started to shine after Radahn's defeat.

Several spells states how stars are real and are indeed of great scale (see Stars of Ruin for example), and seeing the very sky imply it. The very existence of the sun is enough to prove that the world is equal to ours. Saying that they aren't real stars is actually the biggest assumption one can make here, and funnily enough, there's nothing indicating that the cosmos isn't that big (and something you should need to prove in fact).

Regarding the Radahn stuff, remember that he was holding the stars with gravitational magic, which is clearly related to meteors. Meteors, that holds the same hierarchy of the stars (as stated in the Meteor spell), so that's why the one that fell into the Eternal City was called like that (and from what I remember is was actually called like a falling star). Even so, we still see how there are more stars in the sky besides the ones that fallen, that started to shine after Radahn's defeat.
Just having a sun-like body in the sky doesn't prove that the world is equal to ours. If we have no reason to assume its different, then yes we could assume it is star-sized. But in this case, we do have a reason to assume it's different since we have seen many "stars" that are very clearly not star-sized.

As for Stars of Ruin, all it says is "great star cluster". This can mean many things, and it seems like a leap of logic to assume that "great" means as big as a star when we have literally seen a star fall in the game. For all we know, the size of this "great star cluster" could have just been as big as a city or something.

For more evidence that these "stars" aren't like stars in our own world, there is many references to stars moving. While stars in our own world do move, it seems to me that in this situation they mean stars moving in an astrological sense. Meaning, how the stars move across the sky. In real life, the stars "movement" is actually the Earth's movement changing what we see. In Elden Ring, since Radahn stopped the movement of the stars, it likely means that the stars were quite literally moving around the world. Therefore, they are not real stars, and are something else. This is just speculation, but it's something to think about.

Just having a sun-like body in the sky doesn't prove that the world is equal to ours. If we have no reason to assume its different, then yes we could assume it is star-sized. But in this case, we do have a reason to assume it's different since we have seen many "stars" that are very clearly not star-sized.

As for Stars of Ruin, all it says is "great star cluster". This can mean many things, and it seems like a leap of logic to assume that "great" means as big as a star when we have literally seen a star fall in the game. For all we know, the size of this "great star cluster" could have just been as big as a city or something.

For more evidence that these "stars" aren't like stars in our own world, there is many references to stars moving. While stars in our own world do move, it seems to me that in this situation they mean stars moving in an astrological sense. Meaning, how the stars move across the sky. In real life, the stars "movement" is actually the Earth's movement changing what we see. In Elden Ring, since Radahn stopped the movement of the stars, it likely means that the stars were quite literally moving around the world. Therefore, they are not real stars, and are something else. This is just speculation, but it's something to think about.
Stars that I already explained that aren't real stars, but instead, meteorites, so I don't see your point.

The next arguments here are actually based purely on speculations or on the old good "it can mean many things," which by themselves doesn't provide anything real. Again, if you can't provide a real evidence for your claims instead of the falling star (that I already explained) then we can't assume that.

And no the stars irl doesn't move solely for Earth's movement. It also helps in the perspective of the sky, of course, but it doesn't have a direct relationship with the movement itself for the stars (and surprise: the universe is in constant movement)

Stars that I already explained that aren't real stars, but instead, meteorites, so I don't see your point.

The next arguments here are actually based purely on speculations or on the old good "it can mean many things," which by themselves doesn't provide anything real. Again, if you can't provide a real evidence for your claims instead of the falling star (that I already explained) then we can't assume that.

And no the stars irl doesn't move solely for Earth's movement. It also helps in the perspective of the sky, of course, but it doesn't have a direct relationship with the movement itself for the stars (and surprise: the universe is in constant movement)
You never proved that they were meteorites and not stars though. You just gave your headcanon that they are actually meteors. The characters called it a star, the lore implies it to be a star, and we see other stars that are not star-sized which supports an object of this size being a star in-universe (like in the nebulas and constellations within the Elden Beast and other bosses). The game very clearly intends the stars to not be star-sized.

Of course the universe is in motion, but astrology is based mainly on the movement of the earth.

You never proved that they were meteorites and not stars though. You just gave your headcanon that they are actually meteors. The characters called it a star, the lore implies it to be a star, and we see other stars that are not star-sized which supports an object of this size being a star in-universe (like in the nebulas and constellations within the Elden Beast and other bosses). The game very clearly intends the stars to not be star-sized.

Of course the universe is in motion, but astrology is based mainly on the movement of the earth.
I mean, even if it's an assumption that one is more consistent with the general lore of the game and many of the statements there. Assumption, that I also explained better honestly. Regarding the nebula stuff... how it proves anything at all? The Elden Beast is basically an embodiment of the Golden Order, so it doesn't have to create within it something of a real scale or anything like that. I don't see the point here (and well I still didn't reached to that part of the game yet so I can't say much). And which other bosses are you talking about? Astel? Because with him the sky of his arena it's directly stated to be false and created by the Greater Will, something pretty different to the real cosmos.

Well, not only it's still speculative to bring that to the game with what we know, but also, I already provided something that clearly debunks that notion, and most of your claims. So, yeaH.

I don't think Radahn was holding literal stars either. I have a completely different interpretation of the feat from some of you and I have already stated what I think.

A possible interpretation about Radahn holding the stars and holding Ranni's fate is the meteor. We know From Software games have this kind of mysticism.
Radahn is holding meteorites, and one of them had its direction towards Nokron, where Ranni would like us to go and do some stuff for her, not her fate, but her desire. Radahn isn't literally manipulating her fate but actually not letting Ranni get access to Nokron where she would do her stuff
So, Radahn isn't literally holding Ranni's fate, not like a metaphysical way. He was just blocking her way to Nokron, where she'd need to do her stuff for her ending in the game.

ELDEN RING is a cosmic level verse, that's obvious. But I don't think we should take From Software's metaphors too serious, we already do in some cases like Rom moving the Moon in Bloodborne wich is bullshit. Lets use real feats.

If I understood it correctly, the night Rennala created remains even after her death, iluminating Liurnia.

HhmmMMM. Well I don't see why the statement should be flowery language, like, there's no reason to be so in first place (plus is something saw in the game). But welp.
Barack Obama when he has conceptual manipulation (he changed the world)

Also yeah the stars in spells are literally explicitly mentioned to be shooting stars. Comets, meteors, that sort of thing. You have to objectively not know what you're talking about or blithely ignore these things to claim them as actual stars. And ignore the only actual "star" impact site being of minimal size- whereas it seems a reasonable feat to do with what the game actually calls them- falling stars. Meteors.

While I believe that Rahahn's feat is done with meteors and not actual stars, I believe it is disingenuous to assume that every celestial feat in the verse does not involve real stars in some way.

You have yet failed to show me a single celestial feat, Ovens. Ranni's dialogue, for example, shouldn't be taken as straight up literal, since it ***** up what she means for the rest of it. We would have to take only one aspect of it literally, exclusively to match our intent to make them Tiershit.

Back