• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Elden Ring General Discussion

Thats because you're busy
Doesn't mention you have Nioh 2 stuffs that need to be finished
I don't really like Nioh 2. Nioh 1 supremacy, etc etc.

Currently helping a friend with Malenia. Really considering jumping out my second-story window head-first.

I talk to Naito already, punk

Aye, I figure. I know who we're dealing with here.

Disregarding the feat stuff, how do you like the game so far? Like, out of 10, and compared to other soulsborne games?

Disregarding the feat stuff, how do you like the game so far? Like, out of 10, and compared to other soulsborne games?
Second best Souls game, immediately on the tail of Bloodborne (I simp cosmic horror). Shit's fun, only a handful of complaints, particularly with crashes and the occasional glitch (like mounting Torrent only to be stuck in mid-air). Malenia is also straight up the hardest boss of any souls game I've ever played, at a whopping 42 attempts for me to beat (next highest was Kos at 17). Beat my ass.

I will say I feel more attached to characters now that I have a more obvious story for them, though I don't want them hand-feeding me any plot anytime soon. Less about obscurity, more about the story actually being told at all, rather than leaving us to come to our own conclusions.

Current list goes somethin' like this:

Bloodborne > Elden Ring > Dark Souls 3 > Dark Souls > Sekiro > Dark Souls 2

never played Demon Souls so

A greatsword in each hand, mimic tear and a bit of luck and Malenia falls like a house of cards.
I power-stance halberds. Golden Halberd and Gargoyle's Black Halberd, specifically. I rather dislike using ashes so I didn't initially. Still, she's hard, don't think there's much to argue on that. She outdid every other boss by a mile. Radahn only took 8, Godrick and Margit/Morgott 1, Rennala 5, Rykard 2 (didn't have enough FP for his gimmick), Mohg 6, and uh... I'm probably forgetting a shardbearer. You get the point.

I don't use Mimic Tear (the only spirit I have upgraded) too much because it is overpowered
(but it was late at night and I didn't feel like dealing with Malenia's HP absorption bullshit).

BTW, as someone who has """finished""" Elden Ring I recommend this ash of war.
I started using it basically at the end game and I regret not using it earlier.
Using this skill to dodge all the Elden Beast's attacks felt very satisfying.

If we're counting time, I'm 130 hours in, give or take.

Thinking of switching to twinblades personally. They're fun, a couple scale to strength and one even scales to strength/faith (my current build, too).

God It absolutely sucks to be so behind everyone else due to work. And I'll probably be stuck this way for the next 3 weeks.

I barely had time to play around 40h...yeah.

Twinblades do look fun, reminds me of the Insect Glaive from Monster Hunter. Or you know the whole Dual Lightsaber like Maul from Star Wars.

I was thinking of trying the whip as I never used it in a souls games.

God It absolutely sucks to be so behind everyone else due to work. And I'll probably be stuck this way for the next 3 weeks.
Aye, work has killed a lot of my time. I've spent more or less all of my free time lately on ER. Did call off one night, though. It was necessary.

Link 'em to me. If someone says 4-A Radahn because the game uses the word Star to refer to Meteors I'll scream.
He's 4-A
fcac45c5-dc47-45c2-b522-c9ee8c21fe2d

Speaking about that, the Demigods should have some degree of Reality Warping.
Their war was basically tearing the whole world apart to finally leave it as it is now. They also holding the power of the Great Runes could also support this.

I haven't read all 10 pages of this thread, but has any interesting hax been discussed so far that's worth reading the whole thing for?

Speaking of profiles, the Outer Gods can have one? Because if that's the case, then I would like to take care of them.
This is such an embarrassing question given I've already claimed to be on Journey 4 (now 5), but... uhhhhmmm, who are the "outer gods"? I really didn't pay attention to the lore

The Outer Gods are basically some transcendental beings that seemingly shaped all of reality (the Greater Will basically being the one who created all). These play some occult but yet important role in the game, as they are guiding the characters throughout different paths that leads to various endings. For now, we know there are 5 known Outer Gods: the Greater Will (Elden Ring and the Erdtree), the Dark Moon (Sorcery and Stars), the Frenzied Flame (Yellow Flames of Madness and Chaos), the Mother of Truth (Bloodflame and Truth), and the Rot God (Scarlet Rot).

So for now, I think they have at very least a Low 2-C AP and Immeasurable speed, and, well, powers related to the stuff they created and represent. The funny thing here is that characters such as Marika, Ranni, Mohg, and Malenia are Empyreans, aka, vessels for their gods. Due to that, they can have things like Type 8 Immortality and so on.

That's all the information I have for now regarding them.

The Outer Gods are basically some transcendental beings that seemingly shaped all of reality (the Greater Will basically being the one who created all). These play some occult but yet important role in the game, as they are guiding the characters throughout different paths that leads to various endings. For now, we know there are 5 known Outer Gods: the Greater Will (Elden Ring and the Erdtree), the Dark Moon (Sorcery and Stars), the Frenzied Flame (Yellow Flames of Madness and Chaos), the Mother of Truth (Bloodflame and Truth), and the Rot God (Scarlet Rot).

So for now, I think they have at very least a Low 2-C AP and Immeasurable speed, and, well, powers related to the stuff they created and represent. The funny thing here is that characters such as Marika, Ranni, Mohg, and Malenia are Empyreans, aka, vessels for their gods. Due to that, they can have things like Type 8 Immortality and so on.

That's all the information I have for now regarding them.
Intersting, would (for example) Ranni just be a different key of her respective outer god? I'm not sure of their relationship is of that type, but might save some time

I don't think so. As I said, I think each god should have it's own profile. What Ranni, for example, can have, is what I said regarding the Immo, as she's basically an avatar of the god, and, perhaps, a key with the amp the god could give to her. However I still need to see is that's possible, or if in the game the Empyreans gain some kind of amp.

I don't think so. As I said, I think each god should have it's own profile. What Ranni, for example, can have, is what I said regarding the Immo, as she's basically an avatar of the god, and, perhaps, a key with the amp the god could give to her. However I still need to see is that's possible, or if in the game the Empyreans gain some kind of amp.
I see.

And where does the AP and speed come from?

That's a spoiler 🤏

In Hyetta's questline, it's stated that the Greater Will was the creator of everything, while the Frenzied Flame wanted to return everything to primordial chaos, which indeed happens in its end (from what I know, since I still didn't finished the game hahan't). Well, that, and the fact that the Elden Ring and the Erdtree basically holds power over reality as a whole, with the shattering warping the foundations of everything and the laws/logic. And here it's pretty clear the existence of an universe, with the stars and that cosmic thing.

Before any of you get any smart ideas I already called Ranni.
Also counting Radahn's comet bullshit is a pain but I counted around 300 going frame by frame, give or take a **** ton, gonna need to redo it, maybe use a program to help out.

Last edited:
Back